Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the following: Catherine will come to Westminster Abbey by car on her wedding day, but how will Prince William travel to the Abbey?
Will he, like his father and Prince Andrew, arrive in a carriage at the Abbey, most probably accompanied by his brother? Or will he also use a car?
And will he be leaving from Buckingham Palace, Clarence House or St. James Palace?
I was also wondering about the means of transport for the Prince of Wales and his wife and the Queen and her husband? Will they also use cars on their way to the Abbey and also leave in a carriage to Buckingham Palace?
Does anybody know?

I don't know about that William ride car or carriage... I think he likely ride in carriage but Will find out on the day..

I think the whole Royal family will travel by car to the Abbey and then most will go by carriage to the palace.

Indeed, think I read on twitter (think it was the Royal Reporter guy from the Express) that it was expected that the rest of the Royal Family would basically follow Catherine's lead & take cars to the Church but carriages back to BP. Not confirmed though, just expected.

Many papers have been made so far the speculation who would possibly attend the British royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.For example,the Beckhams are reportedly said to attend the wedding.I wish that at their wedding will be present Prince Albert of Monaco with Charlene,Danish and Spanish heirs to the throne along with such celebrities as Kylie Minogue,Celine Dion or Nicole Kidman. And even Madonna,but that's hardly possible.

If we see any celebs i'm hoping its for a reason, like they are actually close to the royal pair.
As for royals, they'll attend because they have to put on a good show, not because they actually want to IMO.

I was wondering about the following: Catherine will come to Westminster Abbey by car on her wedding day, but how will Prince William travel to the Abbey?
Will he, like his father and Prince Andrew, arrive in a carriage at the Abbey, most probably accompanied by his brother? Or will he also use a car?
And will he be leaving from Buckingham Palace, Clarence House or St. James Palace?
I was also wondering about the means of transport for the Prince of Wales and his wife and the Queen and her husband? Will they also use cars on their way to the Abbey and also leave in a carriage to Buckingham Palace?
Does anybody know?

William is leaving from St James' with his supporters in a car.
QE2, Charles, Philip and Camilla are leaving from BP via car.
Bridesmaids and pages are the only ones leaving from Clarence house.

I doubt anyone other than William and Kate will be in a carriage back to BP.

Royal wedding: Official tea-towels WILL be allowed after Palace U-turn | Mail Online
Royal wedding: BA cabin crew and Tube drivers strike threat | Mail Online
Kate Middleton's big day to be hit by tube strike: Militants threaten Royal Wedding | Mail Online

I am sure that there will be a full carriage procession back to BP with Mrs Middleton riding with Charles and Mr Middleton with Camilla - traditionally for the BRF the parents of the incomer ride back in carriages with the parents of the royal in 'couple' formation. Camilla with Mr Middleton because she is Charles' wife and Diana is dead. They might, however, go with one of Diana's sisters in that role in which case I would expect Camilla to ride with Charles and Mrs Middleton and the husband of the sister with Mr Middleton. I would also expect the Queen and Philip to be in a carriage.

To have only one carriage would lessen the day even further and also not give the Middletons the chance to be seen and cheered on the marriage of their daughter. Also the wedding party - Harry and the bridesmaids etc would also be in a carriage or two (if two supporters one in each of two carriages full of Kate's supporters).

A car wouldn't be so bad if they had a convertible with the top down. I feel so bad for all those people who would like a glimpse of the bride and will likely not be able to see her in a regular car.

A car wouldn't be so bad if they had a convertible with the top down. I feel so bad for all those people who would like a glimpse of the bride and will likely not be able to see her in a regular car.

But this can also happen with carriages. Given that the Wedding is in April i think it's likely that they will use closed carriages and no landauers.

Remember the Royal Family tend to use cars which are specially designed so people can see the occupants pretty well, huge windows & the like. Assuming they use the usual cars I don't think there will be that much of an issue about seeing anyone when they're in the cars.

On a different note, stupidly I've only just begun thinking about what the weather will be doing, hope it doesn't rain but you never with April here, can be warm & sunny, can be wet & miserable. :ermm:

Last edited:
They weren't shown live at the time but were released afterwards.
You mean Diana's photos or Anne's/Margaret's (dunno who's) I have seen the BBC news @ 6 from Diana and Charles' wedding and from what I saw the standard photos were released that night but I didn't see the one's of her getting ready in the Throne Room or the one's with the Queen and flower girls. So I'm assuming those one's were later released? I liked the one's at Charles' 60th I hope they do something like that for the evening dinner.

Richard from Daily Express said all member will be arriving by car can't remember if he mentioned the carriage ride back but I'd assume they would all take the carriage ride back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Diana's photos or Anne's/Margaret's (dunno who's) I have seen the BBC news @ 6 from Diana and Charles' wedding and from what I saw the standard photos were released that night but I didn't see the one's of her getting ready in the Throne Room or the one's with the Queen and flower girls. So I'm assuming those one's were later released? I liked the one's at Charles' 60th I hope they do something like that for the evening dinner.

The post-wedding photos were available that night in the UK but next morning here in Australia. By 6.00p.m. they had already left for their honeymoon.

We saw them leaving from the Palace/CH, the wedding, the parade back to the Palace, the alighting from the carriages at the palace, the balcony (nothing of them getting from the side entrance to the palace to the balcony) and then leaving for their honeymoon.

Later that night in the UK some of the staged photos were released.

All other footage was released much later.

ah I see thank you well then I guess there's a chance we may get something besides just the regular official photos in the Throne room

Last edited:
I totally agree with your post, texankitcat.

There are a couple of tweets from a sky news royal reporter stating a designer he knows, was visited by a member of the Royal family. They were looking at dresses on Kate's behalf and the designer got the impression that Kate has already made up her mind about who is designing it. He doesn't say what type of dress she was looking for, so I don't know if it's her wedding dress, or something for the reception.

Here's the twitter.

Catherine is not giving the designer much time!

The royals have lined their coffers with the enormous gifts dropped on them by their Middle Eastern "friends". They never say no. It is a dichotmy. So the war is Britain's, but the Royals wallow in the gifts and homage.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Sorry, I must have missed something (comes of falling down the stairs :sad:). What enormous gifts have the royals lined their coffers with? :ermm:

:previous: Sorry, I must have missed something (comes of falling down the stairs :sad:). What enormous gifts have the royals lined their coffers with? :ermm:

I think Countess is referring to the reported gift of jewels worth millions as a wedding present for Kate from the Saudis.

Remember the Royal Family tend to use cars which are specially designed so people can see the occupants pretty well, huge windows & the like. Assuming they use the usual cars I don't think there will be that much of an issue about seeing anyone when they're in the cars.

On a different note, stupidly I've only just begun thinking about what the weather will be doing, hope it doesn't rain but you never with April here, can be warm & sunny, can be wet & miserable. :ermm:

Maybe she even will be a snow princess... Last year we had a lot of snow at Easter while the christmas of 2009 had been a green one....

I am sure that there will be a full carriage procession back to BP with Mrs Middleton riding with Charles and Mr Middleton with Camilla - traditionally for the BRF the parents of the incomer ride back in carriages with the parents of the royal in 'couple' formation. Camilla with Mr Middleton because she is Charles' wife and Diana is dead. They might, however, go with one of Diana's sisters in that role in which case I would expect Camilla to ride with Charles and Mrs Middleton and the husband of the sister with Mr Middleton. I would also expect the Queen and Philip to be in a carriage.

To have only one carriage would lessen the day even further and also not give the Middletons the chance to be seen and cheered on the marriage of their daughter. Also the wedding party - Harry and the bridesmaids etc would also be in a carriage or two (if two supporters one in each of two carriages full of Kate's supporters).

That all sounds very plausible to me - everybody drives to the Abbey but they all come back in carriages.

Changing the topic a little bit :p

In regards to their vows what do you think would be the most appropriate choice ... meaning should Catherine say the "to obey"??

I myself hope not, But I was wondering about the rest of you guys' opinion on this.

:)

Changing the topic a little bit :p

In regards to their vows what do you think would be the most appropriate choice ... meaning should Catherine say the "to obey"??

I myself hope not, But I was wondering about the rest of you guys' opinion on this.

:)
I agree with you:flowers:! A young, modern, confident women should use this medieval expression in her marriage vow anymore. But certainly there are many traditionalists around who don't share this view.

Catherine is not giving the designer much time!

Not much time at all. Richard Palmer is also saying that Kate hasn't settled on anyone yet, although she has narrowed it down to just a few designers.

And is this Richard Palmer reliable/credible?

How long does making such a gown generally take? How long did the Emanuels and Lindka Cierach need?

I think they needed about 2 months. I am sure she is narrowing down her decision and most likely will finalize it by the end of the month. I would guess that she also asked how much time each designer needed.

And at this point, the only credible source I am going with is Clarence House.

I'm not sure how reliable he is on this particular story - he's kind of hit or miss on his royal stories.

I believe it took about 4 months to make Princess Diana's dress. Although her dress did have lots of fabric, so Kate might not need that long if she's going for a simpler design.

Last edited:
I would imagine the length of time required to create a royal wedding dress will depend on what the style is, the fabric requirements as well as what adorments the design will require. Intiricate stitching, lace, crystals or jewels, beading....all those adornments take time if it is required to be done by hand.

The clock is definitely ticking, without a designer or design....she is cutting it close.

I would imagine the length of time required to create a royal wedding dress will depend on what the style is, the fabric requirements as well as what adorments the design will require. Intiricate stitching, lace, crystals or jewels, beading....all those adornments take time if it is required to be done by hand.

The clock is definitely ticking, without a designer or design....she is cutting it close.

Maybe she has asked more than one to submit a "draft" so when she picks the draft she wants, the design work will already be largely finished. That would reduce the amount of time needed to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom