Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy with whatever will be released, I think they deserve some privacy. They are already obliged to share much because of his status, let them keep something for themselves.

Furthermore, I am also expecting an official photo shoot, just like Charles and Diana/Victoria and Daniel did.
But I think it will occur down the road, give it time - they have only been engaged for little more than a week now :lol:

I am happy with whatever will be released, I think they deserve some privacy. They are already obliged to share much because of his status, let them keep something for themselves.

Furthermore, I am also expecting an official photo shoot, just like Charles and Diana/Victoria and Daniel did.
But I think it will occur down the road, give it time - they have only been engaged for little more than a week now :lol:

Well, they did get engaged in October, but you're point is valid. I am sure that we will see a photo shoot. Probably not until after the holidays.

But ITA, let's give them some time to enjoy being engaged before we expect too much.
:flowers:

I wonder if the processional music that was used during Charles and Diana's wedding will be used at William and Kate's? And what about the tiara Diana wore on her own wedding day? - I think it's likely that Kate will wear the same one as sort of a nod to William's mother.

Well Diana walked down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary (the Prince of Denmark's March). I keep forgetting what she and Charles walked out to.

I liked the music that played when Charles and Camilla walked out of the church on their wedding. Anyone remember what it was?

Last edited:
I wonder if the processional music that was used during Charles and Diana's wedding will be used at William and Kate's? And what about the tiara Diana wore on her own wedding day? - I think it's likely that Kate will wear the same one as sort of a nod to William's mother.
That's the Spencer Family tiara who now belongs to Diana's brother the Earl Spencer. Therefore quiet unlikely that Kate will wear it.

Catherine is not a Spencer, therefore she has no right or claim to wear it. I would like it if William and Catherine made the service their own, rather than aping everything Diana and Charles had at their wedding.

Be original or just don't do it.

The Prince of Denmark's March is often used for the Bridal Processional. I had it myself! :)

Catherine is not a Spencer, therefore she has no right or claim to wear it. I would like it if William and Catherine made the service their own, rather than aping everything Diana and Charles had at their wedding.

I argree, lets hope the only thing that was at Diana's wedding that will be at Kate and William's is the engagement ring. Kate will have a life time of being compared to Diana. Let her have this one day to herself. I hope the Queen pulls something old from the royal collection for Kate to wear for her wedding day.

I love Cannon in D for weddings! Do they use that in the UK???

Last edited:
Maybe she can walk down the aisle to Zadok the Priest like Mary? Or is that reserved for coronations only?

I just love that music because it's so regal and really screams royal.

At Vicotira and Daniel's Wedding the most of the recption was shown. At the Wedding of Philippe and Mathilde, Haakon and Mette-Marit and Felipe and Letizia at last the speeches where shown. But the dutch's are the strictest. There it ended after the balcony appearance. Only one photo from the reception was released but neither the speeches and the course of the Dinner. But i except it the same for William and Kate as the Windsors have always done so in the past and the same was done for the 60th birthday of Prince Charles.
ooh thanks for that info, I had only ever seen Daniel and Victoria's wedding in full and a bit of Felipe and Letizia along with Mary and Frederick on youtube. But ya I do doubt William will change tradition I'm guessing broadcast will end at the balcony appearance and the official photos will be released later.

Also judging by the comments it seems the official photoshoot as much as a month after the engagement so I should learn to be more patient:lol:

Maybe she can walk down the aisle to Zadok the Priest like Mary? Or is that reserved for coronations only?

Seeing as it's the British Coronation hymn, I doubt she'd use it as her processional music. She'll hear it both when her father-in-law is crowned her and her husband is crowned.

Just because a song was used at Charles and Diana's wedding, that doesn't it doesn't shouldn't or should be played at William and Kate's wedding. Charles and Diana didn't take a patent out (not to my knowledge) on certain songs. If its a song that either one of them likes thats all that matters. But if William decides choose a song in his mother's memory, who are we to judge? How will we know?

I Vow to thee my country, a particular favorite of Diana's would be an apt song to play IMO but only if it means something to either William or Kate.

I don't know if anyone has touched on this yet

But, will any of the spencers be invited to the wedding? Just a thought.

Yes, I definitely think that William will invite his Spencer aunts, uncles and cousins. Kate and William attended Laura Fellows this past spring/summer.

Yes, I definitely think that William will invite his Spencer aunts, uncles and cousins. Kate and William attended Laura Fellows this past spring/summer.

Well, that is good to know that eventhough they aren't together alot. They are still family & won't be excluded because they aren't part of THE FIRM.;)

She could walk down the aisle to "A Perfect Wedding Day" by Randy Edelman it was on the movie 27 dresses.

I would expect the Spencers to be invited and even one or more of them to be in the official wedding party. There are a number of Spencer cousins that could be bridesmaids etc.

If Kate has 6 bridesmaids I would expect one at least to be a Spencer, Pippa, possibly one of William's royal cousins and mainly friends.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the royal cousins are included though as Harry will be William's main supporter. Hence one Spencer in Kate's supporters and the rest from her family and friends.

^ Which Spencer cousin do you think will most likely be a bridesmaid of Kate's?

Why would Kate have bridesmaids she doesn't even know? Is Kate even on familiar terms with the Spencers? Just because she's marrying someone whose mother was a Spencer doesn't mean any member of their family must be in her bridal party.

Chagall I have to agree with you that this is the best choice for Catherine.Yopu have excellent taste!
However wed do not know whether Catherine will go to Chanel or European couture for this gown-
I think the Monique Lhuillier one is quite definitive and expresses Catherine beautifully.

Thank you Jaya! Good that we agree! I believe that whatever the choice is, it will be difficult for Kate to emulate Diana´s dress, which was probably the most beautiful wedding gown I´ve ever seen and to which, hers will be obviously compared...Hard job for the designer!

Last edited:
Kate will more than likely go with a British designer, not a European couture house.

The piece from Zadok the Priest is well-known as a coronation anthem. Even if the words aren't sung, everyone would be mentally singing to themselves, "May the King Live Forever!" ;) Handel wrote quite a bit of regal-sounding music. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing one of his works as a processional piece.:flowers:

Last edited:
Why would Kate have bridesmaids she doesn't even know? Is Kate even on familiar terms with the Spencers? Just because she's marrying someone whose mother was a Spencer doesn't mean any member of their family must be in her bridal party.
I guess because it is not just "Kate" who is getting married and William does more the "know" his cousins! :flowers:

I understand that, but it's her bridal party. If the bride includes members of the groom's family in her party, it's because she's close with them. Aside from her own sister Pippa, I don't know who from William's family who is in her age group she could have has a bridesmaid. I don't see the point putting people in your bridal party that you barely know just because they're in the guy's family.

Princess Anne's daughter is in the same age group as Prince William and Kate isn't she?

I understand that, but it's her bridal party. If the bride includes members of the groom's family in her party, it's because she's close with them. Aside from her own sister Pippa, I don't know who from William's family who is in her age group she could have has a bridesmaid. I don't see the point putting people in your bridal party that you barely know just because they're in the guy's family.

You might be surprised but a lot of people include the sister or cousin of the groom in their party as a show of joining of the families.

I had met my sister-in-law on three occasions before the engagement and on two occasions from engagement to wedding but was one of her bridesmaids, along with two of her six sisters. Why - because she wanted to include her husband to be's family as part of her own.

Most weddings I have attended have seen the same thing - a sister of the groom or a cousin included amongst the multiple bridesmaids - if only one bridesmaid that is different.

This wedding is more than a simple personal wedding though and a show of unity of the families through the wedding parties wouldn't surprise me at all, particularly including a Spencer girl (and there is one that is supposed to look a lot like Diana - Kitty I think) would include Diana's family and William certainly wants that acknowledgement on the day and throughout their marriage I think.

If she was to only have one or two bridesmaids then no she wouldn't have these sorts of people but if she is to have the 6 or 8 that Diana had then I would expect a Spencer as one of them as a sign to William that his mother's family are now part of her extended family - and a sign to the rest of the world that the Spencers are part of the family as well.

If there was a male Spencer cousin that was old enough to be a supporter for William then I wouldn't be suggesting this idea.

The following article even suggests Kitty as one of the bridesmaids, along with Margarita Armstrong-Jones.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...ns-sister-pippa-tipped-as-royal-bridesmaid.do

The Express says the same thing:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/212968/Royal-maids-in-waitingRoyal-maids-in-waiting

Last edited:
That is true...the bridal party more often than not is a combination of friends and families on both sides. If a groom has a sister more than likely that sister might be a bridesmaid in her brother's wedding. And vice versa.

Personally, I can't imagine any of the Spencer girls being in the bridal party maybe if they had young kids...but I don't believe any of them do. I am not sure if there are ushers in the royal weddings, but I can certainly imagine Louis, Viscount Althrop doing something if that was the case.

I definitely think they will be out in full force at the wedding but not so sure about them participating.

What about Diana's sister's children? They would probably be in the same age group as Prince William and Kate.

What about Diana's sister's children? They would probably be in the same age group as Prince William and Kate.

Well Baroness Jane has Laura, Alexander and Eleanor.
Lady Sarah has Emily Jane, George, and Cecila Rose. The children of Lady Sarah and Baroness Jane are about the same age as William and Kate, give or take a couple of years. The Earl Spencer's oldest Kitty is 19, then the twins Amelia and Eliza and Louis who is 16. His two youngest are from his 2nd marriage, and they are Edmund who is 7 and Lara who is 4.

So actually, I could possibly see Edmund and/or Lara in the wedding except for the diatribe that Charles did at Diana's wedding. But then again, why should parents pay for the "sins" of the parent.

Now, I think this sound like it would be high scale wedding and I mean in publicity even more than Victoria, I think even Monaco's pass at second place now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom