Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with faces on coins usually is that to give detail to the facial features, they usually add lines etc to give depth & whatnot but then it just ends up looking like everyone is elderly & overly wrinkly or frowning instead. Lol.

Yeah, I have a feeling that she'll wear it down. Although I hope she proves us wrong. For her big day, I think it would look much better up.

I like the dress Gucci sketched for Kate, and I could see her wearing something like this for the wedding. It seems to suit her style.

Frida Giannini of Gucci

A little serious IMHO. The Valentino´s is great :)!

Yeah, I have a feeling that she'll wear it down. Although I hope she proves us wrong. For her big day, I think it would look much better up.

I like the dress Gucci sketched for Kate, and I could see her wearing something like this for the wedding. It seems to suit her style.

Frida Giannini of Gucci

I don't care for that dress for the wedding. Although the design is elegant, it looks like something to be worn on the red carpet at an award ceremony rather than a Royal wedding in a huge Cathedral.

That's a gorgeous dress, and to me, would suit her figure/style very well. Maybe if the sash was the same color as the skirt, though. Then it would be 100% perfect.

stunning! You found "the" dress!!
can we make Lhuillier english now?? ?P

Last edited:
I was just watching the programme on Kate and the press tonight aired on Channel 5 here in the UK. One of Kate's friends was questioned and said that she would not name names of designers but would say that the dress will be nothing like Diana's. According to her it will be a reflection of Kate. I think modern, classy and elegant are words she used.

I was just watching the programme on Kate and the press tonight aired on Channel 5 here in the UK. One of Kate's friends was questioned and said that she would not name names of designers but would say that the dress will be nothing like Diana's. According to her it will be a reflection of Kate. I think modern, classy and elegant are words she used.
Did You?Unfortunately I couldn't watch it,as I am in a different country and this channel is unavailable there.Could you tell any more on this programme?

Did You?Unfortunately I couldn't watch it,as I am in a different country and this channel is unavailable there.Could you tell any more on this programme?

They just talked about how Kate is likely to be better protected by the press than Diana as the royal family has learnt their lesson. Others said that Kate will have protection for the rest of her life. Some said that William will be protective of her because of what happened to his mother.

The thing I found most interesting was the commentator who said that at Buckingham Palace their were whispers of equal primogeniture which were getting a little louder as time goes by.

The thing I found most interesting was the commentator who said that at Buckingham Palace their were whispers of equal primogeniture which were getting a little louder as time goes by.

Very interesting indeed. Does anyone knows if a poll about this issue was done recently on in the UK? and if so, what were the results?

I like this style dress very much, I think Kate could pull it off. with a long vail...and taira ...

IMHO It also echos the Grace Kelly dress a bit. I like the top but find the funny pleat in the front distracting.

Very interesting indeed. Does anyone knows if a poll about this issue was done recently on in the UK? and if so, what were the results?

I don't know of any poll but do remember that when Diana was pregnant with William it was discussed that if she had a girl first and then a boy the law would be changed. As she had a boy the idea simply died a natural death. It will come up again when Kate is pregnant and if she has a girl will probably pass but if she has a boy may very well simply be put to one side for another generation.

I don't know of any poll but do remember that when Diana was pregnant with William it was discussed that if she had a girl first and then a boy the law would be changed. As she had a boy the idea simply died a natural death. It will come up again when Kate is pregnant and if she has a girl will probably pass but if she has a boy may very well simply be put to one side for another generation.

I agree, I think the issue will wait until there is the actual situation of an heir's first child being a daughter. If William & Kate have a son first then I doubt they'd bother changing any rules but if they had a daughter first then I could easily see equal primogeniture being passed as in this day & age I don't think many would be overly concerned by that changing (in fact I'd say most would support it seeing as we certainly haven't suffered from having the current female Monarch!)

But I don't think there would be any move to change it if there was no need, the RF don't tend to mess with any traditions or precedents unless a situation forces or encourages them to do so. They don't just change things without reason or just for the sake of it usually.

I agree, I think the issue will wait until there is the actual situation of an heir's first child being a daughter. If William & Kate have a son first then I doubt they'd bother changing any rules but if they had a daughter first then I could easily see equal primogeniture being passed as in this day & age I don't think many would be overly concerned by that changing (in fact I'd say most would support it seeing as we certainly haven't suffered from having the current female Monarch!)

But I don't think there would be any move to change it if there was no need, the RF don't tend to mess with any traditions or precedents unless a situation forces or encourages them to do so. They don't just change things without reason or just for the sake of it usually.

As it would take an Act of Parliament I simply don't see them giving the parliament the need to debate anything about the RF if they can avoid it.

It's fun to look for potential dress inspirations. This one is unique and with the wide sash sort of reminds me of the Issa dress she wore when the engagement was announced:

http://www.partypop.com/Forums/images/406414.jpg

I love this one, unfortunately the designer isn't British! Boo!

I have to say, I really think lace would suit Catherine, for some reason. I think that's what I love about this one, plus it has a larger skirt which makes it more of a formal gown and better suited to the Abbey. The sash does remind me of her Issa dress, your'e right, and it highlights her tiny waist. It's a winner!

IMHO It also echos the Grace Kelly dress a bit. I like the top but find the funny pleat in the front distracting.

I agree the top does put me in mind of Grace Kelly's now that you said that ... the fold in the front is very fashionable right now, I think more then one fold would help even it out a little like this ...
Monique_1786367a.jpg

Last edited:
I agree the top does put me in mind of Grace Kelly's now that you said that ... the pleat in the front is very fashionable right now, I think more then one pleat owould help even it out a little

It is a fold not a pleat! A pleat is vertical. This looks as though the seamstress caught extra layers in the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom