Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is customary to wear a signet ring on the hand one uses the least...for William that would be his right () hand, a wedding band would be worn on his left () hand...wearing more than one ring is considered poor etiquette

I really don't see William wearing a signet ring, it doesn't go with his "style" or should I say age. Maybe it's a cultural thing, I associate those rings with malandros (our version of vagrant) more than to royalty.

There's a lot of mean press lately concerning William's hair loss, with jokes, etc.

Some of the comments are interesting, with one young man who lost his hair at 17 mentioning how unhappy it made him because of the jokes and people laughing at him. He said he's sure William feels just as bad.

I was wondering if the jokes are mostly from other men?
I think men put much more importance on hair loss than women do.
It seems to me that most women don't truly care about whether a man is bald or not; his other traits are more important.

What does everyone think?

not very wedding related but, I'll state my point anyway :p
He should not be judge by the amount of hair is his had, but (and this is really hypocritical of me) I was watching a montage with a video timeline of their romance, and it showed pieces of when he went to Raleigh, with his father at St Andrews, The day he graduated, and all I could focus on was his hair! "Why ? why?" "he does have the money! does he not care?" "does he realize how much thinner is getting?" . I assume he does not care so, I'm ok with it :lol:

Marilyn's Royal Blog: Is Prince William's hair destroying the monarchy?

perhaps someone could ask him directly about the ring and/or the hair? :p

Recent tweets from Richard Palmer :
Prince William won't want to be outdone by his brother so look out for updates from RAF Valley on Friday in the UK

Great words from Prince Harry today. I've been travelling up to Anglesey, where Prince William will show the Queen around his base Friday.

Twitter

Last edited:
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20477911

Prince Harry plans to 'Embarass' Prince William in best man speech

And for William, there's the rub: "It's me and a couple of his friends, so between the three of us, we'll make sure that we dig him in the ribs a few times and embarrass him," Harry says. "Make him lose some hair."

PrincessKaimi said:
I've been told here that the Queen Mum wore her own family's tiara (the Strathmore? Did I get it right?) and that it's fairly unassuming looking (under her veil).
]

This blog is saying it was a gift but not worn wedding day- I am so confused on what's right.....but either way I used to like it for Kate but actually dislike it now, plus it might be tranished so then she probably can't wear it....

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/03/tiara-thursday-strathmore-rose.html

Last edited:
People Mobile: Homepage

Prince Harry plans to 'Embarass' Prince William in best man speech

And for William, there's the rub: "It's me and a couple of his friends, so between the three of us, we'll make sure that we dig him in the ribs a few times and embarrass him," Harry says. "Make him lose some hair."

more ? :p
How I would love to be a fly at this reception just to witness this speech. But he did also said his gradma would be in the room, so I imagine him doing some editing to deliver a PG13 version of the real thing.

Certainly, in my parents' generation (which really wasn't that long ago, men did not routinely wear wedding rings in the parts of the country where I had family (mostly U.S. Western states).

Many working men where I live now don't wear them either, and some younger guys see it as a sign they are really doing things with their hands (it's dangerous to wear a ring if you are around many kinds of machinery, including engines).

Isn't William in the military?

Last edited:
more ? :p
How I would love to be a fly at this reception just to witness this speech. But he did also said his gradma would be in the room, so I imagine him doing some editing to deliver a PG13 version of the real thing.

Yeah with the type of audience he'll have, I'm sure he'll be choose he\is words very carefully, but I'd still love to be able to hear it.

1218062-1.jpg

Okay, hopefully this image can be maximized. The blog doesn't say she didn't wear it - and people here have definitely said she did. I thought I could see it after it was pointed out to me in this picture (but my eyes aren't perfect).

I really like the Strathmore rose, but I don't think we'll see it. It might pop up as a suitable tiara for one of the princesses, like Beatrice or Eugenie, when the time comes. Since William will be an heir/king to an entirely new generation, I'm beginning to think a brand new tiara for Catherine of Wales will show up.:w00t:

Kind words from Harry:

He said: 'A younger brother or younger sister would have been nicer, but to have a big sister is obviously very, very nice.
I've got to know Kate pretty well, but now that she's becoming part of the family, I'm really looking forward to getting her under my wing - or she'll be taking me under her wing probably. 'She's a fantastic girl. She really is. My brother's very lucky, and she's very lucky to have my brother. I think the two of them are a perfect match.'
It's a big deal,' Harry said. 'It's not just a normal wedding.'It's a really big decision for him to bring Kate into the family.
'It's obviously a huge amount of pressure for him, with the public perception and everything like that.'

Harry added: 'And I think he's done the right thing. He's waited, and he's done it when he feels right, and it's a huge step.
Read more: Royal Wedding: Diana would have been 'very, very proud', says Harry | Mail Online

Bah I like NEED info from this reception! bah I'd KILL to hear Harry's speech.

He also said this: Prince William’s 2yr wait to marry Kate Middleton | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

K I just watched the documentary Chasing The Royals and I liked it until the end. I HATED what they said about William and Kate's marriage. They said after some incident when some papz took photos of Kate, Wills told her to sue and she refused and he put off the engagement for months. The they said they witnessed the first bit of tension at the St. Andrews public appearance when William was in the car BEFORE her and the papz said I cringed and thought careful Kate don't forget who the real royal is who the real star is. She was LOVING the attention from the media they said and that he doesn't want her in London to make friends with the media so that's why he's staying in Wales after their marriage. And you should have seen my mouth it was wide open and like in my head I was going where do these people get these ideas from like honestly?!!!

Last edited:
K I just watched the documentary Chasing The Royals and I liked it until the end. I HATED what they said about William and Kate's marriage. They said after some incident when some papz took photos of Kate, Wills told her to sue and she refused and he put off the engagement for months. The they said they witnessed the first bit of tension at the St. Andrews public appearance when William was in the car BEFORE her and the papz said I cringed and thought careful Kate don't forget who the real royal is who the real star is. She was LOVING the attention from the media they said and that he doesn't want her in London to make friends with the media so that's why he's staying in Wales after their marriage. And you should have seen my mouth it was wide open and like in my head I was going where do these people get these ideas from like honestly?!!!

LOL, what? I recall Kate saying in Wales that she has to hurry up because William is much faster than her. I think this comes from practice. Prince Charles is often waiting for Camilla too. She's chatty and friendly. NOT with the paps, of course, but with the people there to meet them.

LOL, what? I recall Kate saying in Wales that she has to hurry up because William is much faster than her. I think this comes from practice. Prince Charles is often waiting for Camilla too. She's chatty and friendly. NOT with the paps, of course, but with the people there to meet them.
Exactly she was prob just chatty with the people but that paparazzi on the program claimed she was loving the spotlight and attention she was getting from the photographers that's why she was taking her time. I was like where do they find these people?! Honestly seems like they're getting worse as the years go by.

Last edited:
By the by I'd be careful about any news you read today, it is 1st April & the UK press love a good April Fools & seeing if anyone believes it. They can be quite crafty with slipping in something ridiculous that you believe for a bit then realise how silly you've been! Lol!

I had to look twice then I scrolled down a bit and relized it was not Kate who does the DM think they are fooling... I hope they retract this or I missed the part that said this was a look a like .... first clue no ring,second kate does not wear fake nails, thrid the look a like is (edit so as not to be rude) bigger.. then Kate. not a funny April fools...at all...

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton pictured eyeing up baby clothes | Mail Online

Last edited:
I thought it was quite funny? They had me at first glance but then it got more unlikely after the pics became more silly. :lol:

Besides, don't be rude and call a girl who's body type is as normal as the next person's fat.

I thought it was quite funny? They had me at first glance but then it got more unlikely after the pics became more silly. :lol:

Besides, don't be rude and call a girl who's body type is as normal as the next person's fat.

sorry, then I'll edit..It was my opinion that the girl was bigger then Kate I don't know her so I did not see it as rude... May you keep your opinion...

Last edited:
I had to look twice then I scrolled down a bit and relized it was not Kate who does the DM think they are fooling... I hope they retract this or I missed the part that said this was a look a like .... first clue no ring,second kate does not wear fake nails, thrid the look a like is to fat.. to be Kate. not a funny April fools...at all...

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton pictured eyeing up baby clothes | Mail Online

Thats the Daily Mail's April Fool's Day prank!

:previous:

yeah I got that much ... lol now but I must say they only had me for the first two pics... after that I was hold on ...:lol::ermm:

RE: NO Wedding Ring for William issue:

I went into a mad research about wedding rings on royal grooms and younger members of the aristocratic social set. It turns out that quite a number of grooms either don’t have one or don’t wear them. I’ve listed my findings in my blog, complete with links to pictures or videos, for those who care to find out….

Royal Wedding Updates: Ringless William Plus Revelations from Harry | British Royals

Recently there have been a lot of 'she's related' stories, from Kennedy to George Washington to Ellen DeGeneres.

The Queen Mother didn't wear the Strathmore Rose tiara on her wedding day. She wore a band of myrtle around her head with a York rose on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom