Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is a nice dress, my opinion is it looks nothing like anything Kate would wear. Also reminds me of a much older persons look it puts me in mind of PM gown with the shape of the neck. I would love to see Kate in something more like this:
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011...b92be2eaa_wedding_dress_with_lace_sleeves.jpg

Yes, I agree with you, the other dress is lovely but looks a bit mature for Kate, IMO. I think something similar to the one you posted would suit her better - I've been hoping she'll do something with lace sleeves.

Ahhh ... its great to have a do nothing ordinary kind of day.

Went looking around and there really isn't much out there that isn't strapless or alluding to strapless gowns but I did find one dress that I think would look regal on Kate. I have *no* idea who the designer is as its kind of generic picture. It would be perfect too for any kind of weather that April deems to throw on the day too. What do you all think?

http://www.weddingblue.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/long-sleeve-wedding-dress.jpg

LOL- some of us are snowbound! (I haven't left the house in two days).

That dress is quite attractive but I think I'd prefer something a bit more ornate.

Osipi, that is the Darius Cordell "leaf" gown. Stunning!

Lady Anne, this is not an old person's gown. It is a sophisticated person's gown. Kate isn't 22.

Well, apparently she thinks otherwise and I agree with her. It looks like a gown for an older person to me. Someone of 30+, Catherine is not yet.

And no, Catherine is not 22 anymore, but also not "old enough" to wear a gown like that. Oh well, opinions can vary :)

Well, apparently she thinks otherwise and I agree with her. It looks like a gown for an older person to me. Someone of 30+, Catherine is not yet.

And no, Catherine is not 22 anymore, but also not "old enough" to wear a gown like that. Oh well, opinions can vary :)

Ah.. so that's the leaf gown eh? It wasn't identified where I found it. Maybe it is a bit too matronly for Kate. I just thought it had a sense of "regal" to it.

Back to the drawing browser. hehe

Skippy, Catherine is 29; pretty close to your 30+. However, it will be interesting to see what she decides to wear.

I don't know if this has been posted.

Royal Engagement Rings: A Look Back - AisleDash

How do you think Kate's ring (once Diana's) compares with other royal engagement rings?
I happen to think it's eye-catching, but I would prefer a diamond like Sophie's.

Maybe its just me but I think actually Kate's ring along with Sarah's looks more like a cocktail ring rather than an engagement ring. I think of all of those pictured in the article above, I prefer Victoria's solitaire diamond ring the best. 2nd choice would be Sophie's and 3rd is Camilla's. I have a similar style ring as Kate and Sarah's but its diamonds around an opal and it just doesn't look right with a wedding band.

KATE'S GOWN:

Darius Cordell won't be in the running for the gown's design, but he, IMO, has a real knack for the design of wedding gowns. The first one in his collection would be my choice, second would be the gown shown in a wine color, but in a cream or ivory with an lace overlay on the collar. I just love his designs, although I understand he may have problems with follow-through. However, I still contend that his designs are lovely and since he won't be in the running for Kate's design, it's moot.

See them here: Designer Wedding Dresses & Couture Bridal Gowns by Darius Cordell designs
I like B5064 a lot (in the first row of dresses, it's 4th from the right). The skirt is full, but not huge 1981 proportions, and I think that would show off her figure nicely since she is so slim in the hips. I personally like the champagne color, but think she would/should go for a creamy white. It kind of reminds me of Grace Kelly.

This is the first gallery I have seen that spans the ages, tastes, weather and status of the bride.

And yes, the leaf is absolutely fabulous. I think anyone would feel like a princess wearing almost any of his bridal collection.

I have to disagree. There are some stunning dresses in this designers portfolio, but this one would suit her the least. Kate has a beautiful petite figure. A dress with this heavy fabric and bulky silouette would be too much on her IMO. To me this style and fabric looks matronly rather than classy and sophisticated. It would suit Camilla far better than Kate.

I like B5064 a lot (in the first row of dresses, it's 4th from the right). The skirt is full, but not huge 1981 proportions, and I think that would show off her figure nicely since she is so slim in the hips. I personally like the champagne color, but think she would/should go for a creamy white. It kind of reminds me of Grace Kelly.

For a princess style skirt, I like the light flowing fabric on this one. Although I would prefer to see her in something that is more form fitting to her body and with a train. I love the victorian influenced desgns, and she has the figure to carry it off. It will be exciting to see what style she has chosen the her big day.

I have to disagree. There are some stunning dresses in this designers portfolio, but this one would suit her the least. Kate has a beautiful petite figure. A dress with this heavy fabric and bulky silouette would be too much on her IMO. To me this style and fabric looks matronly rather than classy and sophisticated. It would suit Camilla far better than Kate.
One thing my last outing looking for wedding dresses for one of my neices taught me was that nothing is absolute.

She has naturally blonde hair and very fair, almost translucent skin. We all thought she would be totally washed out by winter white and were looking for ivory etc. When she tried on this beautiful dress we all remarked on how beautiful it was and how fabulous it would look walking up the aisle but, she had totally disappeared. Same sort of deal with style.

She ended up in winter white and a style so far removed from the original plan as to be from another planet!

So, wedding dresses have their own rules, the first being that you abandon all pre-conceived ideas and that every absolute about the colour, style and shape of dress you believe . . . . . is out the window! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Okay I think I've figured it out. Edmund Spencer and Lara Spencer (children of Earl Spencer) will be the Spencer children in the wedding. Edmund is 7 and Lara will be 5 by wedding day. If they're using little people, it's likely this is the way the Spencers will be recognized. Also, possibly Viscount Althorp as well as he will be 16 by the wedding day.

Okay I think I've figured it out. Edmund Spencer and Lara Spencer (children of Earl Spencer) will be the Spencer children in the wedding. Edmund is 7 and Lara will be 5 by wedding day. If they're using little people, it's likely this is the way the Spencers will be recognized. Also, possibly Viscount Althorp as well as he will be 16 by the wedding day.

It seems unlikkely that they'd have so many Spencers, though.
Won't they want to share the honors?

How are 2 Spencers so many?

I would think if the bridal party is to include children, the total might go as high as 6, so that might be 2 Spencers, 2 Windsors and if the Middleton's have young cousins, it can include 2 of them as well.

Laura Fellowes was a bridesmaid for Andrew and Sarah with William, and she had no direct connection to the bride of the groom.

I think it's very nice that Westminster's bells will ring after the wedding -- I bet that'll sound just lovely. Who doesn't want a chorus of ringing bells after they get married?

I had thought that it was obvious to have the bells ringing after the wedding. In any case after a royal wedding. Is it that special?

No, I don't think so. I thought that it was a matter of course.:flowers:

I had thought that it was obvious to have the bells ringing after the wedding. In any case after a royal wedding. Is it that special?

I just thought it was cool, because they seem to have very few days per year where they are scheduled to ring. Also, if they do a full peal, which takes 3 hours, I think that's pretty unique and special. They even put together a plaque for the occasion. :cool:

I just thought it was cool, because they seem to have very few days per year where they are scheduled to ring. Also, if they do a full peal, which takes 3 hours, I think that's pretty unique and special. They even put together a plaque for the occasion. :cool:
I was in London for Andrew & Sarah's wedding. The bells rang for a long time afterward (I don't remember how long.... maybe an hour at most). It was the coolest sounding thing ever. Living in the USA, I had never heard bells ringing all over the city at the same time. It was very cool! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom