Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in my opinion :
Local: Westminster Abbey (I would like to be St. Paul)
Date: Any Saturday in June (June 18, 2011)
Dress: Certainly the British fashion designer. The simple and a noble and very beautiful wedding dress. I'm guessing she might lace veil.
Tiara: Diamond or emerald
Music: Sir Paul McCartney

Especially the royal families of Europe and the world will attend the wedding of King and Queens. Crown prince and princesses in all European royal family and many princes, princesses will be there.
I think King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia, King Gustav & Silvia, Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik, King Albert & Queen Paola, Queen Rania, Queen Noor, King Harald & Queen Sonja, Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teressa, King Constantine & Queen Anne-Marie, Prince Albert, Princess Lalla Salma will attened the wedding

I wish I could be there.
TRF to be selected by drawing lots from a few people, what do you think?

Since we are hearing that they may make the wedding a bank holiday, I believe that they will pick a weekday to maximize the holiday effect. Maybe a Monday or a Friday to make it a 3-day weekend?

I'm sure a few crowned heads would attend, but I would like to see more of the second generation, as they are closer to age to William.

Love to see Guillaume & Charlotte attend. But the likelihood of Charlotte is almost zero.

I doubt many of the other Royal houses will attend. It's not as if any of the Brits are paticulary close to others.

I agree with this statement. Also, I read in one of the papers here in Australia that because William is not the head of state or 1st in line, the wedding will not be a state occasion and therefore some of the ceremonial will be toned down a touch. I assume this would also mean less crowned heads in attendance.
---------------------------------
I personally hope for St. Pauls Cathedral as the wedding venue. I dont know how I would feel getting married where my mothers funeral was if I was William if they chose Westminster.

On a slightly selfish note, I think a date at the end of June/early July would be great. This is when I am on school holidays next year and can stay up and watch it on TV.

I personally hope for St. Pauls Cathedral as the wedding venue. I dont know how I would feel getting married where my mothers funeral was if I was William if they chose Westminster.

Westminster is where he'll eventually be crowned. It's where his father will be crowned. What will he do, have his coronation somewhere else just because his mother's funeral was there?

I's an Abbey, it's what they are used for...

Weddings, Thanksgiving services, Rememberance readings and Funerals. Oh and can't forget Coronations ;)

I agree with this statement. Also, I read in one of the papers here in Australia that because William is not the head of state or 1st in line, the wedding will not be a state occasion and therefore some of the ceremonial will be toned down a touch. I assume this would also mean less crowned heads in attendance.
---------------------------------

On a slightly selfish note, I think a date at the end of June/early July would be great. This is when I am on school holidays next year and can stay up and watch it on TV.

I don't understand the Diana's funeral issue. Diana didn't die in Westminster and she isn't entombed there. Westminster is over 1000 years old and some of the most significant people in the England's history are buried or commemorated there. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip were married and her coronation was held at Westminster. But because it was the place of Diana's funeral service it's wrong for Prince William to get married there?

I don't get it.

I don't understand the Diana's funeral issue. Diana didn't die in Westminster and she isn't entombed there. Westminster is over 1000 years old and some of the most significant people in the England's history are buried or commemorated there. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip were married and her coronation was held at Westminster. But because it was the place of Diana's funeral service it's wrong for Prince William to get married there?

I don't get it.

The issue is why is William apparently pushing this venue? One report is that the reason William wants to be married there is because it is where his mother's funeral took place. If that is the reason there is an issue there but if it is because it is a place of worship where many members of his family have had their funerals, including his mother but not exclusively hers, weddings, coronations etc then there isn't an issue.

I first suggested the Lover's Knot tiara, but now that I've seen pictures of the Strathmore tiara, I prefer that one :)

I first suggested the Lover's Knot tiara, but now that I've seen pictures of the Strathmore tiara, I prefer that one :)

I think the Strathmore tiara would look perfect on Kate for her wedding day. As I kind of expect some simple elegance in her bridal attire, this tiara would be perfect. It also would be a good choice no matter how her hair is styled for the day.

Date: Any Saturday in June (June 18, 2011)
King Juan Carlos ?

June 18th is the final day of Royal Ascot.
King Juan Carlos, hasn't attended any recent european weddings, except his own childrens I believe.

I predict CP Victoria will attend. After all, don't William and Victoria have a Greek prince as their godchild?

In that case, then CP Frederik and CP Felipe should go too.

Sharing a godchild, means they will attend each others wedding?

Since we can rule out Carl-Philip attending if he cant bring Sofia along(he didnt go to a friends wedding because she couldnt go along) After all, this event will be the target of extremists that want to hurt the UK

Music: Elton John

There is a majoy difference between the wedding of a prince, and the wedding of a friend?
Who says this event will be targeted by extremists?

I predict CP Victoria will attend. After all, don't William and Victoria have a Greek prince as their godchild?

In that case, then CP Frederik and CP Felipe should go too.

As William didn't go to Victoria's wedding having a godchild in common doesn't mean that they will attend each other's weddings.

The end of April sounds perfect for this wedding to me. What I'm really liking is the reports coming through that the couple wish to have more of the ordinary people invited to this wedding rather than restricting the guest list to, as one report put it, the good and the great. I think we're going to see a wedding that will be a celebration for all of us to be happy about.

As William didn't go to Victoria's wedding having a godchild in common doesn't mean that they will attend each other's weddings.

I believe the British Royal family has been traditionally, closer to the Spanish, Greek and Danish Royal families... partly because they are related to one another.

I believe the British Royal family has been traditionally, closer to the Spanish, Greek and Danish Royal families... partly because they are related to one another.

They're related to the Swedish Royal Family as well. Princess Margaret of Connaught, Queen Victoria's granddaughter, married into the Swedish royal family and gave birth to the current Swedish king's father.

The British Royal Family is related to all the Scandinavian Royals along with the Belgians through common descent from Queen Victoria, King Christian and even further back the Saxe-Coburgs.

The Norwegians are about 60th or so in line of succession to the British throne and are thus the most closely related due to common descent from Edward VII.

The Greeks and Spanish relationship comes through Philip while those above relate specifically to the Queen.

They are closest to the Greeks because the Greeks live in London due to be kicked out of Greece. As the King of Spain married a Greek princess they know them well. However the King of Greece married the sister of the Queen of Denmark so there is still a family connection there.

Then you have Philip's aunt being the step-mother of the Swedish family. She was Queen Louise of Sweden.

Do you think William will be obliged to put his royal God children in the wedding? It seems the British royals only use children of family or close friends.
:curtsey: :crown5: :onering:

I hope the wedding is in April or May....the weather is kind of nasty and unpredictable in March!

But I looove Westminster Abbey!:whistling:

Do you think William will be obliged to put his royal God children in the wedding? It seems the British royals only use children of family or close friends.
:curtsey: :crown5: :onering:

No - he will only have to have one or two supporters on his side and Kate can have as many or as few attendents as she wishes. She might just have her sister or might go the whole hog and have some friends and one or more of William's cousins.

Kate would probably have her sister and Beatrice and Eugenie as her supporters, I'm guessing.

The Greeks and Spanish relationship comes through Philip while those above relate specifically to the Queen.

The Spanish royal family is also related trough the Queen. While Queen Elizabeth II is a direct descendant of Edwad VII, King Juan Carlos in the great-grandson of Beatrice, Queen Victoria's youngest child.

Kate would probably have her sister and Beatrice and Eugenie as her supporters, I'm guessing.

I think Zara is more likely to be considered rather than Beatrice or Eugenie due to closeness in age and closeness to William. I get the feeling that the Yorks are rather on the outer looking in with the other cousins but I am probably totally wrong. I just don't remember seeing the girls with the other royal cousins all that often, even when at the same events they don't seem to be seen with them.

Who knows if this is true or not, but if it is....good for him for taking control and making it what he and Kate want. He many have Royal blood. but he also has his mother's blood in him. Let's just hope he, Kate and his team can work with the BP team to pull it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom