Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we expect a lot of royals since in the British press they only seem to spreak about Obama and Sarkozy.

Yaaaay! I am so happy they are having it in April and at Westminster Abby! And a Bank Holiday to boot! I will have the day off! Oh wait.....I don't live in Great Britian....:angry:

Doesn't mean you can't the take off. I'm already planning on coming in late that day, just need to let the boss know.

Can we expect a lot of royals since in the British press they only seem to spreak about Obama and Sarkozy.
Pretty sure all European royal houses will be respresented, but since yhe BRF inerest in the weddings of the "bicycle" monarchies have been tepid (normaly just Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex) I very much doubt they will be there in force.

Will this wedding be considered a State wedding? I wouldn't think so since PW is the heir to the heir.

So wonderfull :)!
I'm getting married myself on the 30th of april, so one day later than Kate and William.
So on friday 29th of april 2011 I will take a holiday and watch their marriage and the next day I will get married myself. :wub:

I'm getting married myself on the 30th of april, so one day later than Kate and William.
So on friday 29th of april 2011 I will take a holiday and watch their marriage and the next day I will get married myself. :wub:
Aw! Congratulations! :flowers:
You know, it will be easy for you to remember their anniversary too ;)

That fantastic....Congratulations to you and your intended!:flowers:

Even if you don't have time to watch the wedding (as you prepare for yours) no doubt Will and Kate will be on youtube.

It will be interesting how the bank holiday turns out as the 22nd and 25th April are already bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday and the 2nd May for May Day Holiday so will they really give us 2 four day weekends in a row or will they recycle May Day?

they will give us 2 4-day weekends. my birthdays on the sunday before the weding (which just happens to be easter sunday) so i am very happy.

congratulations

Now I'm just curious what time this will be...I have a sinking feeling that it will occur in the morning, which means us Americans have to drag ourselves out of bed in the middle of the night. :sad: An 11:00 ceremony means I would want to start watching around 9:00 (based on when royals began arriving to the church with Victoria), which equals 3am for me!

Oh, what a pitty. A friday. To bad, for me that is. I work on Fridays so i guess i will watch the event on youtube later that night then. According to Sky "The ceremony is being described as a "semi-state" affair." I guess we can rule out Obama and Sarkozy then

It will be interesting how the bank holiday turns out as the 22nd and 25th April are already bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday and the 2nd May for May Day Holiday so will they really give us 2 four day weekends in a row or will they recycle May Day?

1st of May is on a Sunday this year, or do you britts have the May Day on Mondays in such cases?

It was almost obvious that it was going to be in that Abbey, too serious for my taste but very Britain. However, it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...Now, there is still the other BIG clue...the wedding gown!! (and the honeymoon, the reception, the guests...)

it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...

It's good that they will have some happy new memories of the Abbey to supplant the sad ones.

While there are certainly bad memories in the Abbey, lets not forget that William has been there several times since 1997. So I would imagine that it was a shocker the first time, but he might be used to it now.

It was almost obvious that it was going to be in that Abbey, too serious for my taste but very Britain. However, it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...Now, there is still the other BIG clue...the wedding gown!! (and the honeymoon, the reception, the guests...)

I think that was Williams intent. Overcome an obstacle so to speak. Now the good memories of that church will overshadow the bad.

The honeymoon will be a gigant hide and seek with the papparazzis.

The big question is: Do we get to see a kiss like we saw on June 19(ok, 7 live and 1 bonus in the weddingbook:))

I think that was Williams intent. Overcome an obstacle so to speak. Now the good memories of that church will overshadow the bad.

The honeymoon will be a gigant hide and seek with the papparazzis.

The big question is: Do we get to see a kiss like we saw on June 19(ok, 7 live and 1 bonus in the weddingbook:))

Which wedding are you referring to?

Edit: I see you are referring to the Swedish wedding. I think this one will be a bit different but I expect a balcony kiss, to be honest.

Last edited:
It seemed that Edward and Sophie were determined not to have a public kiss after their wedding, likely to stop the comparisons between their wedding and the previous royal wedding ceremonies. I wonder if William and Kate will make the same call and skip the kiss on the balcony.

Oh, what a pitty. A friday. To bad, for me that is. I work on Fridays so i guess i will watch the event on youtube later that night then.

I think there is a good possibility that a DVD of the wedding will be made.

People Magazine has some new wedding dress sketches from famous designers - many of them British.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown: Designer Ideas : People.com

I just checked the dresses and I love the MONIQUE LHUILLIER´s one! Very princess and very Kate :flowers:! THe designer will be britain, of course; what a pitty for Valentino, Channel, etc, etc...No opportunity for them of designing the most expected wedding gown of the world!

I just checked the dresses and I love the MONIQUE LHUILLIER´s one! Very princess and very Kate :flowers:! THe designer will be britain, of course; what a pitty for Valentino, Channel, etc, etc...No opportunity for them of designing the most expected wedding gown of the world!
Chagall I have to agree with you that this is the best choice for Catherine.Yopu have excellent taste!
However wed do not know whether Catherine will go to Chanel or European couture for this gown-
I think the Monique Lhuillier one is quite definitive and expresses Catherine beautifully.

I like gown #4 by Ben de Lisi.

Hi! Chiming in here from the States also. :)

I could certainly take the day off, but I'm afraid it will simply be about getting up to watch TV at 4am. That's what I had to do for Charles and Diana. So I hope for an evening wedding! ;)

Glad it's not a Saturday anyway. Spent almost the whole day glued to the computer watching Swedish TV online when Victoria married, and consequently didn't get my cleaning done! LOL!

BTW, I vote for Suzanne Neville for the gown. :)

Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey - Pictures - Zimbio

is she really with her parents? i don't think that lady is her mother, is it?

Can't really make out who it is, but your right it doesn't look like her.

1st of May is on a Sunday this year, or do you britts have the May Day on Mondays in such cases?

Mayday goes to the Monday after the 1st of May.

I am surprised by the choice of wedding date, not by the location unfortunately.

Please note that all posts relating to the Obamas have been deleted.

It would be nice if we could speak of the President and the First Lady of the United States in general terms without the thread being thrown off track with posts regarding vacation time, ulterior motives of the Obamas and the cost of such a trip for the American tax payer. But alas we cannot.

Please note that future posts will be deleted as well.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom