Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Windsor family drama is unraveling right before our eyes, if this story is to be believed. Up until now I thought William was more like Charles in temperament, but he sounds more like Diana here. It's one thing to want to modernize, but doing away with protocol and calling the old institution old fashioned is kind of duh...

This is the Daily Mail after all. I wouldn't put much truth into what they are writing these days.

Another Windsor family drama is unraveling right before our eyes, if this story is to be believed. Up until now I thought William was more like Charles in temperament, but he sounds more like Diana here. It's one thing to want to modernize, but doing away with protocol and calling the old institution old fashioned is kind of duh...

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. William and Catherine should have the right to plan their own wedding, while obviously keeping with traditions of other royal weddings. It's not an either/or thing.

Besides, there's a reason they call it the Daily Fail.

Well Eugenie did a reading at Peter's wedding. But that doesn't mean anything as we don't know what type of relationship the Yorks have with the Wales boys. Anything is possible at this point. Either way, I don't see teh Yorks participating in the wedding, and really I don't see Zara doing the same either.

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. William and Catherine should have the right to plan their own wedding, while obviously keeping with traditions of other royal weddings. It's not an either/or thing.

Besides, there's a reason they call it the Daily Fail.
Point very well taken. But I stand by the duh part.

The end of April sounds perfect for this wedding to me. What I'm really liking is the reports coming through that the couple wish to have more of the ordinary people invited to this wedding rather than restricting the guest list to, as one report put it, the good and the great. I think we're going to see a wedding that will be a celebration for all of us to be happy about.

I love it! It shows the kind of people that William and Kate are and how they want to start their life together as a Royal couple. He seems to have learned an important lesson from his Mother which that it is more important to be OF the people rather than just being OF the Crown. It shows that both William and Kate want to break through the typical Royal protocol of Royalty and truly share their day.

It's simply brilliant.

I hope it's a tiara event just b/c I'd love to see what tiara's Beatrice and Eugenie will wear. But knowing the BRF it'll be hats everywhere! Hopefully Queen Beatrix is there to provide us with some interesting headgear :lol: And should Letizia and Felipe go we'll finally see here in a hat as the Spanish royals hardly wear them. And Queen Rania & CP Masako if they're there!

I don't think you will see CP Masako. She hasn't attended a foreign wedding in years if at all. If because of her illness she can't do duties inside her country it will NOT go over well if she is attending a wedding outside the country.

I am on the fence if Beatrix will come. She was certainly at Diana's wedding but she wasn't a Queen yet. I can't remember if she attended Andrew/Sarah's. I think you will see Maxima and WA or but most likely Laurentien and her husband (can't remember his name of the bat). Especially since they (Laurentien) attended Charles and Camilla's wedding.

Last edited:
I hope it's a tiara event just b/c I'd love to see what tiara's Beatrice and Eugenie will wear. But knowing the BRF it'll be hats everywhere! Hopefully Queen Beatrix is there to provide us with some interesting headgear :lol: And should Letizia and Felipe go we'll finally see here in a hat as the Spanish royals hardly wear them. And Queen Rania & CP Masako if they're there!

British royal weddings are rarely, if ever, tiara affairs. They are usually late morning events making tiaras highly unlikely. Hats are far preferable in a church anyway in my opinion - tiaras for balls and dinners but hats for weddings and funerals.

I married in May in England and we had to run in the middle of the photo session from the garden castle becasue it was raining, so I am not sure about may!

Prince William: Even the Queen's left in the dark! Frustration as the Prince takes charge - and his grandmother 'hasn't a clue what's going on' | Mail Online

The decision by Prince William to oversee every last detail of his wedding has caused friction and complicated the preparations, sources claimed last night.

They said William has insisted his four-strong team of aides take charge – and has kept Buckingham Palace, which would normally play a key role, ‘largely in the dark’.

I do take it with a grain of salt since it is the Daily Mail. Actually, as an American, once I'm done reading their royalty articles, I like to see their take on the American celebrity gossip because they really seem to make something out of nothing. :whistling: :ROFLMAO:

But this article does remind me a little bit of the political psychology courses I took as an undergrad. This is William's first real chance to assert himself in a state matter, and it could show us something of his character and the leadership style he will use as king.

Royal wedding: Prince William's surprise delay is a gift to President Barack Obama - Telegraph

Prince William's admission that he and Kate Middleton had been "talking about marriage for a while" has meant that the delay in announcing the wedding date has caused some surprise.

Mandrake hears that the reason the couple have not been able to name the day is because of the difficulties in finding a window in the diary of President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle.

^ Michelle can make a solo appearance like Nancy Reagan did for Charles and Diana's wedding.

Charles was also very authoritative when planning his wedding. why is the Daily Mail making a big deal out of this?

Last edited:
^^I think I would prefer if only Mrs. Obama goes to the wedding. I don't know why (I know William is 'important' and all) but it just seems so trivial for the President. Also, President Obama has a way of stealing the whole thunder, if you know what I mean. I like him but he's very overwhelming presence anywhere he goes. I can see the headlines:
President Obama attends wedding
Prince William wed Kate Middleton as President Obama looks on
:lol::ROFLMAO:

Prince William: Even the Queen's left in the dark! Frustration as the Prince takes charge - and his grandmother 'hasn't a clue what's going on' | Mail Online

The decision by Prince William to oversee every last detail of his wedding has caused friction and complicated the preparations, sources claimed last night.

They said William has insisted his four-strong team of aides take charge – and has kept Buckingham Palace, which would normally play a key role, ‘largely in the dark’.

It could be my rebellious Colonial spirit, but the idea of William giving the courtiers conniptions because he wants to organise his own wedding pleases me immensely and I hope this article is true. :lol: :boxing::hornets: If it is, William has gone up in my estimation. I have long believed it is high time the role of the courtiers was reduced to that of, essentially, staff to the RF. IMO they are there to advise, certainly, but in the final analysis, and assuming no mental incapacity on the part of the Royals in question, I think the Royals should be the ones to tell the courtiers what they want done, and that it is up to the courtiers to work out how to do it, not the other way around.

This hasn't got a lot to do with Catherine's current events, however this is England. The weather is never predictable.

I don't think you will see CP Masako. She hasn't attended a foreign wedding in years if at all. If because of her illness she can't do duties inside her country it will NOT go over well if she is attending a wedding outside the country.

I am on the fence if Beatrix will come. She was certainly at Diana's wedding but she wasn't a Queen yet. I can't remember if she attended Andrew/Sarah's. I think you will see Maxima and WA or but most likely Laurentien and her husband (can't remember his name of the bat). Especially since they (Laurentien) attended Charles and Camilla's wedding.

Beatrixcertzauilywas a Queen at CVharles and Dianas Wedding as the Wedding toiok placein July1981 and she succeeded her mother in April 1980.
As far as i remember there where not many Royals at Andrews Wedding but at the Wedding of Anne and Mark there where quiet some, like Beatric and Claus, Harald and son ja etc.

British royal weddings are rarely, if ever, tiara affairs. They are usually late morning events making tiaras highly unlikely. Hats are far preferable in a church anyway in my opinion - tiaras for balls and dinners but hats for weddings and funerals.

And even if it's in the afternoon like Edward's Wedding there are no tiaras worn. And i think if they wouldmake it a white tie Wedding then it wouldbe seen as toomuch pomp etc.

My guess is that the danish representative will be Joachim since he wasnt in the lineup for the weddings this year for either Victoria or the Greeks. Fredrick might rather stay at home with his newborn.

My guess is that the danish representative will be Joachim since he wasnt in the lineup for the weddings this year for either Victoria or the Greeks. Fredrick might rather stay at home with his newborn.

Newborns, and depending upon when the wedding is, they could be 6 months old.
He wasn't in the line-up by choice.

And even if it's in the afternoon like Edward's Wedding there are no tiaras worn. And i think if they wouldmake it a white tie Wedding then it wouldbe seen as toomuch pomp etc.

Although there are bound to be royalty and VIPs such as PM Cameron and perhaps the Obamas, we're going to see quite a few others invited to this wedding such as perhaps some of the folks from William's patronages such as Centrepoint. With hearing on how much they wish to involve more "ordinary people", I do think this wedding is going to be huge. I've seen it billed a few places even as "the wedding of the century". It certainly will not be the "fairy tale wedding" that was billed in 1981 but I can see it being a truly happy occasion with the special touches of the couple themselves and a warmness that we experienced with Victoria and Daniel's wedding last summer.

Kate would probably have her sister and Beatrice and Eugenie as her supporters, I'm guessing.

The weddings I have attended in the UK have all had more children than adults as "bridesmaids" and we've certainly seen this with the British royal weddings as well. While the Gloucester weddings and Autumn (Kelly) Philips had adult female supporters, these women were sisters of the bride or groom.

Because of this, I really don't think we'll see the York sisters or Zara marching down the aisle with Kate!

It says in the Telegraph article that she wants the word "obey" taken out of the vows.

^^I think I would prefer if only Mrs. Obama goes to the wedding. I don't know why (I know William is 'important' and all) but it just seems so trivial for the President. Also, President Obama has a way of stealing the whole thunder, if you know what I mean. I like him but he's very overwhelming presence anywhere he goes. I can see the headlines:
President Obama attends wedding
Prince William wed Kate Middleton as President Obama looks on
:lol::ROFLMAO:

Ah... no. Obama won't be overshadowing anyone at the wedding if he is there. He would be a high profile guest of course but there is no way he will overshadow them. Nobody is obsessed with him in Europe like they seem to be in the States, and this is England so they won't let anyone overshadow the Royal Family.

It could be my rebellious Colonial spirit, but the idea of William giving the courtiers conniptions because he wants to organise his own wedding pleases me immensely and I hope this article is true. :lol: :boxing::hornets: If it is, William has gone up in my estimation. I have long believed it is high time the role of the courtiers was reduced to that of, essentially, staff to the RF. IMO they are there to advise, certainly, but in the final analysis, and assuming no mental incapacity on the part of the Royals in question, I think the Royals should be the ones to tell the courtiers what they want done, and that it is up to the courtiers to work out how to do it, not the other way around.

I completely agree with you. If I was marrying into that family the thoughts of meeting the royals wouldn't be as bad as knowing that courtiers will watch everything and moan and complain if you try and do anything a different way. Nothing made me happier than knowing William kept them in the dark about his decision to become a search and rescue pilot. :lol:

Obama won't attend this wedding. Nancy Reagan attended the wedding of Charles and Diana, Hillary Clinton attended the funeral of Diana. Not sure if Nancy attended the wedding of Andrew and Sarah. I would imgagine it would be the US Ambassador to the UK or Michelle Obama if they invite world leaders. I guess it really matters if this is a state occassion.

What happened to the "Special Relationship" between the US and the UK ??

I bet Michelle Obama will attend the Windsor Wedding.

Too my knowledge a sitting US President has never attended any royal wedding.

Its usually the First Lady or the US Ambassador.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom