Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry- I really hope they don't choose these three women either. These three women also sing "crossover" music and not the traditional classical music that we have seen at all previous royal weddings. I don't think Smith or Boyle have enough classical training or experience for an event of this magnitude and Jenkins is a mezzo- most repertoire usually sung at weddings and royal events requires a higher voiced soprano. My husband is a well known Canadian opera singer, so I really do know about these things!
Then both you and your husband knows that every piece of music can be transposed, so it suits every voice.

I think Catherin'e dress will be pretty, and chic but staying a bit on the "safe" side because none of her fashion is too out there. She'll probably highlight her waist because usually her oufits do- I am thinking something like CP MM of Norway's maybe- but with more lace and something highlighting the waist .....just my guess

That's one way of looking at it. She's a safe and old-fashioned choice, except she's not a virgin, is what I meant to say.

Maybe she isn't now, but maybe she was when she started with William and hence lost it to him, so lost it to her husband and he's the only guy- they met young-ish... could be.....

Did anyone else read the article where Lady Kitty Spencer said William asked her father to give a speech about Diana at the wedding? I don't like that at all if it's true, what does everyone else think....

If he speaks it will ruin the whole wedding IMO.

Then both you and your husband knows that every piece of music can be transposed, so it suits every voice.

Yes of course... but it simply is not done in the classical performance world. Operas or oratorios are not transposed so that a bass singer can try out a tenor part! Transposition does happen lots in popular music... but not in classical.

William and Kate might surprise us all and instead of Emma Kirkby (one of the finest Baroque sopranos in history) singing Bach or Mozart, ask Joss Stone and Paul McCartney for a duet! We'll just have to wait until April 29 to find out.

Last edited:
So many details...

The singers, the menu, the dress, the guests...So many details! I suposse there is an entire team in charge of all of this...

I have a point here; I see that the marriage will be a kind of IMPORTANT names meeting and I just hope that it will not lose its romantic and familiar character, becoming a kind of show (like the Oscars where everybody goes to show him/herself). Second, I hope too that Kate will not feel intimidated by all of this and suffer Letizia´s (of Spain) syndrome: becoming a statue in her wedding day, due to the nerves! Part of the enchant would be lost, `cause she is "the bride in the wedding"...:eek:

Did anyone else read the article where Lady Kitty Spencer said William asked her father to give a speech about Diana at the wedding? I don't like that at all if it's true, what does everyone else think....

Oh, dear ... that's taking a risk. I can't believe the Queen will go along with that -- Grandson or not!

Yes of course... but it simply is not done in the classical performance world. Operas or oratorios are not transposed so that a bass singer can try out a tenor part! Transposition does happen lots in popular music... but not in classical.
I can´t agree with you here. I know it is done - also in the classical performance world. So you can´t just say that it never has or never will be done.

Well,it will be wonderful if at their wedding will perform Celine Dion,Kylie Minogue or Madonna.If Michael Jackson was alive,he would have been for sure invited to perform,as Princess Diana loved his songs so much...

No idea why Hello used such an old photo of Kate on their cover this week?

Possible because the magazine covers all of her life?

Well,it will be wonderful if at their wedding will perform Celine Dion,Kylie Minogue or Madonna.If Michael Jackson was alive,he would have been for sure invited to perform,as Princess Diana loved his songs so much...

For sure? Just because Diana might have liked him, couldn't have guarenteed a place at the royal wedding.
Celine, Kylie and Madonna? Why?

As an inquiry, has a celebrity musician ever performed at any royal wedding?

Possible because the magazine covers all of her life?

For sure? Just because Diana might have liked him, couldn't have guarenteed a place at the royal wedding.
Celine, Kylie and Madonna? Why?

As an inquiry, has a celebrity musician ever performed at any royal wedding?
Yes,the "ABBA" performed at the wedding of Queen Silvia and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden

Did they perform at the reception though or the actual wedding ceremony?

Yes,the "ABBA" performed at the wedding of Queen Silvia and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden

DId they perform at teh wedding or one of the prewedding concerts. That is a BIG difference.

With all due respect to the singers you named...you will not see the likes of Kylie performing at the actual wedding. This is the British Royal Family not the Royal Variety Show or X-Factor

Celine had a baby, Madonna would more than likely be off the list due to her recent film and Kylie is a maybe.

And I believe the Swedish pop star Agnes performed at Victoria & Daniel's wedding (during the actual ceremony, if I recall).

Again, I would take everything that is out there regarding this wedding with a grain of salt.

According to the news report, Snoop Dog was going to perform a new song at the wedding. And it now appears that Snoop redid an existing song, and he wants to perform at the bachelor/stag party. Not everything in print is the truth.

I don't see why she can expect the same thing, why can't she choose her own food?
Lam mousse I imagine, is the same texture as a chocolate one just lamb flavoured. Or it might be a pate kinda thing.
Ahh Thanks for that info. I didn't know the Queen chooses the food, that's interesting!

Ahh Thanks for that info. I didn't know the Queen chooses the food, that's interesting!

In the various documentaries I've seen about HM, for any large event she is presented with a couple of menus by the head chef and picks & chooses amongst them, sometimes using the suggested items and other times requesting a modification or something entirely different. If I were William & Kate, the kitchen team at Buckingham Palace would be more than welcome to plan my entire wedding breakfast -- it will be fabulous! :)

In the various documentaries I've seen about HM, for any large event she is presented with a couple of menus by the head chef and picks & chooses amongst them, sometimes using the suggested items and other times requesting a modification or something entirely different. If I were William & Kate, the kitchen team at Buckingham Palace would be more than welcome to plan my entire wedding breakfast -- it will be fabulous! :)
Apart from the fact I've never heard of half of the dishes they usually make, I too would love to have the kitchen team at BP plan my wedding breakfast.:lol:

Last edited:
It can also be argued that a composer writes a piece in a particular key for a particular effect. "Let the Bright Seraphim", for example, wouldn't sound as brilliant if it were transposed into a lower range.

Holy Cow! If Kate Middleton wore a dress like any of these I would call for an abolishment of the monarchy! Are you serious?? :eek:

I'm sure she's just pulling our legs. There is no way on God's green earth that Kate would wear anything like these dresses:whistling:

I highly doubt a pop star will sing at this wedding. A few may be invited to attend but not sing. Sorry but Diana didn't invite Michael Jackson to her wedding let alone ask him to sing. An opera singer did a solo selection, Kiri Ti Kanawa.

William and Kate might surprise us all and instead of Emma Kirkby (one of the finest Baroque sopranos in history) singing Bach or Mozart, ask Joss Stone and Paul McCartney for a duet! We'll just have to wait until April 29 to find out.

I have, as a mezzo, sung transpositions of "Oh, Death" and "But Who May Abide". It is done in classical.

No idea why Hello used such an old photo of Kate on their cover this week? QUOTE]

Probably because everyone is tired of looking at the same old photo from the engagement. If new/never used old photos aren't published, people won't buy the mags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom