Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bestie's mum (admittedly I'm talking about the better part of sixty years ago) didn't even get a talk, she was handed a little book to read on the evening before she headed up the aisle!

Sharing just for fun... I wandered by Westminster Abbey this evening and there are already media stands set up in the front courtyard. I imagine they did so to accommodate the media that have been hanging out there since the announcement (I saw a few with professional cameras). I was also approached by a radio station for on-air comment (I declined, lol).

ETA: The stores at Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Palace of Holyroodhouse, etc. are selling this book in their gift shops: William & Kate (Pitkin Royal Souvenir): Amazon.co.uk: Annie Bullen: Books They're also selling postcards of the couple from their engagement announcement.

Last edited:
Some may argue that Carole Middleton had "that" talk with her daughter before she packed her off to St Andrews to seek her prince. :flowers:

I'll bet catherine could tell her Mum a thing or two. :ROFLMAO: :D

There's a lovely article by Mario Testino in the new issue of Vogue. He talks about taking W&K's engagement photos. It's interesting to note that Mario has met Kate twice. Once in 2005 when William and Harry took Kate and Chelsy to the exhibition of Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.

Picture of Happiness: Mario Testino on Photographing the Royal Engagement Portrait - Vogue Daily - Vogue

A correction, he met her twice before shooting the engagement photos. At the exhibition preview and then again at the Concert for Diana in 2007.

Oops, I mistyped. Thanks for the correction, Britters.

If it's William's decision then I'm very happy to see he is including his aunt in the celebrations. I think it's good to show that they are still united despite the fact Andrew and Sarah are divorced plus Sarah has never been anything but positive when it comes to her nephews.She may have screwed up in other areas but when it comes to speaking about the Royals in public she's always done it very well.

Last edited:
I think William insisted on inviting Sarah because she was a good friend of his mother,late Princess Diana

Also, she at one time was his aunt. He still remains close with his cousins Beatrice and Eugenie. As there was definitely no hard feelings between any of them, I don't really see any reason for William not to invite her to his wedding.

In Sarah's book she specifically states that William and Harry no longer speak to her, so I doubt she will be invited to Williams wedding.

In Sarah's book she specifically states that William and Harry no longer speak to her, so I doubt she will be invited to Williams wedding.

I really see no reason why William would stay that much in touch with Sarah as they're totally different generations. He has more in common with his cousins and it quite close to them I believe. She is reportedly also on the guest list for the wedding itself but not for the dinner dance that Prince Charles has in the works for the evening of the wedding.

One other thing. Sarah actually does not have a title. She is able to style herself in the manner of a divorced ex wife of a peer. Sarah, Duchess of York simply states that at one time she was married to the Duke of York.

Last edited:
I thought they had already met when William passed out of Sandhurst?

I think the point being made is that the reports that the Queen and Mrs Middleton have actually met may have been in error.

As far as I am aware there have been no photos of the Queen with any member of the Middleton family although we do know that Mrs Middleton attended the Sandhurst graduation. However we don't actually know if they really met then.

Just because William and Harry doesn't talk to her doesn't mean she won't get an invitation.

William respects his cousins and there wish to have their mother present. He may even have a relationship with his uncle and in consultation with Andrew be inviting Sarah so Andrew has a partner with him.

William, like many people getting married, will be inviting family members out of good manners rather than personal liking - we all have those relatives and I can see William inviting Sarah - simply because he knows that his cousins would appreciate having their mother there even if for no other reason.

I think I remember reading that they haven't met, and kate too only met th queen in 2008, at Philip's wedding. (wasnt the grad in 2007?)

I think William insisted on inviting Sarah because she was a good friend of his mother,late Princess Diana

They were friendly at one time, but by the time of Diana's death they were feuding, not even on speaking terms.
Diana took offense when Sarah claimed she caught foot warts from borrowing Diana's shoes, and matters seemed to escalate from there- to the point where Diana referred to her as "the redhead" rather than by name.

So I really doubt William would reason that inviting Sarah would please Diana.

It would be extremely strange if they had not ever met prior to the wedding. It's not like the Middletons live in China.

I don't think its odd that the Queen hasn't met the Middleton's. Her son isn't marrying the family...her grandson is.

Now it would be weird if Charles and Camilla hadn't met the Middleton's.

Meeting your future son-in-law's grandmother, even if she is the Queen, isn't that important right away. It's more important to meet his parents, which would be Charles and Camilla. Catherine's family will have ample opportunity to meet everyone else in William's family, such as his grandparents, aunt and uncles, cousins, etc,. at the wedding proper and then the reception/wedding breakfast/thingamajig where they eat food and cut some cake.

I think that if the rumor is true that Sarah F will be invited to the wedding, it's an extremely shrewd move to keep control over her and her less savory commercial activities. She can't broadcast a play-by-play running commentary on the wedding if she's inside the venue as a guest, can she?

Inviting her is very, very clever. The BRF gets "credit" for being more human while continuing to ride herd on Sarah's exploitation of her former position.

Someone has gotten some smarts about the situation. It puts Prince William in a very positive light, while Prince Charles still gets to not-invite her to "his" festivities. Best of all, it keeps Sarah in line and under control.

If true, well played.

I think that if the rumor is true that Sarah F will be invited to the wedding, it's an extremely shrewd move to keep control over her and her less savory commercial activities. She can't broadcast a play-by-play running commentary on the wedding if she's inside the venue as a guest, can she?

Inviting her is very, very clever. The BRF gets "credit" for being more human while continuing to ride herd on Sarah's exploitation of her former position.

Someone has gotten some smarts about the situation. It puts Prince William in a very positive light, while Prince Charles still gets to not-invite her to "his" festivities. Best of all, it keeps Sarah in line and under control.

If true, well played.

I agree with you on this NaP. To date Sarah has turned down all offers from US TV stations but as you point out an invitation for Sarah benefits everybody. I'm sure Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pleased for Sarah to be included and William might have considered their feelings as well.

If true, well played.

Gotta agree 100% with your comments. That was my own thought when I read the article.

Meeting your future son-in-law's grandmother, even if she is the Queen, isn't that important right away. It's more important to meet his parents, which would be Charles and Camilla.
Much as the POW PR machine might like to spin it...Camilla is NOT the mother of William and Harry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom