Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate doesn't strike me as snobby at all. She seems to have no airs. She appears to be warm and approachable and enjoys meeting people.

Jaya said:
Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least

To you it might be, but certainly not to me. First and foremost this is a wedding, Kates and Williams. The public are getting enough information without knowing the designer IMO. They shouldn't spoil all the fun before the big day. Snobbery doesn't even come near to the decision making behind this.

Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least;this is the let them eat cake mentality; or the false snobbery mentality; it truly is becoming a disambiguation . If they said their cake was going to be vanilla and fifteen tiers or just said anything at all it would be more acceptable than this total and utter censorship. By now the menu of the wedding breakfast should have been published and the trouseeau maker divulged. But we do know the bartender is going of Kate's town is attending and we do know other things which appear to paint Kate a gal of the British soil...hope it does not backfire.. I am getting the impression that Kate is a bit of a snob without being a highbrow.because she has not been in the position long enough to know-she assumes she does and I hope for her sake that iit all works out.
What planet are you from? What an incredibly snobby attitude!

If you had read a little of William's mother's wedding history you would know that the designer's lives were almost wrecked by the paparazzi and their insane attempts to obtain photo's or patterns of her dress and replica's of Diana's gown were on public display and even published BEFORE she left the Cathedral!

We'd really love to see Catherine wearing a gown that everywoman and her dog had already been seen in because they just had to have the same as Catherine! It is HER wedding and that's one secret she get's to keep to herself.

Why should she be made to make it all public? Why does her groom get to be the only man who gets to see front page photo's of his fiance's wedding dress before the wedding. Not to mention photo's of every exact item she has brought for her Trousseau down to, and not excluding her underwear!

As to what is to be served at the wedding reception? I suggest you petition Her Majesty the Queen for permission to crawl around the palace ferreting out every last detail you deign to be of "PUBLIC" interest as she is the person hosting the occasion. Menu's etc. of State Banquets are usually only available after the banquet is over.

Snobbery and exclusion of the masses? I think not. Privacy as applies to a young woman's personal dream wedding? You bet! And I hope she has a blast.

About the designer not being announced yet, wasn't it the same with the last royal weddings ? In Sweden, Denmark, Spain, etc, the gown's designer was only revealed on the wedding day....It's just the same for this one!

With regard to post 3327, I think this opinion is at the very least a disproportionate one. Who are we to feel we have the right to decide upon the level of information given? No bride wants to tell everyone where she got her dress from or what her cake will be like? Most brides like there to be an element of surprise so why should Kate be any different. I am sure that most people here are excited about the royal wedding and cannot wait for it to happen. Our excitement must not turn into frustration, negativity and reverse snobbery! We have to patient about the details because not everything will have been decided upon yet - it was only the other day that the music was rehearsed and final decisions made about their choices.
Quite frankly, the whole event would be ruined if we knew all the details. Most of us I am sure would be fed up with it all with nothing to look forward to if every details was published.

With regard to post 3327, I think this opinion is at the very least a disproportionate one. Who are we to feel we have the right to decide upon the level of information given? No bride wants to tell everyone where she got her dress from or what her cake will be like? Most brides like there to be an element of surprise so why should Kate be any different. I am sure that most people here are excited about the royal wedding and cannot wait for it to happen. Our excitement must not turn into frustration, negativity and reverse snobbery! We have to patient about the details because not everything will have been decided upon yet - it was only the other day that the music was rehearsed and final decisions made about their choices.
Quite frankly, the whole event would be ruined if we knew all the details. Most of us I am sure would be fed up with it all with nothing to look forward to if every details was published.

Very well put!

For me everyday brings a nice little surprise: I find out more about Catherine and her relationship with William, I see her out and about with him, observe their interactions and all that gives me just an enormous feeling of pleasant anticipation. Sometimes a new Royal engagement comes up like the one in NI or William's visit to AUS and NZ, then we see Catherine having lunch or visting Westminster abbey - all short glimpses into her leading up to the wedding. I feel I'm allowed to enjoy a bit with them but it's absolutely clear that it's their wedding and theirs alone. I like that! And I'm looking forward to see the bride when she steps out of the car on her wedding day - I need no more information in advance other than that it will be Catherine who steps out of the car... Just kidding!

For me everyday brings a nice little surprise: I find out more about Catherine and her relationship with William, I see her out and about with him, observe their interactions and all that gives me just an enormous feeling of pleasant anticipation. Sometimes a new Royal engagement comes up like the one in NI or William's visit to AUS and NZ, then we see Catherine having lunch or visting Westminster abbey - all short glimpses into her leading up to the wedding. I feel I'm allowed to enjoy a bit with them but it's absolutely clear that it's their wedding and theirs alone. I like that! And I'm looking forward to see the bride when she steps out of the car on her wedding day - I need no more information in advance other than that it will be Catherine who steps out of the car... Just kidding!

:lol: I'm sure William would be relieved by that.

I feel the same way that everyday brings a new little surprise and it provides opportunities to learn something new about the couple, the RF, the traditions that go along with a royal wedding, etc.

I too love the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland for a tiara. It's just so beautiful, but I can't see the Queen parting with it. As imporatant as the dress is, I am so much more interested in the tiara.

I am absolutely floored and trying to understand the connection between Kate's perceived snobbery, her battle with the business machine like operation such as the British Royal institution (and apparently she is winning) as well her desire to keep wedding dress private.

I am absolutely floored and trying to understand the connection between Kate's perceived snobbery, her battle with the business machine like operation such as the British Royal institution (and apparently she is winning) as well her desire to keep wedding dress private.

Perhaps it is just a case of some posters making statements to attract a response, rather than it being a considered view

Zonk said:

Agreed. A lot of woman keep their dress private (I did, even my mother didn't know) so Catherine should get that right too. I imagine as years pass there will be many other things she will fight to keep private, some she may win others not but at least she should be allowed this one bit of info on her special day

Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least;this is the let them eat cake mentality; or the false snobbery mentality; it truly is becoming a disambiguation . If they said their cake was going to be vanilla and fifteen tiers or just said anything at all it would be more acceptable than this total and utter censorship. By now the menu of the wedding breakfast should have been published and the trouseeau maker divulged. But we do know the bartender is going of Kate's town is attending and we do know other things which appear to paint Kate a gal of the British soil...hope it does not backfire.. I am getting the impression that Kate is a bit of a snob without being a highbrow.because she has not been in the position long enough to know-she assumes she does and I hope for her sake that iit all works out.

Actually, you aren't raining on anyone's parade. Most of us have realistic expectations as to what should be released to the public before a Royal wedding day. Personally, I have no interest as to what people will be eating, what filling or frosting will be on the cake, or every detail down to the knickers Kate will be walking down the aisle or wearing on her honeymoon. If these little details are important to you prior to the big day, then you are doomed to be disappointed.

Actually, you aren't raining on anyone's parade. Most of us have realistic expectations as to what should be released to the public before a Royal wedding day. Personally, I have no interest as to what people will be eating, what filling or frosting will be on the cake, or every detail down to the knickers Kate will be walking down the aisle or wearing on her honeymoon. If these little details are important to you prior to the big day, then you are doomed to be disappointed.

[clap][clap][clap]

agree 100%.
anyways, if anyone is interested in the lifetime-movie it' s being made about the couple. People magazine has some insights on the script
On-Screen Prince William, Kate Middleton as College Sweethearts - Kate Middleton, Prince William, The British Royals : People.com
I wonder how accurate could it be. Not very, I guess, since PW & K are so "snooby"! where did they go to get the information? aside from the tabloids, of course.

[clap][clap][clap]

agree 100%.
anyways, if anyone is interested in the lifetime-movie it' s being made about the couple. People magazine has some insights on the script
On-Screen Prince William, Kate Middleton as College Sweethearts - Kate Middleton, Prince William, The British Royals : People.com
I wonder how accurate could it be. Not very, I guess, since PW & K are so "snooby"! where did they go to get the information? aside from the tabloids, of course.

I was jut thinking the samething.. like they give lines...how do they know they said this... I hate fiction based on real life ..it makes me crazy. but i will still watch ..

Last edited:
I know how much pressure I felt regarding my weight before getting married. I can't even begin to imagine the pressure Catherine must be feeling. It wouldn't surprise me if she was losing weight just from the stress.

I was jut thinking the samething.. like they give lines...how do they know they said this... I hate fiction based on real life ..it makes me crazy. but i will still watch ..

ow yeah, don't get me wrong. I 'll download it :), But it's interesting to think how the script came together. I have a strong feeling they will portrait a story that could've been written by any of us.

Also did anyone notice that Jessica Hay, that friend of Kate (allegedly), has vanish from the media. I wonder if she got cut out of the circle (if ever she was in it) and now is trying to get her way back in. She would be a 'wonderful' adviser for this film.

Last edited:
I know how much pressure I felt regarding my weight before getting married. I can't even begin to imagine the pressure Catherine must be feeling. It wouldn't surprise me if she was losing weight just from the stress.

I hope not. She's already so skinny , IMO.

I must have been a rare bride. I gained weight before my wedding, cake left over from a couple of showers. Treats left on my desk from friends..... But in the end I had a wonderful time.

mrsbugman said:
I must have been a rare bride. I gained weight before my wedding, cake left over from a couple of showers. Treats left on my desk from friends..... But in the end I had a wonderful time.

I kept losing until finally my seamtress taking in my dress asked me to stop but it was stress not me trying- 2 months after wedding I'd gained 10lbs, ate everything- best 2 months ever! ;)

It's so unlikely but I'm still really hoping for Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. It supposedly light weight and would look oh so wonderful with an updo and her wedding dress (which I'm sure will be impeccable). I heard today they're visiting Australia and then going to NZ to see the earthquake devastation. They both seem to be throwing themselves into their new roles with enthusiasm.

I would love to see her wear The Strathmore Rose Tiara, it was a gift to the Queen Mother on her wedding day..and has not been seen in ages...it is light, delacete and full of history ..photo attached...
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fTJ-jwC0Tvc/TWboumlsbEI/AAAAAAAAAf8/jGrLU_EAe-E/s1600/strathmore_rose.jpg&imgrefurl=http://aestheticusrex.blogspot.com/2010/11/tale-of-tiaras-what-will-queen-bestow.html&usg=__JLNp-3AE2JAhvzvIiydU_-MQarQ=&h=332&w=669&sz=38&hl=en&start=27&zoom=1&tbnid=u4GTUlyJbK0Z9M:&tbnh=81&tbnw=164&ei=rth3TYG7I4v2gAfV-uHWBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drose%2Btiara%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1003%26bih%3D567%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=0&oei=6td3TdWdN4Sa0QHfwMGmBw&page=3&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:27&tx=101&ty=57

Last edited:
Do we all know that Sophie made a visit to Bruce Oldfield last week?

Well when Carole and Pippa popped in, it was immediately thought it was for Kate and not for them personally so I have no idea. But Sophie seems a good "adviser" for Catherine.

Well when Carole and Pippa popped in, it was immediately thought it was for Kate and not for them personally so I have no idea. But Sophie seems a good "adviser" for Catherine.

Well, Sophie's daughter is part of the bridal party as is Pippa maybe Oldfield is doing the bridal party dresses.... just not the Bride...

Well, Sophie's daughter is part of the bridal party as is Pippa maybe Oldfield is doing the bridal party dresses.... just not the Bride...

That could be a good explanation. Does it happen more often that the bridesmaid's dresses are made by a different designer than the one for The Dress?

Or he's doing all the dresses perhaps? All we need now is to see Eliza and Grace's mum to pop in and say Hi to Bruce. ;)

That could be a good explanation. Does it happen more often that the bridesmaid's dresses are made by a different designer than the one for The Dress?

It happens very often... now days... look at Autumn I think she had a British designer and the bridesmaids wore Vera Wang....it would be a way to put the press off as well...anyway, it was what popped in my head.

Last edited:
Lady Ann said:

That would also explain how he knew some details (like Kate wearing 2 dresses) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom