Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
;);)
I had the same impression! Of course, the only video I've seen of William walking ahead is that video of the two of them at William's RAF ceremony (w/ Kate in the white jacket). But it really just seems as if they're walking as quickly as possible away from the media, and William is faster. :lol:

He also used to walk out of doors three steps ahead of her you can find it in alot of photos of them.. like I said before I always thought it was to insure that pictures of them were harder to get.... ;)

Grace Van Cutsem is only three! I hope Kate knows what she is doing; I wouldn't rely on a three year-old to manage as a bridesmaid!
Pippa is no surprise; and Lady Louise Windsor and Margarita Armstrong-Jones will be a good match, they're about the same age.

But I would be very leery of the three year-old, that's too young!

Mirabel said:
Grace Van Cutsem is only three! I hope Kate knows what she is doing; I wouldn't rely on a three year-old to manage as a bridesmaid!
Pippa is no surprise; and Lady Louise Windsor and Margarita Armstrong-Jones will be a good match, they're about the same age.

So Lady Louise and Margarita are bridesmaids?? Aww...that would be very cute if they are! You don't really see either of them so that would be a treat!

I agree with you though, three is too young for a bridesmaid!!

Royal wedding: Queen's youngest grandddaughter to be bridesmaid - mirror.co.uk

Kate Middleton has chosen the Queen’s youngest granddaughter Louise as one of her bridesmaids.

Kate is thought to have chosen four bridesmaids. As well as Louise and her sister Pippa, 27, it is expected that Viscount Linley’s daughter Margarita Armstrong-Jones, eight, and three-year-old Grace van Cutsem will accompany the bride.

Sophie¿s little Lady Louise picked as royal bridesmaid | Mail Online

I like the choices but I must question the need for the following comment: 'They don’t want to offend anyone and don’t want to leave anyone out.’ They are including Wessex, Linley and Chatto along with Pippa's family - fine but let's not make a comment like not wanting to leave anyone out when one branch of the family are being left out apparently. The Yorks - I know they are older and I am not surprised but it is the comment in the article I am taking issue with and not the apparent decision of William and Kate.

If true, I am a little surprised by the people. Not by the actual names but the fact that there aren't more people in the bridal party...no Spencers (which isn't a biggie IMO) but more importantly, no representation from the Middleton side other than Pippa. They have no little cousins or family friends?

I guess we shall see if its true.

ETA: Margarita is 8! Gosh has it been eight years already since Princess Margaret died?

Last edited:
If true, I am a little surprised by the people. Not by the actual names but the fact that there aren't more people in the bridal party...no Spencers (which isn't a biggie IMO) but more importantly, no representation from the Middleton side other than Pippa. They have no little cousins or family friends?

I guess we shall see if its true.

ETA: Margarita is 8! Gosh has it been eight years already since Princess Margaret died?

It has actually been 9 years. She died in 2002 a few days after the 50th anniversary of the death of her father - 9th February, 2002.

Margarita will be 9 on 14th May this year.

I was a bridesmaid for my Uncle when I was 3. No idea if I was good or if I caused havoc as I can't remember it at all! :lol:

The announcement of the children who will be in the wedding got me thinking again about William's uniform. I do think he should wear the uniform of the service in which he is actively serving even though it's a bit plain. But if the girls wear sashes of the same green and perhaps Catherine carries alot of green in her flowers, it can be made to look stunning.

The announcement of the children who will be in the wedding got me thinking again about William's uniform. I do think he should wear the uniform of the service in which he is actively serving even though it's a bit plain. But if the girls wear sashes of the same green and perhaps Catherine carries alot of green in her flowers, it can be made to look stunning.

This announcement makes me wondering - will there be any role left for Catherine's brother James? It gives me sort of a 'left out' feeling, but that could be just me.

Green? I thought the RAF uniform is a sort of blue-gray color.

This announcement makes me wondering - will there be any role left for Catherine's brother James? It gives me sort of a 'left out' feeling, but that could be just me.

Perhaps James will be one of William's Supporters?

But I'm pleased about Lady Louise and the fact that she is said to be so ecstatic about being a bridesmaid.
(It's fine for her parents to be protective, but I think it's a mistake to keep her from being photographed because of a slight defect; that's the way to make her self-conscious and uncomfortable, imo.)

I hope she has a wonderful experience at the wedding!

Yes fascinating method of discerning the seriousness and rudeness of the relationship because William has systematically done this and she trails behind.It shows a lack of respect. or that he is in hurry and has to move fast all the time. I need not see a picture of the Middletons- they have no psychological appeal- but what you see now- the void and abstruse Catherine is what will may be later.

Systematically? There are a few clips and/or pictures where William is walking ahead of Catherine out of hundreds of photographs and a few dozen videos of them walking together. The bottom line is that in most of these photos and video's they are either walking side by side or with other people in proximity to each other. You can say it's rude or disrespectful that he did it a few times, however to use those few instances as the summation of his disregard or disrespect to Catherine or to claim that there is a void in their relationship is a profound exaggeration IMO.

Most royal brides have out of courtesy given out the name of the gown's designer- Princess Anne gave Susan Small; the Queen gave out the name Hartnell;etc.. It would be fascinating if Catherine would do something to make contact?????????????? but the false snobbery of her behaviour has the identification of many and following I see..

The Queen and Princess Ann did not get married in a time where the media crossed the boundaries and would go to any length to get photos and details about the dress. The fact that she wants to keep the designer a secret until the big day is understandable and what is best for the person she chose. The Emmanuel's were bombarded by the media and had to go to extreme lengths to keep the design a secret when it was leaked that they were the designers of Diana's dress. It has nothing to do with "snobbery". It's practical and necessary considering the intense media interest on this wedding.

Because she has shown no interest to at least reciprocate something about herself or her impending nuptials to the masses.She lacks "charm" and "warmth" and has the presumption of censorship to be absolutely without a word after the ring went on.That is interpreted as discretion evidently.

It's irrational to accuse her of lacking "charm" and "warmth" simply because she isn't giving personal interviews to divulge more about herself and releasing details about the designer, receptions, etc... The question shouldn't be "why isn't she?" but rather, "why WOULD she?" We will all have plenty of opportunities to get to know Catherine after she is married. No bride or groom marrying into the RF has given personal interviews prior to ther wedding day. Therefore, why is Catherine obligated to?

QUOTE]
I do not want to know her ice cream tastes but does Catherine know the arts or have any philanthropic or humanitarian leanings?I think this is reasonable to divulge.

You want to know if she knows the arts? She graduated with a 2:1 Honors degree in the History of Art. I imagine she knows more than you may about the subject. As for her philanthropic and humanitarian leanings, has there been any other bride/groom marrying into the Royal family who has been required to state those prior to the marriage? Again, why is there such unreasonable expectations for Catherine?

QUOTE]The DOC was more exciting at this point than Catherine as the day approached.Catherine has been "static" since the betrothal; like a cardboard figure.jmo

In what way was Camilla more exciting at the same point leading up to her wedding than Catherine? I don't understand this statement unless you are referring to her scandalous past with PoW. Please explain.

Do you think this shows that William and Louise have a close relationship? IMO it does as stated obviously in the Mail, if they didn't I am sure Prince Edward would have convinced Will and Kate otherwise to choose someone else, with Edwards obvious dislike of the media shine on Louise.

Maybe I am just silly, I don't know. Haha.

Sophie¿s little Lady Louise picked as royal bridesmaid | Mail Online

I like the choices but I must question the need for the following comment: 'They don’t want to offend anyone and don’t want to leave anyone out.’ They are including Wessex, Linley and Chatto along with Pippa's family - fine but let's not make a comment like not wanting to leave anyone out when one branch of the family are being left out apparently. The Yorks - I know they are older and I am not surprised but it is the comment in the article I am taking issue with and not the apparent decision of William and Kate.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie will be asked to do a reading at the service.
I don't think it's any big deal, if Mummy York gets an invite that will be more than enough to keep Papa York, Beatrice and Eugenie happy.

Last edited:
According to me it is blue-gray. I can't find an ounce of green in it.

Can you explain what you meant, csw?

Oh I just thought it looked like a pale olive green in the picture I saw. I concede to glue-gray. Whatever color it is, I would like to see it picked up in the colors worn by the little girls.

oops - I mean blue-gray not glue gray :-/ Not only is my eyesight going, so apparently, is my ability to type

Last edited:
I don't think the invitations have actually gone out, but it was explained in an interesting article I read last fall that when it comes to royals and heads of state, inquiries are made in advance as to whether a given person or group of people would be available and likely to attend. Apparently, the Palace does not send out invitations without being reasonably certain that a prominent figure will accept, and of course such people -- especially heads of state and their spouses -- do need to make plans well in advance.

Since this is apparently not an official state occasion, I don't know how many non-royal heads of state, if any, might be invited, and I suspect that only royals with whom the British royals have a fairly close relationship have been tiped to "save the date". Prince William is the godfather, for example, of Prince Pavlos of Greece's eldest son. I remember the baptism ceremony.

Seeing as the invitations are coming from HM The Queen, all heads of states and Crown Princely couples will have been invited more than likely.
The Crown Princely Couple of Yugoslavia/Serbia have confirmed their attendance, they must have recieved and invite to accept? :)

How many people does the church hold??
I can't wait to see which celebrities are attending.

They send out "save the dates" to other royals and Head of States. Then they send out the invitations which will have just been sent out or will be soon. I'm still hoping that Michelle Obama gets an invite, I know the Queen wld want to invite her. I would just love to see her in a nice tifter. One can hope...

How many people does the church hold??
I can't wait to see which celebrities are attending.

The Abbey has a capacity of 2,000, although during the Queen's coronation in 1953, tiers and galleries were installed to seat 8,200 people.
I do hope they invite celebrities as friends, not just for the sake of it.

Oh my that's a lot of people!
I hope they invite Michelle Obama...I don't understand why they wouldn't. If you can invite the Beckhams you can surely invite the president and first lady.

I wonder too if they'll invite some celebs because of their fame. I believe there were some celebs invited to Diana's funeral who didn't really know her personally...so maybe Kate and Will will do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom