Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.

Well, three middle names is enough already - most of us (at least, as far as I know) have only one or two.

Where do you think they will marry, then? Since you say neither the Abbey nor St. Paul's or St. George's.

Last edited:
William's godparents:
King Constantine, Lord Romsey (Earl Mountbatten's grandson), Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Westminster, Sir Laurens van der Post, Lady susan Hussey.

Well, three middle names is enough already - most of us (at least, as far as I know) have only one or two.

Where do you think they will marry, then? Since you say neither the Abbey nor St. Paul's or St. George's.

I meant to put a full stop not a comma after the Abbey. I think it will either be St Pauls or St George's.

William's godparents:
King Constantine, Lord Romsey (Earl Mountbatten's grandson), Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Westminster, Sir Laurens van der Post, Lady susan Hussey.

Yes?

Lumtqueen you seem to know alot about the british royal family... And I was simply saying that yu never hear his middle names.

I suppose we'll be hearing somthig from his godparents at one time or another

I would like to see Kate with two adult bridesmaids. Pippa and another.

Possible Flower girls:
Lady Louise
Margarita Armstrong Jones
Eloise and Estella Taylor
Lola Parker Bowles
Eliza Lopes

Possible Page Boys:
Viscount Severn
Charles Armstrong Jones
Xan Windsor, Lord Culloden
Albert Windsor

I doubt Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie will be bridesmaids but it would be nice. If she needs attendants who are more minor she might consider Lady Marina Charlotte and Lady Amelia as they are 18 and 15 respectively.

William's godchildren are Prince Constantine Alexios and Grace van Cutsem so they can't be ruled out.

Considering that the British tend to not to send many royals to foreign Royal Weddings I wonder how many royals they'll have? I'm sure this will be the best royal wedding since Charles & Di's because there hasn't been one like that since so there will be all or most crowned heads of states and Crown princes & Crown princess and a lot of princes & princesses.

I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding.

Considering that the British tend to not to send many royals to foreign Royal Weddings I wonder how many royals they'll have? I'm sure this will be the best royal wedding since Charles & Di's because there hasn't been one like that since so there will be all or most crowned heads of states and Crown princes & Crown princess and a lot of princes & princesses.

I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding.

It most likely won't be white tie

I think most royal houses will go, Crown prince/ss and or the kngs and queens, some of the kings such as King Juan Carlos, are good friends with Charles, so we might see them at the wedding

It will be a tiara event, and the designer I can't even guess. Kate hasn't shown an interest in a specific fashion designer, as Victoria did.

It is highly unlikely to be a tiara event for the guests as the British royal family favour morning weddings thus hats worn by the ladies

Kate favours the designer Issa who has recently started to design wedding dresses

I also doubt that there will be many heads of states or even heirs to the throne at this wedding after all it is the wedding of the second in line to the throne and unlike the 1981 Charles and Diana event not the heir. It is more likely that royals who are invited will be those with close links such as the greek family etc

We have also forgotten that William has 2 godchildren- Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece (born in 1998 to Crown Prince(s) Pavlos and Marie Chantal) and
Grace Emilie van Cutsem (born in 2007 to Hugh van Cutsem and Rose Astor).

As for a wedding dress... I can not imagine that Kate will choose a non-British designer, especially during current economic times. It's too bad that Catherine Walker passed away recently. I think a Catherine Walker dress would have been just fantastic (remember Lady Helen Taylor's beautiful Walker dress) and another subtle connection to William's mother.

He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.

I am not willing to hedge a bet as to where they will marry. I thought when they did decide to wed they would avoid any Diana comparisons and go for Westminster Abbey, but with the choice of ring I think St. Paul's is back in play.

I think Westminster is the most likely venue. St. Paul's is just over the top considering, as some have pointed out...William is merely the heir to the heir at this point. On the other hand St. George's is too small for the same reason. Westminster is a comfortable midway point.

JonC said: "I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding."

To be white tie, would it not have to be after dark or 5p, whichever comes first?

Last edited:
NoupSo twitted :
HRH Catherine, the duchess of Lancaster :)
Could this be right?

Wikipedia says that the Duke of Lancaster is a title held by the ruling monarch, regardless of gender. So currently, Elizabeth holds the title "Duke of Lancaster". I don't know that she'd bestow that title on William, though.

As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.:ohmy:

Not necessarily. He wouldn't be the first child to use the ring of a deceased parent or relative. Didn't Camilla's ring used to be the Queen Mother's?

I definitely think the wedding will be very "British", meaning most of the high profile guests will be the Windsors, and British nobility and celebrities. Although to be honest, I do expect the European heirs to attend. It just wldn't be right for them not to attend. I'm finding myself getting strangely excited, I keep imaging Stella McCartney designing the wedding dress. One can only hope!

Forgot to add, I'm nearly certain! one the wee Parker-Bowles/Lopes bubs will be page boys or flower girls. That will be adorable. I think they will go the British and Victoria route with just kids. And as much as I LOVE the abbey, really do, and I do think they will have the wedding there, St. Pauls really is prettier for weddings. There is more light and cathedral is softer.

Last edited:
It will be a real wedding of century. I have feeling they will marry in spring.:flowers:

I don't think Catherine should have Issa design her wedding gown. I think she ought to chose a British designer, not a Brazilian living in the UK. It would help British fashion rather than Brazilian.

Don't forget that Catherine Walker passed away in September, so I don't think it's likely that she'll be designing Kate's wedding dress.

I would love to see the wedding in St. George's Chapel since I love Windsor, but I suspect that Westminster Abbey will be the ultimate site. Yes, there's been some sad moments there, but maybe it's time that the abbey hosted a joyous occasion.

My bet is
Local: Westminster Abbey
Date: Any Saturday in May
Dress: by Stella McCartney (lace)
Tiara: Strathmore
Music: Maybe one special song form Sir Paul McCartney
Not many Kings/Queens will be present, maybe just Greece and Spain, but many crown princes.

Don't forget that Catherine Walker passed away in September, so I don't think it's likely that she'll be designing Kate's wedding dress.

But there are so many British designers out there - Stella McCartney, Matthew Williamson, Amanda Wakeley...the list is long. IMO, it wouldn't be right for Catherine have her wedding gown designed by a non-Brit. If she wore Issa, she would be giving credit to Brazil, not the UK.

Paul McCartney?!?! No way!! The ONLY time a pop star has sung at a royal occasion (other than outdoor rock concerts) was Diana's funeral- and not by the invitation of the Windsors. The music at British royal occasions always involves the choir at whatever cathedral the occasion is taking place (British choral music is a long and much revered tradition). At the royal weddings in 1981 and 1986, prominent classical/opera singers performed; at Charles and Camilla's wedding there was a small chamber orchestra.

I also don't think that Stella McCartney will make the dress. Kate's style is not avante garde by any means. I really think she will go to a more traditional English designer. Plus- Stella is about to deliver her fourth baby. Depending on her maternity leave and the wedding date, schedules might not match.

Last edited:
Paul McCartney has composed classical before.

Love the idea of a Princess Catherine....Princess Catherine Elizabeth no less...I am going to get ahead of myself because in the engagment thread there is talk of children already and using the name 'Diana' for a daughter...I definitely think they will, but not as a first name and since royals are given the option of four to five names, it will definitely be included...I am thinking something along the lines of:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Mary Diana or something...but I am certainly jumping the gun ;)

As for wedding predictions, I am only hoping for covered shoulders and maybe little sleeves and not too frou-frou and a modest train, which I think are overrated....

She should go for a classic designer...like Dior, Valentino or De la Renta.
I don't think I'll ever be able to call her Catherine.

Well, she will be known as Catherine in the royal circuit, but she will always be Princess Kate for the media and us ;)
Maybe a Valentino would look good on her.

What about having some of the Spencer family in the wedding? I mean they ARE William's family also. :)

Even though this wedding will draw more press coverage, in state terms, its importance pales in comparison to Prince Albert's. Albert is a reigning sovereign while William is only second-in-line for the throne.

April or May wedding at the Abbey. No July wedding. Too close to Albert's and she can't have everything be just like Diana's. Not sure about designer but someone British. A tiara that has been in the vaults will make a comeback! I hope she wears her hair up for once...you need a fuller coif for those tiaras.

I know people have been back and forth about Catherine getting Diana's ring. I guess if she isn't superstitious, it is a beautiful ring. Also, given the economy and the "expenses" of the monarchy, it makes sense that they might avoid getting a new ring, especially when you have such lovely pieces in the family.

I still think she will choose a British designer. My vote would be 100% for Phillipa Lepley, whose exquisite use of lace would be just stunning with Kate's delicate features. There are other British designers who are doing absolutely beautiful work- Bruce Oldfield's 2010 collection is a perfect mix of modern and formal. Emma Hunt is more romantic and simple, with the straight silhouette that Kate seems to prefer. Sassi Holford did a lovely job on Autumn Kelly's dress and Elaine Closs, Jasper Conran, Alice Temperley, and Jenny Packham would all come up with something amazing, no doubt.

Kate's fashion seems to be more streamlined and classic, with a modern twist. I really don't see her wearing Vivienne Westwood or Stella McCartney.

Here are my guesses:
Date: mid May (before the Queen leaves for June at Windsor and the summer at Balmoral)
Dress by: Phillipa Lepley
Tiara: Strathmore
Music: Abbey choir and organ. I think we might hear Diana's favourite hymn "I vow to Thee, My Country"
Supporters: Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry. A few children as well- Prince Constantine of Greece (William's godson), maybe Louise Wessex or Camilla's granddaughters (Lola Parker Bowles and Eliza Lopes)

Last edited:
I can't to see what dress Kate will wear and the other royals. Whatever she chooses she'll be a beautiful bride. And it'll be an amazing wedding since the BRF is great at putting on a great show for the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom