Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's face it....this is a high profile dress. There are going to be more than 2 people working on it and she is not going to call a month before the wedding and tell them to get started.

Why does she have to reveal the designer and the style of her wedding dress before the actual wedding?

Why does she have to reveal the designer and the style of her wedding dress before the actual wedding?

Who said she did?
Nobody in the public is going to know what the dress looks like it or who designed it to the day.

People may not know precisely what the dress looks like until the wedding day, but I believe they will definitely know the designer in advance.
Everyone knew the Emanuels had been chosen to design Diana's dress.
I'm not certain, but I believe the designers were known for Sarah Ferguson's and Princess Anne's dresses, too.

Anyone know whether it was actually officially announced who Diana's dress designer was prior to the wedding or was it leaked/found out by media on their own etc? I could see it being kept secret right up til the wedding, maybe only being officially annoucned a few days before or even on the actual day.

According to the book 'A dress for Diana, the announcement was made by Buckingham Palace on March 10th.

I think the chosen designer would be very careful to keep his or her mouth shut, so I don't think Jasper Conran is Kate's choice.

I suspect she'll want to avoid any designers who were closely associated with Diana (which won't be easy, since all of the top British designers apparently made clothes for her).

I also think Kate has made her decision by now; she won't want something whipped together at the last minute, so I think she picked the designer either right before or right after the engagement announcement.

I still have a feeling the dress has been designed by HM In House design team.

Sarah has finally spoken about the couple to CBC news
"It's great news for William and Catherine," Ferguson said. "She's so beautiful and so lovely, and it's just love. It's wonderful to see such great love."

Read more: CBC News - Television - Ferguson finds northern exposure in N.W.T.

I like that she actually refused to comment on whether or not she's been invited but instead said she's "very excited"

I totally agree with you ghostnight, she chose her words carefully.
The other question is whether or not she will accept an invitation if she is invited? It sounds like there are more or less three guest lists, one for the Abbey, one for the reception hosted by the Queen, and another one for the evening reception hosted by Prince Charles.
How would she feel if she was invited to Abbey but not the reception or vice versa, or if she had to leave after the first reception while Andrew and the girls stayed on? What about if she was invited to the Ceremony but seated away from Andrew and the girls?
If not invited would she be comfortable attending as Andrew's guest if that was an option?
All reports seem to suggest she won't be invited but at least she has warmly wished them the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Wedding Dress designer will be announced soon. I remember the controversy Diana created with her choice of the little known Emmanuels. I also think the gown is well underway. With Diana's and Sarah's wedding dresses, the press had a description of the dress that they were given the day of the wedding, but they were not allowed to discuss details untill Diana was on her way to St. Paul's. The day after the wedding there were duplicate wedding dresses in the shops all over London. No doubt Kate's dress will be too. :flowers:

I would like to see Sarah, Duchess of York invited, but somehow doubt that she will be.

I am sure if William wants her to be present she will be there for sure

How do you know William wants her to be present and that she will there? You are assuming a relationship that may not exist, and that her inexcusable behavior has been forgiven by the RF. With the latest scandal, who could trust her? She may be the mother of Beatrice and Eugenie, but it's not their wedding. She is not a member of the RF and hasn't been for many years.

How do you know William wants her to be present and that she will there? You are assuming a relationship that may not exist, and that her inexcusable behavior has been forgiven by the RF. With the latest scandal, who could trust her? She may be the mother of Beatrice and Eugenie, but it's not their wedding. She is not a member of the RF and hasn't been for many years.

She doesn't say that she knows that William wants her to be present and that she will be there.
She says that if he would want her to be present that there would be no valid reason for her not to attend.

A query: what would happen if there should be a death in the RF before the wedding? Would it have to be postponed?

I still have a feeling the dress has been designed by HM In House design team.

I think we're going to be really surprised by the dress too. For some reason I've been getting the feeling that the dress will not only be spectacular, but have a lot of meaning to it too historically wise. A remake of a dress or a dress designed using something meaningful.

A query: what would happen if there should be a death in the RF before the wedding? Would it have to be postponed?
It would depend on who died and when. If the Queen died and the country was still in mourning then the wedding would be postponed but with anyone else it would probably be decided on a case by case basis.

Didn't Charles rearrange his wedding to Camilla (ok a wedding on a MUCH smaller scale etc) because the Pope had died & the funeral was on the originally planned date for their wedding & Charles was representing the UK at the funeral. I suppose a death in the actual family would be different as it would be more personal & I agree with grevinnan above that I think the reaction would depend on who had died, probably best for a whole multitude of reasons to just hope no-one dies!

She doesn't say that she knows that William wants her to be present and that she will be there.
She says that if he would want her to be present that there would be no valid reason for her not to attend.

Oops! You are right. I missed the "if" in my half-awake state. My apologies! :flowers:

I'm sure it's going to be the Abbey. The Wessex children and the Taylors will be bridesmaids, IMO, as well. Definitely not the York Princesses, Zara or the Greeks.

I'm sorry but viscount severn is going to be a bridesmaid? I thought bridesmaids were female? would the little viscount not be a page?

:lol: I must be the only one who missed the "WC" reference. Reminds me of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn: "HA". :ROFLMAO:

Didn't Charles rearrange his wedding to Camilla (ok a wedding on a MUCH smaller scale etc) because the Pope had died & the funeral was on the originally planned date for their wedding & Charles was representing the UK at the funeral. I suppose a death in the actual family would be different as it would be more personal & I agree with grevinnan above that I think the reaction would depend on who had died, probably best for a whole multitude of reasons to just hope no-one dies!

Charles re-arrange his wedding by a day so that he could go the Pope funeral in the Vatican. The reason he had originally chosen the 8th April, was because the Grand National was on the 9th.
If Prince Phillip/ or any other royal member died on the 20th, then I would expect the wedding to be postponed.

Kate Middleton's royal wedding hen night will be held at Bar 86 in Kensington | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton snubs traditional gifts in favour of charity donations. William and Kate | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom