Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ they have invited 1000 private guests?? thats a lot!

More invite details: Invitations arrive for Royal wedding - Telegraph

A royal aide said: "Ultimately who would be attending the Palace reception was the couple's choice. It will be a mixture of their friends, people who are known personally to the Royal family and members of the foreign Royal families. There will not be many people present who are there just by dint of their office. The couple were also keen to keep the evening reception intimate."

There will be two versions of the invitation sent to guests for day-time events - one inviting them to the ceremony at the Abbey only and another also including details of the Buckingham Palace reception. A separate invitation will be sent to the couple's close friends and family for the dinner.

Members of the late Diana, Princess of Wales's family are also expected to attend the entire day, including her elder sisters Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and her three children, the Prince's cousins Emily, George and Celia to whom he is close. Earl Spencer, Prince William's uncle, is also expected to attend with his new fiancee, Karen Gordon.

I dunno why it is maybe it's just me but the way these articles are written the dinner reception sounds so boring somehow I cannot picture any dancing the way it's written lol but obviously there will be since that's what the press release said. Question where in the world would this reception be held at BP somewhere where there is a dance floor I take it?

I dunno why it is maybe it's just me but the way these articles are written the dinner reception sounds so boring somehow I cannot picture any dancing the way it's written lol but obviously there will be since that's what the press release said. Question where in the world would this reception be held at BP somewhere where there is a dance floor I take it?

Not just a dance floor, an entire Ballroom!!:lol:

:previous::previous: She might wear a hat as she leaves for her honeymoon. Diana did...Sarah did not...can't recall Sophie.

But with Diana and Sarah the laeaving in the honeymoon was in the afternoon after the Wedding breakfast whioch can not happen this time as there is the dinner and ball in the evening.

It's this room right? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/27/article-0-0210E28700000578-712_468x327_popup.jpg

I still don't see where they'd have room to dance I dunno why I can't see it maybe it's just the picture that's making it hard to imagine.

That room is the formal dining room not the ballroom. It's got carpet on the floor! You can't dance on a carpeted floor! The ballroom has a wooden floor and no sideboards at the walls when food dishes are kept. They could very easily eat on one room and then open out into the ballroom where a band is stationed to play the night away. (This is what happened at the Swedish royal wedding last year, the final royal guests were see leaving at 4am! It was a good night!)

I would have liked to have a ball for a reception and with 40 crowned heads attending. Any chance of tiaras in the evening?

I`m a bit confused - the article says that 40 crowned heads (I guess Kings and Queens) have been invited and then it says 40 members of foreign royalty which is not the same. If 40 is the number, then it`s not much, is it?

I`m a bit confused - the article says that 40 crowned heads (I guess Kings and Queens) have been invited and then it says 40 members of foreign royalty which is not the same. If 40 is the number, then it`s not much, is it?

I was thinking the same!

I suppose there's no chance he would wear his KG robes?

While more recent precedent makes it unlikely, you're not being completely out there. The future Edward VII wore his garter robes to his wedding in 1863.

Here is the list of countries from the Commonwealth whose gouvernor general and/or prime ministers are likely to join the celebration at westminster abbeye (60 representatives will be there from those countries)
  • South Africa
  • Botswana
  • Cameroun
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Kenya
  • Malawi
  • Mauritus
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • Nigeria
  • Ouganda
  • Rwanda
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Swaziland
  • Tanzania
  • Zambia
  • Antigua
  • Bahamas
  • Barbade
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Saint-Dominique
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaïque
  • Saint-Christophe
  • Sainte-Lucie
  • Grenadines
  • Trinité and Tobago
  • Bengladesh
  • Brunei
  • India
  • Malaisia
  • Maldives
  • Singapour
  • Sri Lanka
  • Chypre
  • Malta
  • Australia
  • Fidji
  • Kiribati
  • Nauru
  • New-Zeland
  • Papouasie - Nouvelle Guinée
  • Salomon

Some links. And one info to put in the prewedding : Prime minister of new zealand just announced he and the governor general of new zealand are very happy to attend and to meet again william on the 29 april (not exactly his words but I almost forgot, see the new zealand press).

Gillard scores invitation to Royal wedding - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Royal invite for Surie

Cable networks plan flood of royal wedding shows || OnlineAthens.com

Thank you, Princess Robijn :) So it`s 40 foreign royals. I guess each royal family will be represented by one couple only? Well, it makes sense since to the recent royal weddings the BRF sent only one or two reprentatives (Prince Charles for the Spanish wedding, Edward and Sophie for the Danish or Swedish wedding etc.)

on twitter it was confirmed that the Beckhams were invited: "@HilaryAlexander David + Victoria Beckham have been invited to the Royal Wedding "

More invite details: Invitations arrive for Royal wedding - Telegraph

Members of the late Diana, Princess of Wales's family are also expected to attend the entire day, including her elder sisters Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and her three children, the Prince's cousins Emily, George and Celia to whom he is close. Earl Spencer, Prince William's uncle, is also expected to attend with his new fiancee, Karen Gordon.

I don't know how much store we can set by expectations; wasn't Sarah Ferguson expected to receive an invitation?

Here is the list of countries from the Commonwealth whose gouvernor general and/or prime ministers are likely to join the celebration at westminster abbeye (60 representatives will be there from those countries)
Not all of these Commonwealth countries have the Queen as the Head of State and so don't have a Governor-General!!!! For example South Africa and India are both republics, they have presidents, not a governor general. There are 15 Commonwealth countries that have a governor-general, so don't know where the number 60 comes from. Although I saw one suggestion, that retired Governors-general could be invited. Or, Australia has state governors, maybe they are being invited along with the Governor-General. That bumps up the number, do the individual Canadian provinces each have a governor?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have premiers for each province, as well as a Leiutenant-Governor (a provincial level Governor-General). I could see the GG or the PM being invited (or perhaps both?), but definitely not the Premiers or LGs.

President Obama didn't receive an invitation but neither did President Sarkozy.

Charlotte1 said:
Not all of these Commonwealth countries have the Queen as the Head of State and so don't have a Governor-General!!!! For example South Africa and India are both republics, they have presidents, not a governor general. There are 15 Commonwealth countries that have a governor-general, so don't know where the number 60 comes from. Although I saw one suggestion, that retired Governors-general could be invited. Or, Australia has state governors, maybe they are being invited along with the Governor-General. That bumps up the number, do the individual Canadian provinces each have a governor?

I thought the announcement said the numbers included spouses so 15 governor generals plus spouse gives you 30. Plus the prime ministers from those countries gives you 60.

All the numbers quoted say over..... So that could allow for a few others

So Commonwealth PMs and/or GGs. Cool!. That takes care of 60+ guests. I'm excited to find out who the 40+ foreign royals are!! :)

4Pam said:
So how is Kate the oldest then? :bang:

She's not.... The press just keep re-reporting this and it seems to have 'stuck as fact' but it's not true.....

I know it's been said, but it is stunning that the Obama's will not be invited. I can't imagine they would overshadow the event, but it's definitely a weird statement to send out. They are one of the most (if not the most) prominent couple in the world.

Zembla...it looks like not every head of state was invited. Which is quite right IMO. I don't think the Obama's feel slighted. William is the heir's heir. Its more important to pay attention to the couple's friends and family as well as members of the Commonwealth.

Do you know how much people were invited to princess victoria wedding and how much for the reception after the wedding?

I have the answer to my question : 1100 in the cathedral, 600 for the reception after the wedding

Why would Marie-Chantal not be invited with CP Pavlos and his parents? I know some people really don't consider her royal, but could this really be the reason?

Who said she wasn't invited? I haven't heard she wasn't invited. Since she is Pavlos's wife...it would be rude to invite one without the other. In addition to William being the godfather of her eldest son.

Of the royals invited I think its going to be heirs and not too many monarchs. So from Denmark I would expect to see Frederik/Mary or Joachim/Marie, Victoria and Daniel from Sweden, Felipe and Letizia from Spain, WA and Maxima from the Netherlands, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom