Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most, if not all, churches are 'St' something, even if not known as that e.g. Westminster Abbey is really The Collegiate Church of St Peter.

I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man! Apart from that, I have a feeling that Sarah will not want to attend.
Why not? It's going to be the event of the decade and we all know Sarah would love to be in the limelight again looking favorable.
Should be interesting to see how things pan out yet.
Who does the cakes?

Why not? It's going to be the event of the decade and we all know Sarah would love to be in the limelight again looking favorable.
Should be interesting to see how things pan out yet.
Who does the cakes?

PR wise, yes it would make it appear she is forgiven and back in the Royal good graces, but I really don't think she is. Of course they wouldn't publically snub her, but I am sure there would be a lot of tension over this latest scandel.

Doesn't Buckingham Palace have a baker or pastry chef? I really don't know, I would assume they do.

Yes they do. They have well staffed kitchens that not only cooks for State Banquets, parties, receptions, etc...but for the family and the staff as well. I have read several books where the BP kitchens are mentioned, as well as Windsor.

Naturally, lots of people have been about this wedding doing things to echo Charles and Diana's, but I think they can find a lot of good inspiration from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's wedding. The 1947 wedding in Westminster Abbey took place during a time of hardship and rebuilding in Britain, so it has the just the balance of scale and economy William and Catherine need to mind during these tough times. Elizabeth's gown, IMO, was much more flattering and timeless than Diana's gown. The black and white photos of the era did not do justice to the intricate beading on the gown and train. And even though they've had their problems, Elizabeth and Philip's marriage is a far better example to follow than Charles and Diana's ever was.

Naturally, lots of people have been about this wedding doing things to echo Charles and Diana's, but I think they can find a lot of good inspiration from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's wedding. The 1947 wedding in Westminster Abbey took place during a time of hardship and rebuilding in Britain, so it has the just the balance of scale and economy William and Catherine need to mind during these tough times. Elizabeth's gown, IMO, was much more flattering and timeless than Diana's gown. The black and white photos of the era did not do justice to the intricate beading on the gown and train. And even though they've had their problems, Elizabeth and Philip's marriage is a far better example to follow than Charles and Diana's ever was.

In 2002 Kensington Palace had a display of the Queens' wedding gowns from Queen Victoria to Elizabeth and Elizabeth's was magnificent. Actually they all were - except for the Queen Mum's I thought but I loathe the style of the 1920s and that dress was all 20s. Alexandra's was great, but she had it modified after the wedding to wear again. Mary's was also classical and Victoria's was also lovely and showed just how short she was.

So it's about 8:45am in London if we were to get the announcement of the date today I wonder at around what time it would be? if not we have to wait another week! Also have to say I was watching ET Canada and they interview a friend of Kate's and she said Kate and William want a summer wedding so idk...

Most, if not all, churches are 'St' something, even if not known as that e.g. Westminster Abbey is really The Collegiate Church of St Peter.

Not even most. A good many Anglican churches have dedications such as Holy Trinity, All Saints, Christ Church and so on.

You are correct about the Abbey. Which isn't actually even an abbey, having not been under the jurisdiction of an abbot for a good many years!

Not even most. A good many Anglican churches have dedications such as Holy Trinity, All Saints, Christ Church and so on.

You are correct about the Abbey. Which isn't actually even an abbey, having not been under the jurisdiction of an abbot for a good many years!

You have given the three examples that aren't a specific saint or saints as some are to St Peter and St Paul - Holy Trinity, All Saints (not one or two but all of them) and Christ Church.

Yes there are some churches that aren't dedicated to one or two specific saints but they are in minority not the majority and most simply means over 50%. I can think of 100s of St churches but only about 10 that don't have that designation - hence the use of the word most rather than all.

ITN news here in the UK just announced they should have information on a date by half 1

They are saying an offical announcement of the date and place will come soon....

Just in
Westminster Abbey on Friday April 29 on St Catherine's Day

Just in

Great that a date has been set and venue chosen. We look forweard to the bank holiday!!!

Great news! The day will be a public holiday so we will all be getting a day off to celebrate! My mum is already planning a BBQ for family lol!

It will be interesting how the bank holiday turns out as the 22nd and 25th April are already bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday and the 2nd May for May Day Holiday so will they really give us 2 four day weekends in a row or will they recycle May Day?

Just in

Great date!!I was pretty close with may a few weeks ago,that was an option,but april 29th,St.Catherine's Day,is a nice coincedence too,a good omen.:p

This is wonderful news!!!!! I am so pleased that it will be a spring wedding and will be held at Westminster Abbey AND it will be a public holiday! I am sure it will be a truely wonderful day filled with all the pomp and ceremony that we can possibly muster under austere times!

It sounds as if we will have two long weekends in a row - Easter weekend and Royal Wedding/May Day weekend! I think we all deserve it!!!

All I need to think about now is whether to have abit of a party that day...BBQ sounds great or a buffet with red, white and blue bunting!

Yaaaay! I am so happy they are having it in April and at Westminster Abby! And a Bank Holiday to boot! I will have the day off! Oh wait.....I don't live in Great Britian....:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom