Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also should have the common decency to consult with the person paying for it to make sure that the arrangements can actually take place.

If they want to plan it as they see fit then they should pay for it themselves and not expect someone else to pay for something about which they haven't been consulted.

Assuming that the report is even right in the first place.
RIGHT ON I agree!

It is actually Fergie because of her position in the royal family who should by right be offered the privilege of organising royal wedding. Camilla Parker Bowles because of her true position could have been asked by Fergie to assist with invite. It is Clarence House. Queen has final say (on invit ee) if she or he chooses. :previous:

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Who is Fergie? The only Fergie I know of is Sarah Ferguson.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Who is Fergie? The only Fergie I know of is Sarah Ferguson.

I think the poster does mean Sarah Ferguson, aka "Fergie", but I still don't understand, like others here, what she has to do with William's wedding - much less organising it.

I think the poster does mean Sarah Ferguson, aka "Fergie", but I still don't understand, like others here, what she has to do with William's wedding - much less organising it.

I think actually like I do a lot of times, she's got her royals a bit confused and was thinking Fergie was the mother of the groom rather than the ex aunt. Its very possible for someone relatively new to really following the BRF to confuse Diana and Sarah and their children.

BTW: Welcome to the Royal Forums Somersby Tulip! Stick with us, you'll be an expert on all this confusion in no time. :flowers:

First things first I would not take whatever is written in the press as fact unless you literally have video proof of whatever event they say happened actually occurring (in this case, video of the Queen actually saying how she disapproves of the way the wedding is being handled etc). I don't mean that literally everything the media writes is false, sometimes it's true, sometimes it's partly true & sometimes it's compltete imagination/misinformation. Take it all (good news & bad) with a pinch of salt until you literally see things for yourself (if you ever get to ;) )

That said I truly cannot see how the Queen & BP could not be involved in the planning of this wedding. Perhaps they aren't directing it as much as in years past they probably did, but I'm sure there is no way the Queen & BP would ever allow William (or any member of family) essentially a blank cheque to use & do with as they choose without thorough checks on all arrangements. Firstly that all the necessary protocol for such an occassion was proper & appropriate, the timing & availability etc of each member of the RF, whether events planned are acceptable for the occasion etc. Just no way I can see the Queen letting anyone just go off on their own & "trust" they'll plan it in an appropriate way, the Royal Family are nothing if not planned & organised almost down to the micro second for these kind of big events (for goodness sake they've had almost all major family member's funeral arrangements planned & ready to be enacted at any given moment for years now! They are organised in the extreme!) Perhaps not all the details chosen are as the Queen would wish but I think if it's been allowed then the Queen herself has allowed it, I doubt anyone is organising such a major event without the Queen/BP's full knowledge & consent.

Last edited:
First things first I would not take whatever is written in the press as fact unless you literally have video proof of whatever event they say happened actually occurring (in this case, video of the Queen actually saying how she disapproves of the way the wedding is being handled etc). I don't mean that literally everything the media writes is false, sometimes it's true, sometimes it's partly true & sometimes it's compltete imagination/misinformation. Take it all (good news & bad) with a pinch of salt until you literally see things for yourself (if you ever get to ;) )

That said I truly cannot see how the Queen & BP could not be involved in the planning of this wedding. Perhaps they aren't directing it as much as in years past they probably did, but I'm sure there is no way the Queen & BP would ever allow William (or any member of family) essentially a blank cheque to use & do with as they choose without thorough checks on all arrangements. Firstly that all the necessary protocol for such an occassion was proper & appropriate, the timing & availability etc of each member of the RF, whether events planned are acceptable for the occasion etc. Just no way I can see the Queen letting anyone just go off on their own & "trust" they'll plan it in an appropriate way, the Royal Family are nothing if not planned & organised almost down to the micro second for these kind of big events (for goodness sake they've had almost all major family member's funeral arrangements planned & ready to be enacted at any given moment for years now! They are organised in the extreme!) Perhaps not all the details chosen are as the Queen would wish but I think if it's been allowed then the Queen herself has allowed it, I doubt anyone is organising such a major event without the Queen/BP's full knowledge & consent.

I rather think that The Queen and others are involved in all the discussions and not uninvolved at all, but that William and Catherine make the final decisions (thus after having consulted The Queen and such).

The majority of the media likes to dramatise things, don't believe all that is being written.

If the report of the Queen and the Duke riding with the Middletons is true, this is probably the reason why. Having the grandparents ride with the Middletons is a way of avoiding all the Diana/Camilla business.:flowers:

... I understand Camilla is stepmom but that's still not mom and maybe they just don't want to call anymore attention to it plus imagine the hollows of protest from some if she took the 'mother' place. Enough plp will be thinking of Diana that day so maybe that is a way to not unintetionally disrespect it.....

Dumb question but have we ever heard about "media details" ie: what coverage is allowed what isn't do they usually announce that or do we just find out on wedding day. Again my first big BRF wedding so I dunno the ropes so to speak.

Thanks Mermaid1962 too bad it doesn't say too much but I'm wondering will we know ahead of time or will we find out as it happens. I kinda want to know ahead of time how much it's going to cover so I know how many hours to set the recorder. Like for example should I cut it off right after the balcony appearance or should I set it to record later on during the night time reception will there be any coverage at all of that or are we going to be left completely in the dark about the whole thing.

Kate Middleton at Goring Hotel night before Royal wedding | Mail Online

Assuming Richard Kay still has an insight we are learning more about the plans for the lead up to the wedding.

That's old news. It was known that they are looking out for a luxury hotel close to BP they could rent for the accommodation of their friends. Now it's "clear" that they chose this one.

I had written weeks ago when these rumour first came to light that I could imagine C&W will spend their wedding night in a suite of that hotel before starting out on their honeymoon....

That's old news. It was known that they are looking out for a luxury hotel close to BP they could rent for the accommodation of their friends. Now it's "clear" that they chose this one.

I had written weeks ago when these rumour first came to light that I could imagine C&W will spend their wedding night in a suite of that hotel before starting out on their honeymoon....

This is actually new - we knew that were booking the entire hotel - that was reported weeks ago.

What we are now being told is that this is where Kate is spending the night before the wedding with her parents - that is new information.

Richard Kay doesn't report stuff from weeks ago - he either makes up or reports new information and this is his article from today.

This is actually new - we knew that were booking the entire hotel - that was reported weeks ago.

What we are now being told is that this is where Kate is spending the night before the wedding with her parents - that is new information.

Richard Kay doesn't report stuff from weeks ago - he either makes up or reports new information and this is his article from today.

Hm, in the article he says that the staff is exited and is speculating that Catherine will spend the night before the wedding there... Who knows... :flowers:

They also should have the common decency to consult with the person paying for it to make sure that the arrangements can actually take place.

If they want to plan it as they see fit then they should pay for it themselves and not expect someone else to pay for something about which they haven't been consulted.

Assuming that the report is even right in the first place.

Obviously the article isn't true. To assume it is would be to assume that the Queen and her entire staff have no knowledge or input as to what is taking place at Buckingham Palace when they are the ones that have to execute the events. Two receptions take considerable planning and coordination. Since Clarence House has no authority over BP, it isn't possible for them to plan either event at BP without key staff members and the Queen being consulted and giving approval. The Queen is head of BP and always has input and final approval over any event being held there. This includes anything involving the Royal Mews which would be responsible for transporting Kate and other Royals to and from the Abby.

But she's travelling from BP to the wedding, so why would she be staying elsewhere the night before her wedding?

But that's been the big assumption, hasn't it...one which, I admit, is more likely than departure from a hotel. The actual press release is, "Miss Middleton will travel to the wedding service at Westminster Abbey by car along a route that will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square." It doesn't say the start point which leaves us a bit open-ended.

If Kate does spend her last night at the Goring Hotel and then they tried to transfer her to Clarence House or BP that morning to make preparations, it would be a fiasco, IMO. And it doesn't seem very proper to depart a hotel to Westminster Abbey, does it? My guess is that she will be at either Clarence House or St. James Palace. I hate waiting for these details!!

But that's been the big assumption, hasn't it...one which, I admit, is more likely than departure from a hotel. The actual press release is, "Miss Middleton will travel to the wedding service at Westminster Abbey by car along a route that will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square." It doesn't say the start point which leaves us a bit open-ended.

If Kate does spend her last night at the Goring Hotel and then they tried to transfer her to Clarence House or BP that morning to make preparations, it would be a fiasco, IMO. And it doesn't seem very proper to depart a hotel to Westminster Abbey, does it? My guess is that she will be at either Clarence House or St. James Palace. I hate waiting for these details!!

This article says that at 10:50pm - Catherine Middleton and her father Mike Middleton leave Buckingham Palace via car.
Royal wedding: Kate Middleton will take car not horse-drawn carriage to wedding | Mail Online

Other DM articles;
Kate Middleton and Prince William wedding: hotels and flights surge | Mail Online
Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal wedding: Hotels booked up | Mail Online

They may well depart from BP. AFAIK it hasn't been officially announced. Further down in the article it states, "Kate, who will celebrate her 29th birthday this Sunday, has decided to spend her last night as an unmarried woman at a London palace – either Buckingham, St James’s or Kensington." Now the reports are the Goring Hotel. If there is one thing I have learned from this blog it is that the Daily Mail is not the most reliable source. ;)

They may well depart from BP. AFAIK it hasn't been officially announced. Further down in the article it states, "Kate, who will celebrate her 29th birthday this Sunday, has decided to spend her last night as an unmarried woman at a London palace – either Buckingham, St James’s or Kensington." Now the reports are the Goring Hotel. If there is one thing I have learned from this blog it is that the Daily Mail is not the most reliable source. ;)

My assumption is that if Kate does spend the night before the wedding at the Goring Hotel, she'd be up really early to depart for BP to get dressed and ready for the ceremony. I really don't think she'd leave the hotel in bridal attire to head to BP as that would splash her bridal attire all over the world before she even got to the Abbey. She may have functions at the hotel the night before but then leave to sleep and get dressed at BP.

My assumption is that if Kate does spend the night before the wedding at the Goring Hotel, she'd be up really early to depart for BP to get dressed and ready for the ceremony. I really don't think she'd leave the hotel in bridal attire to head to BP as that would splash her bridal attire all over the world before she even got to the Abbey. She may have functions at the hotel the night before but then leave to sleep and get dressed at BP.

Whether it is a hotel or one of the Palaces, I presume Catherine will want to have her family with her for the last night before the wedding. It would make sense for the Middleton's to be provided a suite at St James' or BP so they can have a nice meal and some quiet time together before the wedding.

I think that last sentence is quite reasonable but think Kate will spend the night before at St James Pally.

BP would provide a better start point for the public.

Whether it is a hotel or one of the Palaces, I presume Catherine will want to have her family with her for the last night before the wedding. It would make sense for the Middleton's to be provided a suite at St James' or BP so they can have a nice meal and some quiet time together before the wedding.

Oh I'm absolutely sure that no matter where, all the Middletons will be together as a family the night before the wedding. Isn't it the eve of the wedding that the mother is supposed to have "that" talk with her daughter? :whistling: The idea of the hotel the night before just doesn't sound feasible to me at all.

Oh I'm absolutely sure that no matter where, all the Middletons will be together as a family the night before the wedding. Isn't it the eve of the wedding that the mother is supposed to have "that" talk with her daughter? :whistling: The idea of the hotel the night before just doesn't sound feasible to me at all.

Some may argue that Carole Middleton had "that" talk with her daughter before she packed her off to St Andrews to seek her prince. :flowers:

Some may argue that Carole Middleton had "that" talk with her daughter before she packed her off to St Andrews to seek her prince. :flowers:

I'm almost certain she did too. Not that many women wait till their wedding night these days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom