Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madam Royale: all this talk about which contender would be supported - i think, the royals live enough in the world to not waste a thought on anything like that anylonger *gg* .. I'm sure there are more pressing thoughts in their minds as well

A member asked a question, and I answered to the best of my knowledge. I don't see anything wrong with that!

And I never said it was a matter which other royals would feel compelled to think about really, but whether or not they have a formed opinion as to who they consider to be the rightful claimant.

Last edited:
Madam Royale: all this talk about which contender would be supported - i think, the royals live enough in the world to not waste a thought on anything like that anylonger *gg* .. I'm sure there are more pressing thoughts in their minds as well ;)

It would be a question of protocal. If this was a state function, heads of state would be invited. The poster above mentioned wanting to see the Prince of Prussia and Maria there. I asked, since many in Russia would name Nicholas as the proper pretender to the throne, what would be protocal in the BRF who to invite as head of the Russian family. So thank you Madam Royal for answering my question as best as you could.

I'm not sure as to who the Danes would support on the issue. Maybe it's the Nikolaevichi branch and maybe it's the Vladimirovichi branch. Perhaps someone else may know?

Wasn't it Maria who attended the reburial of Dagmar of Denmark, former Empress, in Russia?

Wasn't it Maria who attended the reburial of Dagmar of Denmark, former Empress, in Russia?

Correct. The Grand Duchess greeted the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark upon arrival at the cathedral and they stood beside her at the front of the congregation during the ceremony.

The Russian Orthodox Churchs' hierarchy has all but made their position quite clear over the years, and it's somewhat widely known that Maria has their favour.

Members of the Nikolaevichi branch were present in Copenhagen during the Danish service and farewell. I do believe some members also attended the service in St Petersburg, but seemed to have played second fiddle to Maria.

And for unintentionally taking the topic down an entirely unrelated path, I shall best leave it there ;)

Last edited:
Here is the perfect wedding dress for Kate:

Wedding Dress, Wedding Gowns, Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses, Bridal Dresses - vegas-front-b.jpg

Just Kidding! But if she wanted to wear something like this do you think someone would stop here? Like, does she have someone telling her what she cannot choose?

I imagine she respects her fiancé's opinion, and also, wants to fit into the patterns accepted as Royal.

Hilarious choice of dress, though, HRHofNothing. It is somewhere out on one of the far edges of Sarah Burton design-alikes, just dreadfully poorly put together as well as crass. If it were sewn well and made of top quality fabrics and so forth, it would still be crass, but very memorable to wear down the aisle at Westminster.

(Memorable, but not in the good sense).

Okay never thought I'd look to the Trumps but this dress is absolutely beautiful, and something like this would look amazing. It said it was inspired by Grace Kelly's and I guess in a way.

Legendary Wedding Gowns - The Lavish Ivanka Trump Wedding Dress is Inspired by Grace Kelly (GALLERY)

or some other beautiful styles

http://www.bridaldesign.co.nz/view-gown/ethereal-wedding-dress/41

http://wedding-pictures.onewed.com/...edding-dresses-ivory-lace-couture-details.jpg (one on the right I like)

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/12/48/4/166/1668379/baf880d8a29fb197_Picture_23.preview.jpg

Last edited:
I imagine she respects her fiancé's opinion, and also, wants to fit into the patterns accepted as Royal.

Hilarious choice of dress, though, HRHofNothing. It is somewhere out on one of the far edges of Sarah Burton design-alikes, just dreadfully poorly put together as well as crass. If it were sewn well and made of top quality fabrics and so forth, it would still be crass, but very memorable to wear down the aisle at Westminster.

(Memorable, but not in the good sense).

I assume there is some guidelines set out for her, what is appropriate for a future member of royalty. Royalty is all about image, and though she has been in the public spotlight for years, her wedding day is her first introduction to the British people as their new princess, future princess of wales and queen.

Yes, I assume there are guidelines, as well - but to what degree they are formalized (written down, etc.) or communicated in the usual way we communicate with our friends and family, I do not know.

I know few people who shop for a wedding dress all by themselves; even if they are miles apart they send photos back and forth to family, etc.

I am envisioning something quite regal for Kate, and she must surely have her own idea of what that means.

You are right, it is awful. For anyone. The few previous to that all look like nightgowns. I am sure it will be better than those.

this dress looks like something out of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". argh!
The person who get's do design this wedding dress is ina particular position. It will create a huge amount of publicity, but If not done properly a very bad one.

I'm picturing that the dress will have a A shape, with lace around her arms. Not very cup-caky too avoid comparison with Dianna's. I'm a sucker for Elie Saab design's, they are truly special.
This one with longer sleeves would be beautiful option
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhtugnNdUl1qzmr9oo1_500.jpg

I just hope it won't be too minimalistic, Oh God please.

I loved Ivanka Trump's dress. Although,tbh, I don't think I've ever seen the front. Lol

The person who get's do design this wedding dress is ina particular position. It will create a huge amount of publicity, but If not done properly a very bad one.

I'm picturing that the dress will have a A shape, with lace around her arms. Not very cup-caky too avoid comparison with Dianna's. I'm a sucker for Elie Saab design's, they are truly special.

That dress is very pretty! I can see her in something like this. And I agree...I hope she doesn't pick this day to be daring with something minimalist or over the top.

Depends,if she has a tiara and beautiful jewels on, I'd prefer it being more minimal. The last thing she needs is a whole lot of bling on the dress and then the jewels.

I like the dress you posted though, beautiful, even with that length sleeve.

Ivanka's dress is beautiful, but it's hard to imagine something like that coming from the Alexander McQueen house (and there seem to be more and more clues that's who is doing The Dress).

Ivanka's dress is beautiful, but it's hard to imagine something like that coming from the Alexander McQueen house (and there seem to be more and more clues that's who is doing The Dress).

Personally I think that the rumours are coming from McQueen. Great publicity for them even when it is proven not to be true. Lets face it, they are a fashion house struggling for survival after the death of their founder, they have a new designer who has to prove she can be as "cutting edge" as he was and that they can retain the client base.

I still think that HM "In House" design team is doing the dress. This would be why there have been no sightings of a designer or their staff visiting either Buckingham Palace or St James. Also, there have been no sightings of Catherine visiting the premises of a designer or of anyone going to either her parent's home or to Anglesey for fittings.

And two weeks ago all fingers pointed at Bruce Oldfield. The fact is that people jump at what ever little hint comes out. I can see Oldfield doing it before McQueen, Sarah Burton just doesn't have the same name and pull. She may be designing under a major label, but since the death of Alexander McQueen his label has not been the same. Perhaps if he was alive I'd be more inclinded to believe it. In the end it might be here, it might be Oldfield, and it might be someone completely unexpected. I get a feeling they may be intentionally dropping little hints here and there to throw people off the real designer.

McQueen is much bigger than Oldfield. Sarah Burton has already proven herself to all the critics since Alexander passed away, and people are wearing her gowns. They are more wearable than Alexander's designs. See recent ones by Michelle Obama and Mila Kunis. She would design a gorgeous dress for Kate. If anyone started the McQueen rumors it was their CEO. But they were convincing enough to be published by the Times, which is sticking by its story.

I doubt we will know until the wedding day. If Kate is seen with a designer now it is so easy to brush off her appearance as being for her evening dress or bridesmaids dresses. If the palace designers are doing her dress I will cry. That is just completely sad and a little pathetic. I'm too tired to explain those feelings right now. Lol

McQueen is much bigger than Oldfield. Sarah Burton has already proven herself to all the critics since Alexander passed away, and people are wearing her gowns. They are more wearable than Alexander's designs. See recent ones by Michelle Obama and Mila Kunis. She would design a gorgeous dress for Kate. If anyone started the McQueen rumors it was their CEO. But they were convincing enough to be published by the Times, which is sticking by its story.

I doubt we will know until the wedding day. If Kate is seen with a designer now it is so easy to brush off her appearance as being for her evening dress or bridesmaids dresses. If the palace designers are doing her dress I will cry. That is just completely sad and a little pathetic. I'm too tired to explain those feelings right now. Lol

McQueen as a label is much bigger than Oldfield yes, Sarah Burton as a designer is not. Sarah Burton is riding off the coat tails of an incredible designer in Alexander. Yes her gowns have been worn by people like Michelle Obama, who actually normally is said to be a great dresser but was criticized for that dress, but she is still making a name for herself. Bruce Oldfield is an incredible wedding dress designer, and again until a few weeks ago, all the papers were reporting him.

Oldfield has a royal pedigree as a designer. He not only designed for Princess Diana (which actually may be a hinderance since they may want to draw away from comparisons) but Queen Noor and Queen Rania of Jordan (Rania's wedding dress). He has also designed for Sienna Miller, Barbra Stresiand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Diana Ross, Emmanuelle Seignar, Rihanna, Taylor swift, elizabeth McGowen, Kelly brook, Angelica Houston, Joan Collins and so on and son on.....

The point is the royal family has said under no circumstances is the designer to be named. The designer and their company would have signed a privacy agreement. If the designer was Burton, she could be in trouble for breaking a confidentiality agreement.

I doubt it will be a royal palace house designer. It will be some big designer. Oldfield and Burton are probably both out, decoys thrown out there, to keep attention from the real designer.

So we will have to wait and see on the wedding day.

If the palace designers are doing her dress I will cry. That is just completely sad and a little pathetic. I'm too tired to explain those feelings right now. Lol

Why? From the way this team have turned the way HM dresses up so many notches (Even in Italy her clothes were considered Chic) they are a very talented bunch. Given the fact that the British economy is in such dire straits, thanks to the former labour government, it would be a way to show that consideration is being given to the difficult times. It wouldn't surprise me to see a dress designed by the in house team and created from fabric that was given to HM as a gift. We have already seen The Queen wear an evening gown created from fabric that was given to her many years ago. The dress in question was deemed to be a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom