Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF this is true, I wonder if that gives an indication of which uniform William will be wearing. I can't really see him wearing the RAF uniform when riding a horse accompanied by household cavalry.

Is anyone going to be watching and posting at this site on the 29th? I am looking forward to reading everyone's opinions about the day and to see if the coverage from their country is any different from mine.

I would be very, very surprised if this happens. I think that there will likely be a camera to catch footage of the royal party arriving back at the Palace, where the carriages will draw up; but I can't see the cameras being allowed inside, particularly during the cake cutting and so on. It just doesn't seem like a British Royal Family thing to do.

so we can hope that the Queen's reception will allow, versus, the cameras of the BBC to have access to the reception including the wedding cake. I can not believe that in receiving so many heads of state, Governors, Prime ministers and Royalty, the Queen does not allow cameras inside BP.

I'll be watching from 3 or 4 am east coast us time. BBCAMERICA.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

Is anyone going to be watching and posting at this site on the 29th? I am looking forward to reading everyone's opinions about the day and to see if the coverage from their country is any different from mine.

I believe a lot of people will be doing just that. The only thing is I live in Brazil,, so will have to rely on my cable to watch, thus my coverage will be the same as other members'. I just found out a channel here is dedicating one special every Friday till the 29th. And on actual week of the wedding each day will have more shows (from what I saw at their site these special have already aired in american channels).

I would be very, very surprised if this happens. I think that there will likely be a camera to catch footage of the royal party arriving back at the Palace, where the carriages will draw up; but I can't see the cameras being allowed inside, particularly during the cake cutting and so on. It just doesn't seem like a British Royal Family thing to do.

as much as I would love that Rosapru was right, I don't seem them doing that. We never know. Maybe they don't do videos, but could considerate releasing pictures, that would be a plus.

CP Victoria' wedding was very unique. I have watch again on YT this week, and it made me understand the difference between those monarchies, and appreciate each one because of that.

And about William kissing Kate at the Abbey, I can see QEII crying at the ceremony more likely than this. :lol:

About the coverage, I'm sure they will ask someone Fashion related to be a commentator, so when the CR's and other Royals start to arrive I'll be betting they will intervene and ask for a close up, if not for the political importance, for the pure what's-she-is-wearing approach

as much as I would love that Rosapru was right, I don't seem them doing that. We never know. Maybe they don't do videos, but could considerate releasing pictures, that would be a plus.

CP Victoria' wedding was very unique. I have watch again on YT this week, and it made me understand the difference between those monarchies, and appreciate each one because of that.
I have heard as I've said countless times since the engagement that William understands the level of interest and was thinking about allowing photogs either inside BP for a short time or in the quadrangle during the reception to take pictures. Again I had heard this back in November so I dunno how much has changed since then. But I really wouldn't be surprised if we got something though I am doubting we will get videos from inside BP and if we do get any it will not be anywhere near the level of Victoria and Daniel.

I'll be watching for sure from 2 a.m. MDT US and will have my laptop open in front of me. BBC will be on the TV and maybe the occasional look at streaming video from other sources. Perhaps I'll commandeer my husband's lap top, since he will be asleep (!) and watch on it as well! My family will think I've slipped over the edge!

It will be great fun to read other postings during the festivities!!!!

:previous: Let's be honest here, It all comes down to $$$$, lots of them. She is being offered an obscene amount of money and she is allowed her shot at fame. Although I have to admit, what on earth does she really know about anything except once upon a time she was one of Diana's wedding attendants. :ermm:

India Hicks is the daughter of Lady Pamela Hicks née Mountbatten, who is a first cousin of Prince Philip and a former lady-in-waiting and bridesmaid of the Queen, a very close friend since childhood and a trusted confidante. She shouldn't need any money in her life, as she is one of the grandchildren of Edwina Countess Mountbatten of Burma who was the main heiress of international magnate Sir Ernest Cassel. Theres plenty of money still in the family and Lady Pamela only has one sister and three children.

Both Lady Pamela and her daughter have before been allowed by the queen to work for documentaries about the Royal family and it is known that they present insider knowledge that the RF wants to have heard. Thus I'm interested in what Ms. Hicks has to say.

Prince William on a white horse, surrounded by mounted riders from his former regiment, riding to the Abbey! Sigh. It sounds almost too good to be true! Well, we can all dream!

What if it rains?? is he able to ride a horse and hold and umbrela at the same time ? :p

Um...I think that generals rode white horses when they were going to war.;):lol:

Prince William on a white horse, surrounded by mounted riders from his former regiment, riding to the Abbey! Sigh. It sounds almost too good to be true! Well, we can all dream!

Um...I think that generals rode white horses when they were going to war.;):lol:

there's been rumors about anarchist groups protesting, so you never know.

So I was wondering, fellow TRF members, what moment(s) YOU are most looking for? What would you love to witness even if you're not sure would be possible?

India Hicks is the daughter of Lady Pamela Hicks née Mountbatten, who is a first cousin of Prince Philip and a former lady-in-waiting and bridesmaid of the Queen, a very close friend since childhood and a trusted confidante. She shouldn't need any money in her life, as she is one of the grandchildren of Edwina Countess Mountbatten of Burma who was the main heiress of international magnate Sir Ernest Cassel. Theres plenty of money still in the family and Lady Pamela only has one sister and three children.

Both Lady Pamela and her daughter have before been allowed by the queen to work for documentaries about the Royal family and it is known that they present insider knowledge that the RF wants to have heard. Thus I'm interested in what Ms. Hicks has to say.

Thank you for reminding me of this! Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my addled mind I had thought I'd seen both the Lady Pamela and her daughter India on a special recently where they BOTH talked about being in wedding parties. Pamela for HM and India for Diana. Pamela had the bridesmaid dress with her that she wore for HM's wedding and it was remarked about how scratchy the material was and then talked about the undergarments worn to prevent itching.

IF this is true, I wonder if that gives an indication of which uniform William will be wearing. I can't really see him wearing the RAF uniform when riding a horse accompanied by household cavalry.

I can't either.
If this rumor is true, then I'm certain William (and Harry too) will wear their Household Cavalry uniforms.

That would look best, since the uniforms will match!

But- is it true?
It would be a wonderful touch!

I can't either.
If this rumor is true, then I'm certain William (and Harry too) will wear their Household Cavalry uniforms.

That would look best, since the uniforms will match!

But- is it true?
It would be a wonderful touch!

Ahhh.. but what would really be romantic is if William and Kate rode off into the sunset on a gallant steed AFTER the ceremony ala Runaway Bride.
Ain't gonna happen though. :ROFLMAO:

Not with the firm..
Snubbed would be the word for THAT day..

I have my BBC America upgraded, and Im soo disappointed our cable company does NOT have the GENUINE BBC London Broadcast..
Do not care for the American version..After the wedding, the upgrade will be downgraded..and...cannot get the channels in the bedroom...only on the dig box...cable company sent adaptors (small boxes) to bring in the digital from analog..

If not for the wedding I would NOT waste the extra 13.00..

Not with the firm..
Snubbed would be the word for THAT day..

I have my BBC America upgraded, and Im soo disappointed our cable company does NOT have the GENUINE BBC London Broadcast..
Do not care for the American version..After the wedding, the upgrade will be downgraded..and...cannot get the channels in the bedroom...only on the dig box...cable company sent adaptors (small boxes) to bring in the digital from analog..

If not for the wedding I would NOT waste the extra 13.00..

We're lucky I guess. BBCA comes with our satellite package and lately we've been tuning into it more and more. Not just for the royal wedding coming up but we've also gotten into watching the Tudors and BBC news for world news reports.

I'll definitely be using BBCA for the entire wedding. Now.. if Mr. Remote was to hook up the other TV in the same room... :whistling:

I would love to listen to the BBCA news.
Does it run like FOX?

I would love to listen to the BBCA news.
Does it run like FOX?

Its a channel that is part of our satellite package. Just like Fox is or any other channel out there. Best to check with your provider to see if they offer it or not.

One thing nice though is this wedding is so huge that there are a plethora of different channels that will be covering it and its really a pick and choose situation. The main feed is BBC and that's what every channel will be picking up from what I understand. I think someone would have to literally live under a rock (luckily I live on top of mine) to NOT find coverage of this wedding. :)

Rosapru said:
For an events on this scale, the commentators have lists with name and function etc... of each guest. The royals, but also celebrities, members of the Parliament and from each political party, heads of state, ambassadors, Governors General and prime ministers. We'll see the arrivals, the people take their seat inside the Abbaye, the wedding itself, the departure and the procession, the balcony kiss and the appareance of the whole royal family, the flypast, the arrival of the guests inside Buckingham Palace (I just found the arrival of the carriage of Charles and Diana inside the palace courtyard and the arrival of many guests, I had never saw these photos before). We can hope we'll see cameras inside the many rooms where QEII will receive the dignitiaries because things change and the B. Royal Family knows it more than any Royal Family.
This event has generated too much passion and madness throughout the world for the royal family not to use it as much as it can. To capitalize on this young couple, I think it will open the doors of BP. Besides the reception offered by the Prince of Wales in the evening is stamped "private party", so we can hope that the Queen's reception will allow, versus, the cameras of the BBC to have access to the reception including the wedding cake. I can not believe that in receiving so many heads of state, Governors, Prime ministers and Royalty, the Queen does not allow cameras inside BP. Then, in previous marriages, Internet did not exist. The information could not be relayed instantly like today. And there was no major marriage for 30 years in the UK. Edward's marriage was not a major one and it took place shortly after the death of Diana. That of Charles and Camilla was a remarriage that has spilled too much ink. Marriages in Spain, Denmark and Sweden are all marriages of the Internet era, and information transmitted instantaneously to millions of people simultaneously. The British royal family has not had the opportunity to do otherwise.
I want to think this times they are going to surprise us. I hope !!!

Edward married in 1999, 2 years after Dianas death didn't he?
I cannot see none of this happening, no inside BP, no videos of the reception, speech, cake cutting, first dance etc. The royals are incredible private, look how they reacted to Peter and his magazine deal and that was not that long ago. The European royals are much more open than the British. Why should The Queen allow cameras inside, what is primarily her home and where they are celebrating a family wedding (not a state occasion). Yes he is the future King but we're seeing the service, the balcony and the kiss and that's what I expected. Also I haven't seen that much "passion" for the royal wedding except for here on this forum.

Last edited:
Mia_mae said:
there's been rumors about anarchist groups protesting, so you never know.

So I was wondering, fellow TRF members, what moment(s) YOU are most looking for? What would you love to witness even if you're not sure would be possible?

It would be fascinating if Catherine's father, Michael and William's father, Prince Charles...both made congratulatory speeches during the wedding breakfast at BP...that just so happened to be televised

And a speech by the Queen congratulating the couple is also televised sometime after the wedding...

About the TV coverage Comcast Launches On-Demand Royal Wedding Channel - The Hollywood Reporter
don't know if this is true

It would be fascinating if Catherine's father, Michael and William's father, Prince Charles...both made congratulatory speeches during the wedding breakfast at BP...that just so happened to be televised

And a speech by the Queen congratulating the couple is also televised sometime after the wedding...

That would be great. Perhaps some clips during the Christmas Message? anyways...

I'm thinking about mine. There are so many. But regardless, PoW is definitely one of the people that I'll be "watching" during the ceremony. It will be his son' wedding and the fact that his mother won't be there must make a little more emotional. someway or another I'm sure we'll get to witness a sweet, or even bittersweet moment among them.

About the TV coverage Comcast Launches On-Demand Royal Wedding Channel - The Hollywood Reporter

That would be great. Perhaps some clips during the Christmas Message? anyways...
:previous:Possibly it would be after the wedding...:lol:

I'm thinking about mine. There are so many. But regardless, PoW is definitely one of the people that I'll be "watching" during the ceremony. It will be his son' wedding and the fact that his mother won't be there must make a little more emotional. someway or another I'm sure we'll get to witness a sweet, or even bittersweet moment among them.

:previous:Interesting...I don't recall the lack of emotion due to the absence of Diana at William's graduation from St. Andrew's, or during his pass out at Sandhurst, or his receipt of his RAF pilot's wings, or his......

As a matter of fact it is quite hilarious that so many similarities between Catherine and Diana as royal brides can be inferred from a blue gem, attached to a ring, worn on a finger, on the left hand...:lol:

IMHO...

I would not be surprised at all if several videos show up on the 29th on youTube and the ilk. Everyone has a phone, even at something like the wedding, and
Will be sending pics and tweeting and so on. This is the younger generation, the
Electronically hard wired generation.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

I feel old! I remember Prince William when he was born, Diana's pregnancy. Now he is getting married. Whoa. :ROFLMAO:

Now that would be a good idea kinda like what they did with Harry's baptism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom