Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as the POW PR machine might like to spin it...Camilla is NOT the mother of William and Harry.

Of course Camilla isn't the mother of William and Harry but she is the wife of their father, will be the only 'mother-in-law' Catherine knows and the closest thing to a paternal 'grandmother' William and Kate's children will know.

Of course the original post could have said the parents - Charles and stepmother Camilla - leaving out one word when we all here know the situation isn't POW spin or anything else - it is simply an expression to show the relationship - Camilla is the wife of Charles and thus in any meeting of the living parent Camilla will also be there.

Last edited:
Much as the POW PR machine might like to spin it...Camilla is NOT the mother of William and Harry.

No....but their mother is gone. They seem to have a pretty good relationship with Camilla although only they can say how close it is. William obviously has a close relationship with Kate's mother, which I think fulfills some of the maternal influence he has missed since his mother died.

I'm sure Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pleased for Sarah to be included and William might have considered their feelings as well.

But where would she sit? Next to the Queen? Prince Phillip? Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie will all be right up front.

Last edited:
Meeting your future son-in-law's grandmother, even if she is the Queen, isn't that important right away. It's more important to meet his parents, which would be Charles and Camilla.

Yes. And it's getting a bit much, isn't it?
You have got to be kidding. This is a standard statement and, contrary to your very real conspiracy theories, the POW does not have any power to spin the news. The Mail and other such tabloids would have had a hissy fit if that were the case.

Reality Check: We all know that Camilla is their Step-Mother. More importantly, they know she is their Step-Mother, so what on earth is the problem?

This wedding is about Prince William and Catherine Middleton. Their hopes, their dreams, and most decent people are cheering for them. To make everything about William's late Mother is sick. IMO it is the last thing she herself would have wanted. She loved her sons and I have no hesitation in saying I think she would have wanted his wedding to be the happiest day of his life, not yet another memorial to her's!

Did I say she was? She's still Charles' wife, and William's step-mother, which still makes her one of Catherine's in-laws.

But where would she sit? Next to the Queen? Prince Phillip? Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie will all be right up front.

That would be an interesting one and one that truly reveals where she fits in the big picture scheme of things.

Obviously when Beatrice and Eugenie marry she will be upfront as their mother (and Philip will just have to grin and bear it) but on this occasion - ...

I would like to see her with Andrew as his partner as I think it is always sad when he goes to places alone.

I do suspect that she might sit with Dave Clarke (as he isn't an official fiancee at this stage he probably won't be sitting with the royals either).

You have got to be kidding. This is a standard statement and, contrary to your very real conspiracy theories, the POW does not have any power to spin the news. The Mail and other such tabloids would have had a hissy fit if that were the case.

Reality Check: We all know that Camilla is their Step-Mother. More importantly, they know she is their Step-Mother, so what on earth is the problem?

This wedding is about Prince William and Catherine Middleton. Their hopes, their dreams, and most decent people are cheering for them. To make everything about William's late Mother is sick. IMO it is the last thing she herself would have wanted. She loved her sons and I have no hesitation in saying I think she would have wanted his wedding to be the happiest day of his life, not yet another memorial to her's!

Well said! :flowers:

That would be an interesting one and one that truly reveals where she fits in the big picture scheme of things.

Obviously when Beatrice and Eugenie marry she will be upfront as their mother (and Philip will just have to grin and bear it) but on this occasion - ...

I would like to see her with Andrew as his partner as I think it is always sad when he goes to places alone.

I do suspect that she might sit with Dave Clarke (as he isn't an official fiancee at this stage he probably won't be sitting with the royals either).

I did think William would probably invite Sarah, so if the report is true, it doesn't surprise me.

I can't imagine Sarah sitting with the royals, though. I think she will probably sit with friends...Dave Clark is a good suggestion, if he is invited.

It is interesting--there hasn't been a royal wedding at Westminster Abbey since Andrew and Sarah's. If Andrew and Sarah are both at William's wedding this April, it will be the first time that either of them has been there for a wedding since their own...coincidentally, 25 years before.

Last edited:
Looks like the wedding invites were sent out recently, the Yugoslavian royal couple have said they will attend.

I think if she is invited and attends she would not seat with the Royals and also not arrive with her daughters. She also attended the funeral of the Queen Mother and wasn't seating with the Royal Family nor did she arrive with her daughters.

Reality Check: We all know that Camilla is their Step-Mother.

I do wish this were more commonly recognized; the press releases from Clarence appear very ambiguously worded at times. The whitewash that started in April 2005 has really been fascinating.

That's excellent news, Lady Ann, and thanks for posting it. It's good to see that HM's advisors are taking the entirety of the situation into consideration.

Last edited:
I do wish this were more commonly recognized;

Am I missing a point here, or are you actually suggesting that on occaassion it has been suggested that Camilla is anything other than the step mother of the princes?

the press releases from Clarence appear very ambiguously worded at times. The whitewash that started in April 2005 has really been fascinating.

What press releases are you referring to?

Of what I read about social position and precedence it's up to the queen.

On weddings with the queen as a guest the precedence decides where people have to be seated. Remember the Van Cutsem/Grosvenor-wedding? According to protocoll Camilla as then Mrs. Parker Bowles could not be seated next to Charles in the presence of the queen, thus he refused his invitation and decided to make Camilla officially his wife and thus to share his precedence with her.

At the moment Sarah has not a high position but of course the queen can decide to raise her presendence for that occasion to that of her former husband and her daughters, as she, like Diana, is a mother of Royals. Then she will sit with them at church. Otherwise she will sit at the place considered suitable for the guest of Prince Andrew. And if she gets her own invitation which as we heard are sent our by the queen's office, she will be seated where it is considered to be suitable for her .

Lumutqueen how did you manage to have the information that the yougoslavian couple will come? great news. If you read or hear something, please share !!!

I have the answer to my previous post on this forum (pre wedding news). Thanks

Did everybody notice that the invites are made in the name of the Queen and not the Prince of Wales (see prewedding post, and the announce made by the crown prince of yougoslavia). It means a lot of royals are going to be invite and a lot of heads of state. Don't you think?

Did everybody notice that the invites are made in the name of the Queen and not the Prince of Wales (see prewedding post, and the announce made by the crown prince of yougoslavia). It means a lot of royals are going to be invite and a lot of heads of state. Don't you think?

The Queen is the highest ranking royal, so the invites will come from her even if she's the grooms grandmother. It was the same for the invite I saw for Peters wedding if I recall.
Kings, Queens and Crown Princely families of various europeans houses whether they except is a different matter.

if this is true, then good for them. Unfortunately, with all the rubbish about this wedding / relationship being printed, you never know what is true and what is not!

Agreed, guess we will find out soon enough!!:flowers:

Have the invitations been sent yet?
I keep reading that this person or that person will/will not attend.
I thought they hadn't yet gone out?

The invitations better be out or at least soon!
It's already almost February! What are they waiting for?

Who says they are waiting for anything? I think they are just "working off a list" concerning all the arrangements to be made. They really won't be too late sending out the invitations.

I take it that you are just very curious to see who will be attending :D
So am I, but we will know it in time.

Have the invitations been sent yet?
I keep reading that this person or that person will/will not attend.
I thought they hadn't yet gone out?

The Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katharine of Yugoslavia have accepted their invitation from Her Majesty. Therefore, that's proof the invites have been sent out. :)

Skippy said:
Who says they are waiting for anything? I think they are just "working off a list" concerning all the arrangements to be made. They really won't be too late sending out the invitations.

I take it that you are just very curious to see who will be attending :D
So am I, but we will know it in time.

Yes I'm definitely curious...can't wait to see who'll attend! While they're at it they can send an invitation my way!

So does this mean...

The Queen won't meet Kate Middleton's parents until the day of the royal wedding | Herald Sun

Tabloid stories (assumed to be fact over the years because they were so widespread) being knocked down one at a time. Fun stuff. :flowers:

ETA: I love it when they change the headline to attract attention (lesson: controversy sells)..... :ermm:

Queen snubs Kate Middleton's parents before royal wedding | Herald Sun

...That Mrs. Middleton didn't actually say, "Pleased to meet you, Your Majesty, where's the toilet?" while chewing gum? The tabloids got it wrong???:ohmy:

Seriously, I can understand why Catherine didn't meet the Queen until a few years ago- William has had many girlfriends, and even we ordinary people don't necessarily introduce all of our sweethearts to Granny- that's reserved for "the one".

The Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katharine of Yugoslavia have accepted their invitation from Her Majesty. Therefore, that's proof the invites have been sent out. :)

Thank you!
Any idea which other royals may be invited?

Thank you!
Any idea which other royals may be invited?
I think the Greek ,Norwegian and Danish members of the royal families will come for sure(I don't mean all of them).It's interesting if somebody from Monaco comes.

It surprised me that the invitations were from HM. I would have expected a combo of the Middletons and the PoW. I hope we get to see one published soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom