Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! All these photos are making it so real for me :) so excited.....

In the pictures in the car Kate looks like she's trying to appear serene and relaxed but just wants to burst into a huge smile.... I don't blame her, for all the pomp and royalty let's not forget at the heart of it it is this young woman's long await wedding day!

Call me old fashioned or something but who would want to wake up to a disco feeling room.

I think you misunderstood the term "post-wedding breakfast". It means after the reception. Everything is on the same day, they aren't talking about the following morning. The disco will be what we British refer to as the evening do.

whats this one got to do with kate?

I was wondering the same thing. :ermm:[/QUOTE]

You have to admit its cute though. Perhaps its a wry British wit kinda thing about Kate and William having all their ducks in a row for the wedding. :D

I do not like the sound of an "avenue" of trees lining the aisle at the Abbey. One, that sounds hokey. If you want to get married amongst the trees, get married outside. Two, isn't a giant tree right along the aisle going to block the view of the people sitting in the seats to see her? I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.

I'm giving them both the benefit of the doubt and will wait until I see pictures and/or video on Friday, but this sounds like it's going to look weird.

I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.

I don;t think anybody is likely to be annoyed with this invite! :flowers:

Although it looks more elaborate than a normal bun, I doubt she would be getting her hair formally done for the wedding, it's possible it could be a practice look. I thought her hairdresser and confirmed that she will be wearing it down for the wedding. But who knows.

A few things from this article. The pics show her and Pippa leaving their home to drive to London for the final time for the wedding. Also, it shows William driving away earlier and it said he had spent Easter Sunday with the Middleton's and wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before the big day. I imagine this is to help ease them and perhaps himself with the nerves of the big day, not to mention tying up loose ends with the wedding details.

It also states that he brought a big brown wrapped package with him....I know it's speculation and we will probably never know what was in the package, but I would like to think it is either some of his mother's jewels he has picked for her to wear, or perhaps a tiara!

This is getting really exciting now! :D

Perhaps that big, brown, wrapped package was a basketfull of bunnies to hop amongst the trees in the Abbey. LOLOL

Also to half of those invited, there will be a bigger blockage: the WM' organ .
Now, That is the real problem. Thank God and technology for the screens :p

Also to half of those invited, there will be a bigger blockage: the WM' organ .
Now, That is the real problem. Thank God and technology for the screens :p

That's true - the organ loft and choir seperate the congregation in the nave from the alter and so TV screens will be placed on the pillars for people to see the action at the frnt. As the trees are reasonably young and have slender trunks relative to their high canopies, I'm quite sure they will be no greater obstacle in people's viewing than the organ loft, pillars and multitude of large hats!

I do not like the sound of an "avenue" of trees lining the aisle at the Abbey. One, that sounds hokey. If you want to get married amongst the trees, get married outside. Two, isn't a giant tree right along the aisle going to block the view of the people sitting in the seats to see her? I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.

I'm giving them both the benefit of the doubt and will wait until I see pictures and/or video on Friday, but this sounds like it's going to look weird.

I'm not English, but if I understand correctly it's against the law in England to marry outside. They can only marry in a church or an official register's office.

For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN. It's a turkish entreprise (I can remember but not so sure of the country) who try to cash on the wedding and create this buzz nearly a month ago but it's was not discussed on major channels because understood as a publicity from a company and do you believe official gift will be made outside the UK? No it will be a major blow and quite impossible. For the Trees, they are very high so impossible to obscur the view from people who dont mesure 10 meters high! They are part of the decoration with the flowers and I'm sure it will be superb and before critisize I prefer to wait until the day and judge when I see the result. Be fair !

ugh i want to know know if isabella AC is invited! i keep reading conflicting news!

oh my god I just click on the link to see the teatowels. It's so tacky! Even the symbol and the crown are not linked to the BRF, William or Kate or the Prince of Wales, not a symbol of Wales, or something like that. The company didnt try to make it "believable" and make the effort to do towels with the initials, and those colours ... in no way it's going to have been done or the company commissionned by the BRF...

I believe the poster referred to Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (AC?), a young woman for whom our William carried a torch for a while.

The trees are 20 feet high with narrow trunks. The follage won't interfere with the view of the bride and groom from the audience's prospective, and I am sure the cameras will be angled to accomodate the follage for the rest of us.

I am sure no detail has not been worked out by now.

The congragation will see the back of William and Kate in the Abbaye, as in absolutly all weddings. I find quite good that the nave is a few meters away from the congregation, it will give William and Kate some privacy when prononce their vows. It's will be the first time people will be available to really watch the wedding when in the Abbaye and the faces of william and kate on TV screens in the Abbaye when prononcing their vows. When in spain or in denmark or in sweden the crown prince/princess married, it was not the case, and people in the Abbayes couldnt see the faces of the prince and princess but only their backs. It's a real improvment!

Absolutely correct, a couple can't be legally married in England where there is no fixed roof.

For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN.... QUOTE]
Thank goodness (not that they're always a reliable outlet, but I'll take it this time)!

I still find the trees, well, stupid. This is my last comment on the trees.

Tea towels are a traditional royal wedding souvenir.

I wonder what the King of Togo will think when he is handed a souvenir tea towel? I know they are produced for all the big royal occasions for people to purchase, but I would be very surprised if they were souveniers for the wedding guests.

Last edited:
um yes, sorry missed the G in her surname...was too lazy to google it:)))

Absolutely correct, a couple can't be legally married in England where there is no fixed roof.

For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN.... QUOTE]
Thank goodness (not that they're always a reliable outlet, but I'll take it this time)!

I still find the trees, well, stupid. This is my last comment on the trees.

You might wait until the day of the wedding to see how it all comes together before dismissing it as stupid. Just a suggestion.

Re: the trees

When I was married, it was in a very beautiful house of worship. Nonetheless, I added flowers in an attempt to make it even more beautiful. It was (of course) nowhere near the size of the Abbey. A few little vases of flowers would not be attractive nor suitable for the Abbey!

And wouldn't any bridal couple want their venue to look different from the way it does when other couples marry?

I could understand objections if there were cheap and tacky decorations added to the Abbey, but how could anyone think that beautiful living trees would not be a charming and stately addition to the decorations?

And yes, I agree that the Abbey should have a different look than it does for funerals, no matter whose.

I'll wager that no one will say (after the wedding), "didn't those trees look hideous" !

As for the 'blocking the view' argument- there are only eight trees and they are 20 feet tall. So only a few (of the very tallest) guests will notice any obstruction.

And weren't the arches of the Abbey meant to mimic the arches of trees?

Last edited:
The Wedding ring that Catherine Middleton will wear will be made of Welsh Gold. The gold was given to Prince William by The Queen shortly after the couple were engaged. It has been in the family's possession for some years and has been in the care of the Royal Jewellers. There are no further details on which mine the gold was mined from. More information about the ring may be released closer to the Wedding Day.

There will only be one ring, in accordance with the couple's wishes. The ring will be from Prince William for Catherine.

You might wait until the day of the wedding to see how it all comes together before dismissing it as stupid. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your input. However, it will be as stupid tomorrow as it is today. My opinion is valid.

I'm not English, but if I understand correctly it's against the law in England to marry outside. They can only marry in a church or an official register's office.

Yes, correct about marrying under a roof. However, we're no longer restricted to register offices and places of worship. Many other buildings are now licensed as wedding venues.

I'm sorry, but that sounds so ridiculous. As long as all the paperwork is in order and signed, and the appropriate officiant is there to conduct the service (be it religious or civil), why should it matter where the couple chooses to say their vows?

I'm glad it's not like that here. I've been to a couple lovely weddings in parks, forest preserves, backyards even. That seems like a very silly thing to require.

Thank you for your input. However, it will be as stupid tomorrow as it is today. My opinion is valid.

No one is saying your opinion is invalid. What I think texankitcat is saying is that "stupid" is a rather pejorative and dismissive word, and if you want to say you don't like the idea or think it won't look right, there are other ways you can express that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom