Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. I wonder if the bride knew about the tattoo before she chose the dresses. I would have made it a condition that the makeup artist got to cover the 'artwork'.

I hope she knew, it was a nasty tattoo to begin with. Make up artists can cover them up but it takes ages to cover up tattoos

catherine doesnt strike me as being to terrriblely daring in her dress. with it being in april, wont it still be cool? hopefully she will have a back and long sleeves so she can beat the weather.

IMO I've always loved sleeveless hopefully I'm not too tacky and inappropriate. Anyways I don't care what Kate wears long as she's happy. But I wish they'd tell us the designer for god's sake.

Wills in a wedding snub to the stars | The Sun |News

5,000 people? I'm laughing over the fact, if true, that they're agonizing over inviting 2,000 people personally. Who on earth knows 2,000 people?

(I hope this "no stars" policy means that Peter Andre isn't invited. Come on.)

@ghost_night554 I like sleeveless dresses as well. It's all in how you do it. :)

They're likely not telling the name of the designer so that the designer can work in peace. Pandemonium will break out if the press finds out who it is.

I wouldn't say that sleeveless is tacky and inappropriate at all. It think that, as far as strapless goes, it's just that it's been "done to death." There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it's been so popular that it's getting wearisome.

I'm sure your groom will think that you'll look like a princess no matter what, ghost_night.;):flowers:

IMO I've always loved sleeveless hopefully I'm not too tacky and inappropriate. Anyways I don't care what Kate wears long as she's happy. But I wish they'd tell us the designer for god's sake.

They're likely not telling the name of the designer so that the designer can work in peace. Pandemonium will break out if the press finds out who it is.

I wouldn't say that sleeveless is tacky and inappropriate at all. It think that, as far as strapless goes, it's just that it's been "done to death." There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it's been so popular that it's getting wearisome.

I'm sure your groom will think that you'll look like a princess no matter what, ghost_night.;):flowers:
aww thank you Mermaid :flowers:

@ghost_night554 I like sleeveless dresses as well. It's all in how you do it. :)
I agree with you too, sleeveless has been done to death but if you wear it right it could be very beautiful

Btw has this been posted?
A spokesman for Clarence House, the official residence of Prince Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall, William and his brother, Prince Harry, told the Star Tuesday that William will be wearing a military uniform. He hasn’t, however, settled on which one.
“He will be wearing a military uniform. He’s entitled to wear one. . . he hasn’t decided on which one yet,” Paddy Harverson said.
Prince William to wed in military uniform, but not sure which one - thestar.com

Last edited:

How on earth can they describe the wife of a King's grandson as 'semi-royal'? Like Kate will on the 29th April she became royal when she married HRH Prince Michael of Kent. At that time Kate's relationship to the monarch will be the same as Princess Michael's - wife of a male line grandson of a monarch. Sure William is closer to the throne but Princess Michael is just a royal as Kate will be.

That being said I just don't think this is right. It would be a huge snub and I simply can't see the Queen allowing a situation that shows an open rift within the family to be made public.

We all have the relative 'from hell' but we all have to invite them to weddings etc as that is what families do. If Princess Micheal wasn't invited then surely Prince Michael, Lord Frederick and his wife and Lady Gabriella at least wouldn't attend. Possibly even some of the other Kents might refuse the invitation - in support of a member of their closer family.

How on earth can they describe the wife of a King's grandson as 'semi-royal'?

Especially as she was already a noble according to the nobility laws of her country when she married Prince Michael and had some Royal ancestors (though far removed). But that's the Independant for you: why on earth should Charles use the word "Weltanschauung" at a dinner party when there is a better English words for it : philosophy, conviction, ideology, worldVision, View of life.... choose! :flowers:

Plus Princess Michael is quite liked in European noble and Royal circles and attends private events with her peers, so this alone could mean her not attending the Royal wedding would cause some consternation with the higher ranked guests from Europe.

So I believe this is republican nonsense.

I think almost all the news in the papers at the moment is simply speculation on their part. It's so contradictory all the time, one moment the guestlist has the Beckhams, Elton John, Peter Andre (?!), Paul McCartney & so on & the next minute the same papers say that no celebs will be invited & homeless people will be there & members if the public & charity workers, it'll be the "People's Wedding"! Meh I'm taking everything I read about these wedding plans with a huge mound of salt as quite frankly I think they are just making stuff up in order to write something/anything about the wedding.

catherine doesnt strike me as being to terrriblely daring in her dress. with it being in april, wont it still be cool? hopefully she will have a back and long sleeves so she can beat the weather.

Even if it is a warm and sunny March/April, any church will still be cold, heating or not. So in order to enjoy her big day she better settles for a winter dress. Sort of basis dress for the reception and dancing, over it an over dress part with sleeves for the wedding service and a coat for the trip to the church and for the balcony later on. And a similar design for the brides maids. As catherine is not the first winter/spring bride, she surely will find a design that appeals to her and keeps her warm.

That article seems inaccurate; first it says that William has not decided which uniform he will wear, and then it says he'll wear the RAF uniform.

Also, didn't Prince Charles get married in a Navy Commander's uniform, not the RAF? Or am I not remembering accurately?

Yes, when Charles the first time he wore his Navy uniform.

I can see why William would be undecided which uniform to wear as the RAF uniform, although dashing, doesn't really look overly formal enough for this type of a wedding. It *is* the uniform of the service though where he is currently serving and I'd imagine he'd be proud of that. Both William and Harry could wear the Household Calvary uniform and that would look great for the pictures and it is, to me, the most formal looking of all the military uniforms.

Seems William is having as much as a problem as us girls do sometimes.
"What to wear! What to wear!" :bang:

I'll believe it when I see it (or not see Princess Michael at the wedding).

I really like the train on Eva Longoria's wedding dress. The rest of it is kind of blah....... but the train would look wonderful on Kate. I couldn't find a good enough picture, but here is the First Look at Eva Longoria’s Wedding Gown--Backseat Cuddler designers drawing.

I can't say anything nice about that illustration, except it would make a stunning showgirl dress.

Last edited:

I am really surprised at this bit of reporting (if it is to be taken as good reporting and not just surmising) that Princess Michael and family would be excluded from the wedding. It could very well be that the POW has less than warm feelings for her and IIRC, Diana didn't get along with her too well either, but I don't see why they would exclude the Kents in a very obvious internal family snub. This just not sound like something William and Kate would do.

My bet is that we'll see all the Kents there at the wedding with bells on.

KATE'S GOWN:

Darius Cordell won't be in the running for the gown's design, but he, IMO, has a real knack for the design of wedding gowns. The first one in his collection would be my choice, second would be the gown shown in a wine color, but in a cream or ivory with an lace overlay on the collar. I just love his designs, although I understand he may have problems with follow-through. However, I still contend that his designs are lovely and since he won't be in the running for Kate's design, it's moot.

See them here: Designer Wedding Dresses & Couture Bridal Gowns by Darius Cordell designs

Last edited:
I am really surprised at this bit of reporting (if it is to be taken as good reporting and not just surmising) that Princess Michael and family would be excluded from the wedding. It could very well be that the POW has less than warm feelings for her and IIRC, Diana didn't get along with her too well either, but I don't see why they would exclude the Kents in a very obvious internal family snub. This just not sound like something William and Kate would do.

My bet is that we'll see all the Kents there at the wedding with bells on.

The Kents to my understanding were Diana's next door neighbor at Kensington Palace. And when Diana lost her HRH title, I believe that Princess Michael wrote her a very nice note so I wouldn't go with the Diana didn't get along with her theory.

Furthermore, the Kents are a part of the BRF so I totally agree with your sentiment that they will be invited to the wedding. They were invited to Charles and Camilla's so why wouldn't they be at William and Kate's? The Queen is not going to snub her cousin's wife not matter what everyone else thinks of her. I think you will even see Katharine, Duchess of Kent at the wedding as well.

I just chalk these stories as having no truth to them whatsoever.

KATE'S GOWN:

Darius Cordell won't be in the running for the gown's design, but he, IMO, has a real knack for the design of wedding gowns. The first one in his collection would be my choice, second would be the gown shown in a wine color, but in a cream or ivory with an lace overlay on the collar. I just love his designs, although I understand he may have problems with follow-through. However, I still contend that his designs are lovely and since he won't be in the running for Kate's design, it's moot.

See them here: Designer Wedding Dresses & Couture Bridal Gowns by Darius Cordell designs

I really like his designs too! Don't ask me why but going through the slideshow for these dresses, the image of Maria's dress from the Sound of Music popped into my head. I'd really not be surprised at all if Kate goes for the more demure young bride look similar to Maria's.

Maria In Her Wedding Dress - The Sound of Music Fan Art (7601735) - Fanpop

I really like his designs too! Don't ask me why but going through the slideshow for these dresses, the image of Maria's dress from the Sound of Music popped into my head. I'd really not be surprised at all if Kate goes for the more demure young bride look similar to Maria's.

Maria In Her Wedding Dress - The Sound of Music Fan Art (7601735) - Fanpop

I was looking through the slide show and saw a dress with gold stitching making elaves, i think. that would be the perfect style for her.

Osipi, you have a good eye and a great memory! Maria's gown is very much like Mr. Cordell's design in wine. Nearly identical, except Maria's has an up collar.

In case anyone thinks I might be plugging Mr. Cordell, I'm not. I've never purchased a gown from him nor do I know him, I just like his designs.

Last edited:
Osipi, you have a good eye and a great memory! Maria's gown is very much like Mr. Cordell's design in wine. Nearly identical, except Maria's has an up collar.

In case anyone thinks I might be plugging Mr. Cordell, I'm not. I've never purchased a gown from him nor do I know him, I just like his designs.

What I like is the simplicity of most of the designs and most look very suitable for a cathedral wedding such as this one is going to be. I don't think we really want to see Kate in something where the dress becomes more of the focal point rather than the bride itself. This again is another reason why I think she'll go with a simple demure look and let her own natural radiance shine through. Unlike many brides, she doesn't need to have something shocking or outlandish or humungous to draw attention to herself.

As someone mentioned before, it seems many Bridezillas are going all out to make the dress the focal point and draw attention to themselves. I glanced at the show yesterday for a while and this one bride I swear was dressing either for a costume party or to stand on the corner of a busy intersection. Sheeesh! :eek:

Ahhh ... its great to have a do nothing ordinary kind of day.

Went looking around and there really isn't much out there that isn't strapless or alluding to strapless gowns but I did find one dress that I think would look regal on Kate. I have *no* idea who the designer is as its kind of generic picture. It would be perfect too for any kind of weather that April deems to throw on the day too. What do you all think?

http://www.weddingblue.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/long-sleeve-wedding-dress.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh ... its great to have a do nothing ordinary kind of day.

Went looking around and there really isn't much out there that isn't strapless or alluding to strapless gowns but I did find one dress that I think would look regal on Kate. I have *no* idea who the designer is as its kind of generic picture. It would be perfect too for any kind of weather that April deems to throw on the day too. What do you all think?

http://www.weddingblue.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/long-sleeve-wedding-dress.jpg

While this is a nice dress, my opinion is it looks nothing like anything Kate would wear. Also reminds me of a much older persons look it puts me in mind of PM gown with the shape of the neck. I would love to see Kate in something more like this:
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011...b92be2eaa_wedding_dress_with_lace_sleeves.jpg

Last edited:
EEEK! I know this isn't really related to this thread but I finally got a letter back from William and Kate (well not them personally but still!)

Btw to Mermaid's comment earlier I never thought for a second how chaotic it would become if the announcer was announced.

Osipi, that is the Darius Cordell "leaf" gown. Stunning!

Lady Anne, this is not an old person's gown. It is a sophisticated person's gown. Kate isn't 22.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom