Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new photos of Kate are great but I like that they put the one of the two of them in there as well... some back history(new) on the couple is nice on a wedding site.

I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...

I saw that advertisement as well Mrs. J!

And I liked the dress, and the flowers...

Hopefully we shall see something similar.

Is it to be found online somewhere? I can't find the Sunday Parade...

Hehe, this may look funny since I'm also quoting myself, but I think I have found a link towards the mentioned bridal doll:

Kate Middleton Doll | Princess Kate Bride Doll - The Danbury Mint.

I do hope it's true that Catherine must have her arms covered, at least a little. I just don't like any bride dresses that are totally sleeveless. IMHO Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked perfect as did Grace Kelly. Very different gowns, many years apart, but the impact from both was spectacular.

Who has said she 'must' have her arms covered?

I do hope it's true that Catherine must have her arms covered, at least a little. I just don't like any bride dresses that are totally sleeveless. IMHO Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked perfect as did Grace Kelly. Very different gowns, many years apart, but the impact from both was spectacular.

IMO, Crown Princess Victoria's gown was too simple. I suppose perfect for her, but for me it was lacking. I do like Grace Kelly's gown very much.

I believe Bruce Oldfield has stated that Westminster Abbey requires covered arms or at least not a strapless dress. Hmmm, that doesn't exactly sound the same :ermm:.

I would like to also see Kate cover up as it were. I do not think strapless gowns are for weddings and the bride especially; they are for torch singers.

IMO, Crown Princess Victoria's gown was too simple. I suppose perfect for her, but for me it was lacking. I do like Grace Kelly's gown very much.

I thought Victoria's dress extremely plain, but I have to admit it did suit her.

Grace's dress was absolutely beautiful; photographs simply do not do it justice!
When you see it in person, the detail in it is exquisite!

(It's sometimes put on display at the Philadelphia Art Museum, along with a bridesmaid's and flower girl's dress. Grace's mother donated the clothing to the museum, but it is rarely displayed to avoid damage).

I think that Kate will wear a minimum of elbow-length sleeves. Great comment BTW!:flowers:

I do not think strapless gowns are for weddings and the bride especially; they are for torch singers.

I thought Victoria's dress extremely plain, but I have to admit it did suit her.

Grace's dress was absolutely beautiful; photographs simply do not do it justice!
When you see it in person, the detail in it is exquisite!

(It's sometimes put on display at the Philadelphia Art Museum, along with a bridesmaid's and flower girl's dress. Grace's mother donated the clothing to the museum, but it is rarely displayed to avoid damage).

You state my opinion better than I did myself! :lol:
I remember feeling disappointment when I saw her emerge out of the car with those short sleeves.
It's what you say, extremely plain but I also think it did suit her. It was just not my cup of tea.

rossop7 said:
Just read this artilce on Lainey's website (it's a celeb gossip site but she's quite excited about the wedding & posts about stuff related to it now & then). Anyway she posted an article about the dress rumours, the photos & biography released today for Kate but also posted pics of Kate out to lunch or dinner with friends from last week apparently...they are pap pics though so I never really like them so much since it's vaguely creepy sometimes & they sometimes go overboard getting pics of celebs etc.
Anyway, the link to her article if people wanted a look Kate Middleton rumoured to have chosen McQueen for wedding dress and new family photos 07mar11

Neat- I've never seen these pics before!

I think - I don't know for sure, I just think - that it's a similar deal to like when/if you visit the Vatican or have an audience with the Pope or enter a mosque or other religious buildings, there's a sort of dresscode to show respect, particularly for women it seems. Like you have to be modestly dressed, covered arms/shoulders, sometimes covered heads etc. I also think that in specific to a Royal wedding (& British especially) that it's basically just part of the the tradition & protocol, like every royal bride has worn sleeves/had covered arms. I can't see Kate going against that for her wedding myself.

Personally, and I'm not a big lover or knower of wedding dresses or designs etc, but I really liked Grace Kelly's dress with the almost seemingly separate part of lace to cover the shoulders/arms etc. It was all one dress of course but just looked lovely with the lace effect on the upper body & then into the rest of the dress below.

Personally, and I'm not a big lover or knower of wedding dresses or designs etc, but I really liked Grace Kelly's dress with the almost seemingly separate part of lace to cover the shoulders/arms etc. It was all one dress of course but just looked lovely with the lace effect on the upper body & then into the rest of the dress below.

I really liked Princess Grace's wedding gown as well; but it was designed by a Hollywood costume designer, from what I've read. I don't think Kate will be using one of those! ;)

Could we please make an agreement where to post the confirmed wedding guests!? Today f.i. it was confirmed that Harald and Sonja/Norway will attend.
Is there a thread about the confirmed guests? Or should we open one?

:previous: I haven't heard an official confirmation just something from Royal Musings. Marliene is very reliable but we need something from the Court.

Its worth mentioning that the BRF has mentioned that they will not be confirming the wedding guests as of yet.

Any member of the moderation team will post any official news in the official thread, which can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...lliam-and-miss-catherine-middleton-29332.html .

Originally Posted by Mirabel

Because Princess Victoria's wedding was a full-blown tiara affair, i always felt that she deliberately chose her dress to stand out from the frills and furbelows all around her; you could tell that her dress was a wedding dress. I liked it once i thought about it.

Kate will not have the same 'pressure' to stand out from the crowd, as all the ladies will not be wearing tiaras and frou-frou.

but all the same, i think she will have chosen something fitting, and classic; nothing meringue-like; and with sleeves. And (i wish) a brand new modern tiara given to her by her husband-to-be (who cannily saved money on her engagement ring!)

Stefanie said:
Could we please make an agreement where to post the confirmed wedding guests!? Today f.i. it was confirmed that Harald and Sonja/Norway will attend.
Is there a thread about the confirmed guests? Or should we open one?

Does this mean no MM and Haakon?

I believe Bruce Oldfield has stated that Westminster Abbey requires covered arms or at least not a strapless dress. Hmmm, that doesn't exactly sound the same :ermm:.

He stated he believed for the grandeur of such an event, as the abbey, one would have to wear sleeves. Westminster does not have a dress code, though it does ask people who attend services, dress in a modest way if possible. But considering it seems royal tradition, and in April it won't be very warm, I'd expect sleeves of some form.

I would love to see a more up and coming british designer

somone like Suzanne Neville

http://www.confettimag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Suzanne-neville-classical-web.jpg

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/...nne-Neville-Wedding-Dress-Opener-94815628.jpg

stephanie allin

http://www.thestamfordbridalrooms.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/stephanie-allin/siena.jpg
http://www.highsocietyoccasion.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lana_back.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vOCxj5aNB...OgesHTa0/s400/Myrtle_Ivory_Bridal_Couture.jpg

amanda wakeley

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TGlZcQ8Uw_0/SEAPBxz_nKI/AAAAAAAABDI/yUbMDqu1aqs/s400/Picture%2B4.jpg

I think the dress needs to be elegant and beautiful, but not some cupcake like Diana. I think with the jewels and tiars she will have on, the dress itself doesn't need too much bling.

Last edited:
MarleneKoenig said:
Considering the source was the palace's press office, I would assume my article was correct!

Ok- yes! Let's call this official, Mods?

Has Amalienborg responded with official confirmation as to who is attending?

Confirmation?
Google Translate

We can confirm that the royal couple have received the invitation, and that they will be present at the wedding 29 April, "said communications manager Marianne Hagen at the Palace of the NTB. King and Queen will be the only one from the Norwegian royal family are invited.

A little less certain...
http://translate.google.com/transla...onja-gjester-i-prins-william-og-kates-bryllup

Harald and Sonja will represent the Norwegian royal family at all three events at the 29th wedding anniversary April

Last edited:
So this morning Prince Charles Prince William and Kate all headed over to the Abbey and Prince Charles assisted them in deciding on the musical selection that will be played at the wedding

Source: Royal Reporter Twitter

Yay! Well done, wasn't sure if there was a report up yet cause Richard said it would be up for today's "later editions"

The London Evening Standard had an article yesterday entitled "Hyde Park's giant screens will attract 200,000".....

"Hyde Park will be the centre of royal wedding celebrations for hundreds of thousands of spectators..."
"Crowds of about 200,000 are expected to watch Prince William marry Kate Middleton on giant TV screens in the middle of the park. Fairground attractions and a giant observation wheel - similar to the London Eye - will add to the festival atmosphere on April 29..."
"A map of the wedding procession route will go live on the Royal Parks Agency's website this week"

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going back to what Kate will be wearing. I'm voting for a dress with sleeves and also for The Queen Mary Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara. I think that William will want to work his mother in somehow and that is the easiest way, either that or the Spencer Tiara, to work in Diana's family, but I think more than likely the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.

either that or the Spencer Tiara

When the oceans freeze and the sun shrivels up, that's when Catherine will wear the Spencer tiara :D

I'm not sure why people are so hung up on this piece of jewellery when it does not belong to the Windsor dynasty and being that Catherine is marrying into the House of Windsor, there is no reason why she would wear a tiara belong to her husband's maternal uncle. Diana wore it because she was a Spencer. Catherine won't wear it because she is not, and never will be.

Wonder if Earl Spencer and his fiancee will be invited, after all he is William's uncle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom