Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate is tall and quite slim, however I see very little difference in her figure between the jeans picture and the wedding picture .... she is also wearing black in the later picture which always makes a person look a bit slimmer. IMO, it's just another "story" to attract readers.

Last edited:
William & Kate: The Royal Wedding - CTV.ca Blog: Countdown to Will and Kate's first child

The Countdown to the Royal Baby is on

How silly! Let the poor girl get married first....

Oh my, this article is just full of laughs!

Kate will be leaving behind the nasty, brutish and short type of life that the middle-class currently “suffers” for a prolonged engagement in the finest lap of luxury.

Maybe Kate will get bored and figure, “Why not?”

Yeah, maybe Kate will get bored and get started on baby-making early? Really? :lol: :bang:

E News in US reporting- Queen will depart wedding in carriage with Kate's Dad and Prince Phillip in carriage with Kate's mom. Also their reporting QEII has offered them an apartment in BP....

Okay...I am pretty confident that the Queen would not offer them an apartment at BP. Can you imagine the howls from the press and the British pubilc?

And why would the Queen and the DoE ride with the Middletons' and not Charles and/or Camilla.

I can see them having a suite of rooms for their use while they're in London, because the security's there and the rooms are already available. There would be a huge outcry if there was massive refurbishment of rooms that hadn't been used for a long time. But if there was a suite set aside for brief visits, I can't see a problem with that.

Okay...I am pretty confident that the Queen would not offer them an apartment at BP. Can you imagine the howls from the press and the British pubilc?

Zonk said:

And why would the Queen and the DoE ride with the Middletons' and not Charles and/or Camilla.

No idea but apparently that is what a former press secretary of QEII said on GMA..... Maybe, and this is all I can guess, they are doing it to avoid having Camilla in 'mother' role....????

I can see them having a suite of rooms for their use while they're in London, because the security's there and the rooms are already available. There would be a huge outcry if there was massive refurbishment of rooms that hadn't been used for a long time. But if there was a suite set aside for brief visits, I can't see a problem with that.

I can see them using rooms during the lead up to the wedding, but not afterwards. Don't they have a home in London that they purchased for Kate or did they sell that.

I can certainly see the Middleton's having access to William and Kate's London base, but there is not reason (from what I see) to have them have permanent base at BP. Maybe during the reign of William, but not during QE IMO.

E News in US reporting- Queen will depart wedding in carriage with Kate's Dad and Prince Phillip in carriage with Kate's mom. Also their reporting QEII has offered them an apartment in BP....

I read this post as referring to the Queen offering an apartment in BP to Kate and William (as has been widely reported). Is that the intended reference?

It seems the usual protocol. Albeit, it is usually the parents of the bride and groom who are mixed. However, it may be the way they want to do it. Camilla is just a step mother at best. And, the queen is still in charge.

I really hope that article is not true. Will and Kate have every right to plan it as they see fit.

I really hope that article is not true. Will and Kate have every right to plan it as they see fit.

They also should have the common decency to consult with the person paying for it to make sure that the arrangements can actually take place.

If they want to plan it as they see fit then they should pay for it themselves and not expect someone else to pay for something about which they haven't been consulted.

Assuming that the report is even right in the first place.

I somehow don't believe they could plan a buffet reception and then a dinner dance without the Queen's permission. It is her home after all. I'd be surprised if most of that article is true. She may have been upset about the car to the church, but surely William and Charles would not have planned the buffet and dinner dance without her permission.

Yvonne Yorke is a travel writer. So I wouldn't pay much attention to what she writes...

I would imagine that the offer of rooms in BP probably refers to the times of the festivities of the wedding weekend and not permanent residence. I find it a nice gesture from the RF. Kate, I've heard, will be leaving from BP for the Abbey and this way her mother will also be close at hand.

I think its kind of a traditional thing. The Queen rides with the bride's father and the DoE with the bride's mother to kind of show that the families have been united in marriage. I think its a nice gesture.

Last edited:
I would imagine that the offer of rooms in BP probably refers to the times of the festivities of the wedding weekend and not permanent residence. I find it a nice gesture from the RF. Kate, I've heard, will be leaving from BP for the Abbey and this way her mother will also be close at hand.

I think its kind of a traditional thing. The Queen rides with the bride's father and the DoE with the bride's mother to kind of show that the families have been united in marriage. I think its a nice gesture.

The Queen and Duke have done that for their children's weddings but why would they do it for their grandson? Surely it should be Charles as the father and either Camilla as Charles' wife or a representative of the Spencer family to represent William's mother?

The Queen and Duke have done that for their children's weddings but why would they do it for their grandson? Surely it should be Charles as the father and either Camilla as Charles' wife or a representative of the Spencer family to represent William's mother?

This also puzzles me but perhaps it is because the Queen and the DoE are the actual heads of the House of Windsor? I imagine that the order of procession back to BP will be Will and Kate in the first carriage, the Queen and Mr. Middleton in the second, the DoE and Mrs. Middleton in the third and then followed by Charles and Camilla. Perhaps it has to do with precedence of the Queen? It would make more sense though to place the Middletons with the father/stepmother of the groom though. I really don't think they would use a representative of the Spencers over Camilla though, she *is* his stepmother and I think William would respect that. Another puzzling aspect of royal protocol I'm yet to learn about. :D

Come to think of it, if the Middletons were to ride ahead of Charles and Camilla, wouldn't that be giving them precedence over the PoW and The Duchess of Corwall?
Very, very confusing this early in the morning.

Last edited:
So, shall we bet on this?
How long before the tabloids discover the name of the wedding dress designer?
And who will it be?

I thought it would be Oldfield, but I read that Kate's mother and sister may have visited his shop as a diversionary tactic, and the actual designer is someone else!
(But then I thought that perhaps they wanted the press to think that!)

So I will guess that it will be two weeks, and the Oldfield's the one!

Osipi said:
This also puzzles me but perhaps it is because the Queen and the DoE are the actual heads of the House of Windsor? I imagine that the order of procession back to BP will be Will and Kate in the first carriage, the Queen and Mr. Middleton in the second, the DoE and Mrs. Middleton in the third and then followed by Charles and Camilla. Perhaps it has to do with precedence of the Queen? It would make more sense though to place the Middletons with the father/stepmother of the groom though. I really don't think they would use a representative of the Spencers over Camilla though, she *is* his stepmother and I think William would respect that. Another puzzling aspect of royal protocol I'm yet to learn about. :D

Come to think of it, if the Middletons were to ride ahead of Charles and Camilla, wouldn't that be giving them precedence over the PoW and The Duchess of Corwall?
Very, very confusing this early in the morning.

I am going to give the BRF the benefit if the doubt and believe they choose to do it this way with the best intentions, this us the first grandson/daughter we've seen get married who us titled so maybe this is how they plan to do it, plus he is a future King.... I understand Camilla is stepmom but that's still not mom and maybe they just don't want to call anymore attention to it plus imagine the hollows of protest from some if she took the 'mother' place. Enough plp will be thinking of Diana that day so maybe that is a way to not unintetionally disrespect it.....I am going to assume it was done with best intetions.... Plus I love my stepmom and respect her but she is not my mom and I wouldn't have her in that role no matter how much I like her.....Or maybe Camilla and Charles are riding in own carriage, as for precedence I am not convinced that counts since the Middletons aren't royal plus on April 29th their the brides parents and that's gotta count for something..... Just my opinion.....

And who will it be?

I thought it would be Oldfield, but I read that Kate's mother and sister may have visited his shop as a diversionary tactic, and the actual designer is someone else!
(But then I thought that perhaps they wanted the press to think that!)

So I will guess that it will be two weeks, and the Oldfield's the one!

I hope Oldfield is not the designer of the wedding dress. As for her mother and sister visiting his shop, that is way to obvious if she really wanted to keep it a secret. It's possible that they were looking for a Mother of the Bride dress, or even dresses for the evening reception.

I don't believe a word in this article. The Queen is the absolute final word on the wedding preperations as well as any formal Royal functions at BP. There is no way her staff isn't involved and that they and the Queen are only being informed via tweets from Clarence House along with the public. That just isn't possible. This is a well oiled machine and nothing takes place at BP without the Queen and her staff being fully involved.

Organiser of Will & Kate's wedding

I don't believe a word in this article. The Queen is the absolute final word on the wedding preperations as well as any formal Royal functions at BP. There is no way her staff isn't involved and that they and the Queen are only being informed via tweets from Clarence House along with the public. That just isn't possible. This is a well oiled machine and nothing takes place at BP without the Queen and her staff being fully involved.

It is actually Fergie because of her position in the royal family who should by right be offered the privilege of organising royal wedding. Camilla Parker Bowles because of her true position could have been asked by Fergie to assist with invite. It is Clarence House. Queen has final say (on invit ee) if she or he chooses. :previous:

Last edited:
ITN launches a royal wedding channel on YouTube.

And who will it be?
I think we'll find out in the next few weeks - someone will leak it.

I don't think Oldfield is the designer. If he were, I imagine Kate's mom and sister would have been a little more discreet when visiting his store. I have a feeling that the designer won't be well known, it will be someone up-and-coming.

It is actually Fergie because of her position in the royal family who should by right be offered the privilege of organising royal wedding. Camilla Parker Bowles because of her true position could have been asked by Fergie to assist with invite. It is Clarence House. Queen has final say (on invit ee) if she or he chooses. :previous:

What does Fergie have to do with anything? She's only the ex aunt of the groom. William's mother is the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

WTF? I have no idea what you are talking about...... please explain.:ermm:

I read this post as referring to the Queen offering an apartment in BP to Kate and William (as has been widely reported). Is that the intended reference?
Yeah, you're right. E! news was referring to William and Kate.

The E! segment is on youtube - I tried to link it, but for some reason it won't format properly in my post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom