Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton follows Prince William's example with quiet evening in for hen night - Telegraph

Kate Middleton follows Prince William's example with quiet evening in for hen night

Kate Middleton has followed the example of her fiancé, Prince William, by opting for a distinctly low-key hen night

Buckingham Palace chef gives a tantalising taste of his wedding canapés - Telegraph

Buckingham Palace chef gives a tantalising taste of his wedding canapés

For the 24 cooks working below stairs at Buckingham Palace, it is a royal wedding secret guarded just as closely as the design of Kate Middleton’s dress

Prince Harry knows that stag night strippers are just not sexy - Telegraph

Harry knows that stag night strippers are just not sexy
Far from a bacchanal of whooping yobbery, Prince William's stag do consisted of a blameless weekend at a friend's country estate in Norfolk, says Michael Deacon

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems William is serious in leaving the wild bachelor days behind hin. As it seems that catherine and William thought all aspects of their future carefully through, I guess this was another point: the change from young prince to senior Royal and future king. Catherine, while obviously fun to be with, has a distinct understanding of the position of a Royal lady and how to convey this image gracefully in public and I doubt her husband will ever shame her by appearing wild and unreliable himself. A true officer, gentleman and nobleman.

It seems William is serious in leaving the wild bachelor days behind hin. As it seems that catherine and William thought all aspects of their future carefully through, I guess this was another point: the change from young prince to senior Royal and future king. Catherine, while obviously fun to be with, has a distinct understanding of the position of a Royal lady and how to convey this image gracefully in public and I doubt her husband will ever shame her by appearing wild and unreliable himself. A true officer, gentleman and nobleman.

I wquld be inclined to agree with you. It certainly appears a fair amont of thought has gone into their future lives together, as well as the responsibilities their roles will bring. All of this forebodes well.

Does anyone think the bridesmaids will wear a color, or will it be white (cream, ivory, etc.) with just touches of color?
I am hoping for shades of blue!

I wquld be inclined to agree with you. It certainly appears a fair amont of thought has gone into their future lives together, as well as the responsibilities their roles will bring. All of this forebodes well.

I'm sure they will both still let their hair down so to speak & have fun with trusted friends etc but be a lot more discreet & private about it than in previous years. And I think that's right & fair for them to be able to do so. Everyone in my opinion, even Royalty, should be allowed to enjoy themselves & have a drink (if they wish) now & then without it being blown out of proportion, but obviously they also have to keep in mind, much more now, their image & how it reflects upon the Monarchy & the country as a whole. So I'm sure they will still get together with their friends & maybe have the odd party & have fun like everyone else does but I doubt they'll be going to the big popular clubs in London as much anymore, I think they'll be keeping all of that side of their lives behind closed doors a bit more & just generally when in public places be seen to be calmer, not so "wild" etc. Just the impression I get from them & their behaviour since the engagement.

Some of those are positively comical! I do like the designs of Nick Vereos and Shirin Askari though. Both very regal IMO
I'm crossing my fingers for something lacy rather than plain silk

One month today! :D
or perhaps something like this: Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com
(does he really think that's a beautiful and/or appropriate outfit for anything? yuk!)

so this is what a costume for "Carrie, The Opera" would look like, interesting.... Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I'm still trying to figure it out where would her arms be Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

At-least-I'm-wearing-a-tiara look
Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I guess he wants her to choose McQueen as well Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com
I can't pass the purple eye shadow
Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

omg . come on? really? really? The Greeks would not approve! Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

she brings the extra o's in boooooring Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

. I can't .. even.. I assume he was the first one to listen Auf Wiedersehen from that season! Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I would only choose this one to see QEII reaction Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

let's appreciated the collage, at least Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

but apart from all of that, I did like designs by Carmen Webber , Ramon-Lawrence , Ivy Higa

My favorite would be this one Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com. Not too minimalist and one of the fews with sleeves

Last edited:
I'm not getting married until next year but I'm an avid wedding blog reader :)

Look what I found this morning on one of my faves: Royal Wedding Inspiration from MIMMO and NAZ Photography | Style Me Pretty : The Ultimate Wedding Blog

Personally I think the colours are too dark for an April weddding but overall I like it! Not for this wedding though.. I can see W&K sticking to a very neutral pallete- creams, ivories, maybe a touch of colour here and there but mainly very traditional and not too fussy

ETA- I adore the cake!

I'm sure they will both still let their hair down so to speak & have fun with trusted friends etc but be a lot more discreet & private about it than in previous years. And I think that's right & fair for them to be able to do so. Everyone in my opinion, even Royalty, should be allowed to enjoy themselves & have a drink (if they wish) now & then without it being blown out of proportion, but obviously they also have to keep in mind, much more now, their image & how it reflects upon the Monarchy & the country as a whole. So I'm sure they will still get together with their friends & maybe have the odd party & have fun like everyone else does but I doubt they'll be going to the big popular clubs in London as much anymore, I think they'll be keeping all of that side of their lives behind closed doors a bit more & just generally when in public places be seen to be calmer, not so "wild" etc. Just the impression I get from them & their behaviour since the engagement.

With the single days behind them and perhaps settling down and starting a family, I would imagine they'd be more likely to have "house parties" with close friends and keep them totally private. With William in SAR for the next couple years, I can picture them having a few friends from the base over to have a bbq and play cards or whatnot. These two I think are determined to keep their private life to themselves and have the media focus on their public roles which is as it should be.

Has anyone from the board been invited or anyone know of anyone who is directly invited?

Would you tell anyone you'd been invited? I wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaya said:
Has anyone from the board been invited or anyone know of anyone who is directly invited?
Prince Charles is keeping his reception a secret..... hope to see some major jewels out that night.

I rather doubt if one had that they would announce it? Maybe. I don't think so though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

The State Dining Room is screencap 1 and the Ballroom, screencap 2.
Thank you Madame Royale as I said I know nothing about BP :lol: but ya definitely everything looks beautiful from what we've seen. The abbey, reception and I'm sure they both will look exceptionally beautiful on the day. EEk! A month to go!

An Observation

It has been about 4 1/2 busy and exciting months since the engagement of William and Catherine was announced.

One would have to be a truly hard-boiled republican not to be extremely impressed by their obvious care and attention to detail in setting forth a pathway toward their future. We have seen this in the way they have managed their joint appearances and right down to the smallest details of the wedding choices of which we have read. They have managed to keep the attention on themselves in a positive manner (to such an extent that the embarrassing light cast on the Duke of York's activities has thankfully receded to the back pages). William's triumph in New Zealand and Australia showed his maturity and professionalism, yet he radiated a youthful and fresh vigor. Catherine's deportment has been elegant, polished, and altogether correct, yet at the same time accessible. And I think they exude a lovely chemistry together.

For people like most of us forumees who understand the value of royalty, this is cause for a real celebration! They seem professional and thoroughly modern, yet respectful of the traditions they will one day embody.

Aren't we all fortunate!

So NBC back here in the States WILL BE covering the wedding starting at 3AM CST (Chicago). They will also have an Inside the Royal Wedding documentary to air that week. MSNBC will cover the wedding. ABC and CBS will too, but not as extensive as NBC. I am sure as with Diana and Sarah's weddings, and since all three networks have their morning shows on anyway, they will have coverage. Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight will also have coverage.

For those with cable, satellite, etc., BBC America will exclusively cover, uniterrupted, the feed from BBC...so the entire time will be all royal wedding, all day!!!!!!!!

The stamps are great, although we have seen the pictures before!

Last edited:
How Will We Celebrate the Wedding?

First thanks to Lady Marmalade for the info! I was wondering where I would be able to watch. I'll have to get up at 2 a.m., since I am in US Mountain Time.

I watched the Diana/Charles wedding with a group of friends when I lived in LA. We had a great sleepover at my house. It was so much fun!

But now that I live in Jackson Hole, a mountain/ski resort, I have so far located only one fellow royalist, so I may have to have my own party! I enjoyed hearing that the Prime Minister and his wife are having their own street party...!

It would be fun if other forum members would tell us all how, or if, you plan to watch and/or celebrate the wedding. At least I would enjoy hearing from everybody!

I really liked the low key stag/hen parties. I've never understood the other kind in the first place. One's relationship to one's friends usually changes after marriage (especially if you have royal duties to perform), so it should be a time to simply enjoy friends one last time before the duties kick in.

I can't tell whether Prince William had a stripper or not, but even if he did, it's great that it wasn't in some drunken public setting where it would be all over the news. One of the biggest challenges of his life is going to be providing his family with a modicum of privacy.

A bit of mystery around a royal family is always a good thing, and this young couple seems to know that. Also, if I were Kate, I'd be upset if the drunken stripper public stag party were publicized just before the wedding, it seems so demeaning to the bride.

I've seen footage of hen parties at bars, too (my little sister did something like that - I guess I'm just too much older than she to really get into it, although it was certainly memorable).

Quiet hen party sounds just right to me.

ghost_night554, a LOT indeed, but I can't even imagine a only "room" able to accommodate 600 people.

I know we have seen so many different dresses sketches, but take a look at these designs by former participants of Project Runaway. some had me seriously LMAO.

I think Daniel Franco's would look great with some cap sleeves. I like that he chose white daffodils as her bouquet, as they are the national symbol of Wales, and with her marriage she will be a princess of Wales. I'd like to think that in her actual bouquet, we might see a nod like that.

I also liked Leanne Marshall's design as well. Very dramatic.

Does anyone think the bridesmaids will wear a color, or will it be white (cream, ivory, etc.) with just touches of color?
I am hoping for shades of blue!

I'm with you there on having some shades of blue! Maybe if the younger bridesmaids had cream silk dresses with delphinium blue sashes and the maid of honor had a bue dress it would be wonderful.

I wonder what her "going away" dress will be like! There's a different thought! :lol:

Crown Princess Mary's bridesmaids and attendants wore bright pink, and I thought combined with the bright-colored flowers in the church, it was very striking.

Al_bina, tnk for the post I was just going to do that. my favorite part
So who was there? The Telegraph has a list of possibilities:

"a list of possibilities" ! why even bother, aren't they reporters? sorry, unnecessary rant.

Crown Princess Mary's bridesmaids and attendants wore bright pink, and I thought combined with the bright-colored flowers in the church, it was very striking.

I liked the colors, but their dresses were more "gowny". I would love a splash of color for this wedding but for some reason can't picture it.

The palace has also confirmed the rooms that will be used for the Queen's reception: The white drawing room, music room, blue drawing room, state dining room and the picture gallery, where the wedding cake will be displayed.

Prince William, Kate Middleton Wedding - What the Guests Will Eat : People.com

now, I'd love to see some of the pictures of the actual day, even if wider shoots. I imagine the palace'll looks even more regal

Last edited:
Some of those are positively comical! I do like the designs of Nick Vereos and Shirin Askari though. Both very regal IMO
I'm crossing my fingers for something lacy rather than plain silk

One month today! :D

Those were the only 2 I liked as well! They are very nice designs

where can i see who was invited and who will attend? Can someone please tell me who from Monaco and Jordan have been invited? And what about countries such a Pakistan and India?

where can i see who was invited and who will attend? Can someone please tell me who from Monaco and Jordan have been invited? And what about countries such a Pakistan and India?

We do not know who has been invited. Confirmed guest replies are posted in the closed pre-wedding thread. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom