Wedding of William & Catherine: Reflections on the Royal Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenora

Heir Presumptive
City
Riga
Country
Latvia
What did you like in generally?
I enjoyed all the ceremony,the nicest part was the arrival of Kate and glimpse at her wedding dress.In the ceremony I was particularly touched by the moment Kate and William exchanged their vows,when Kate pronounced the vows ,it seemed as she was crying(though not) and smiling at the same time.
And kiss on the balcony demonstrated all the depth of their affection.I think they make a nice royal couple indeed.
Besides this,there were some funny moments(the priest scene).Unfortunately,they didn't show the exact arriaval of royal guests.

Thank you for starting a thread up about the "wedding in general," and from a positive perspective. There's been so much talk about titles, tiaras and dresses, surely there needs to be a thread about the wedding in general

Some of my impressions may need to be corrected, but here they are:

The female guests really got into the notion of hats and fascinators (I do not remember quite so many at the last two Royal Weddings I watched). It was amazing to see, and quite entertaining. There was one lady, in her sixties I'd say, in all purple who looked quite stunning. I wish I knew she was. (And not to be too much off topic, but I didn't enjoy the woman in the purple wide brimmed conical hat with the red dress). Most people showed respect or reserve in their choice of headgear - or creativity. I was disappointed in the prime minister's wife.

The chorale music and orchestral music was amazing. What a treasure this is for England, everyone must be so proud. The choirs (combined from two places as I understand it) were amazing and so well-rehearsed. The orchestra was so good, one forgot it was a live performance. The one mistake by the trumpeter as HM entered was not commented upon by the BBC commentators - which was nice, no need to cause a trumpeter to feel badly on television.

The service itself was moving, religious and I believe the young couple really paid attention and felt it. They were getting married, and Prince William looked very much as if he felt the responsibility and the awe of the long linkage such an act is supposed to make. The bride can't seem to look at him in any way except with adoration. That was lovely to see.

Her Majesty, the Queen, looked lovely, although a bit tired and Prince Phillip was nothing short of amazing, in his handsomeness (for such an elderly man). Such bearing.

I enjoyed watching Prince Harry walk up the aisle, with his slightly bandy-legged, almost goofy walk - he is not a charmer, but he is so dear and natural, and a perfect companion to his more self-possessed elder brother.

All those camera views (from BBC, anyway) were amazing, and we felt like we really there. It was very moving, open and elegant. The trees were a great touch. On the whole, it was the greatest ritual of recent memory, and I think we all needed it.

Thank you, Great Britain and Commonwealth, for making this possible.

Just like PrincessK, so many favorite moments! The trees lining the aisle gave the Abbey a charming, almost cozy feel. That Harry....turning around to look at Kate coming down the aisle with that big smile on his face, then leaning over to say something to his brother. Pippa telling her sister as she got out of the car "you look fantastic!" The balcony and the 2 kisses. PW determined to get THAT RING on Kate's hand, twisting it till it was secure. And the palpable sigh of relief after the ring ceremony when the couple moved away from the altar and sat down. And, yes, the music was incredible!

I did tear up b/c I found it a lovely, intimate occasion and also b/c I couldn't help thinking "Diana should be here!"

The one mistake by the trumpeter as HM entered was not commented upon by the BBC commentators - which was nice, no need to cause a trumpeter to feel badly on television.

I didn't notice this! You must have a wonderful ear for music...still, it's all those little quirks that make a day unique. How considerate of the commentators.

My favourite bit was seeing the crowd surge up The Mall with the line of police in front - the green trees lining both sides, the Arch at the back and the crowd, all humanity represented, hazy in the distance and multi-coloured and squirming with joy and euphoria in the foreground. It was a brilliant moment.

I didn´t like what made ​​the Brits. tv that only saw the British royal family and not the other guests.

When James Middleton read the text, he was superb. And seeing the little page boys and girls.

Other than the boring parts...I enjoyed watching Will and Harry walk down the aisle. Harry crying. The bride and her father walking down the aisle.

But my favorite moment has got to be when Harry sneaked a peek. I loved that part:)

One of my favourite moments watching the coverage was when the choir were coming towards the end of singing one of the pieces mid way through the service and there was a long shot of William & Catherine who had moved to the altar and were stood simply side by side. The abbey looked wonderful, the music was beautiful and the two outlines of the bride and groom completed a magical composition.

All the pleasure for me. Noble and a great button-planned wedding.
William and Cahterine very cute and in love with each other. This image was amazing. Prince Henry the sympathetic and the wicked, pleasant and cheerful.
I hope as soon as a suitable partner to marry Prince Henry himself.

Other than the boring parts...I enjoyed watching Will and Harry walk down the aisle. Harry crying. The bride and her father walking down the aisle.

But my favorite moment has got to be when Harry sneaked a peek. I loved that part:)

Harry cried??? I MISSED that bit!!! When was this, during the ceremony or later?

I enjoyed the most seeing them in the carriage ride to Buckingham Palace. They seemed so relaxed. Their love for each other is genuine. I enjoyed watching the wedding ceremony.

The one thing that will stand out is the hats and headpieces some of the women wore but this is off topic.

Last night there was a repeat of the royal wedding (hightlights, I should say) and I watched this.

For some I suggest reading the first post again cause you are missing the point, tell us what you DID enjoy. pfff !

Well :) it's hard to said cause I really enjoyed everything, but I try to remember my favorite parts:

- If you' have followed the couple' story you know how little we have seen of them together and trying to hide themselves. So just to see them together and acknowledging the relatioship in front of the world should rank as one of my favorite "things".

- atmosphere: I myself was not in London :p , but from my TV could fell the general great feeling of the place.

- bride's dress: Really really love it. As libelula name was the last mentioned as the possible designer I was ready to see something ... not for my taste. But when she left the car and reveal the design......... I was extremely happy. Later on seeing pictures inside from inside the Abbey you can actually see the details on it. And that's what I love about Catherine. things have always a meaning behind. Of course Sarah Burton and the McQueen team also should be celebrated for it :)!

- The bridesmaid and pageboys: They behave themselves beautifully, specially considering the amount of people and the size of the isle. Special note to Grace Van Cutsem face's expression. She has turn into a internet sensation and made me laugh every time I saw her covering her ears . Also, Lady Louise looked sooo happy!! anyways, all of them were great!

- Charles helping little Eliza Lopes see the crowd at the balcony! ^^ she and her reddish cheeks were too precious!

- The two kisses. Well no need for further explanation here :p

I'm sure other moments will come to mind later, but for now these are mine's. :)

I loved seeing the little bridesmaids for the first time - they looked so cute in their dresses. They behaved absolutely brilliantly as well for such young children. If I was one of their parents I would be so proud of them.

I loved seeing Harry look round at Kate and then whisper to William.

I also loved watching all the crowd coming up the mall to Buckingham Palace and how well behaved they were behind the police officers. It really made the atmosphere come across on the TV.

I also really loved seeing all the different guest outfits - some made me gasp at how beautiful they were and some made me gasp in horror. :lol:

I didn´t like what made ​​the Brits. tv that only saw the British royal family and not the other guests.

It was a British royal wedding after all. ;)

The most exciting moment for me was when Catherine left the hotel and we got a glimpse of the dress when she drove to the church. Then when she left the car and entered the abbey. Magical. :flowers: All in all I enjoyed the entire ceremony of course.

The marriage service itself; the well-chosen musical items; the hint of informality at certain points in the service.

fave parts

My favorite part was seeing Harry take a peek at the bride and telling William, she's here, wait till you see her! and his cheeky smile, because this was so cute. I loved everything really, how elegant Kate looked how handsome and fairytale prince William looked. I enjoyed the sermon on importance of marriage, Jame's quote from the Bible, I loved William's smiles and how in love the couple looked. I confess I cried about every 15 minutes watching it, I was so moved by the beauty of the event. I really was charmed by little Tom Pettifer and thought he was a relation to the Winsors at first due to resemblence and cheekiness! I can't wait to buy a book on the wedding and Majesty and plan to start collecting royal items now:britflag:

Last edited:
- Charles helping little Eliza Lopes see the crowd at the balcony! ^^ she and her reddish cheeks were too precious!

That was so adorable! :flowers:
Really showed a softer side of Charles.

Wasn't Eliza tiny, though? I thought the three-year-old bridesmaids would be the same size, but Grace was much larger.

William driving Kate to Clarence house in the aston - best moment of the day

My favourite moment of the entire day was when the Duchess turned for a moment whilst stepping off the balcony with the Duke, clearly absorbing the magnitude of the day and those tens of thousands of people who had filled the Mall. The smile which ensued just said it all!

I think she was one very very awestruck woman.

I absolutely loved the whole thing but if I had to chose, here are my top three:

1) When Harry peeked back at the bride coming down the isle and told William
2) The Balcony kiss
3) The drive off in the Aston Martin

There are too many other great moments to list What a brilliant day

My favourite moment of the entire day was when the Duchess turned for a moment whilst stepping off the balcony with the Duke, clearly absorbing the magnitude of the day and those tens of thousands of people who had filled the Mall. The smile which ensued just said it all!

I think she was one very very awestruck woman.

She most certainly appeared to be. When they stepped out on the balcony, I thought I saw her say 'Oh my'. Very impressed by the crowds.

Taped NBC but watched CNN (mostly). Was disappointed that the foreign royals' arrival at the Abbey wasn't televised!

I watched mostly ABC (except when their feed cut out occasionally for a few seconds and turned to NBC) because I don't have cable until I read on the forums that PBS was carrying the BBC coverage, and I switched over immediately but it was already the balcony scene. But PBS keeps rebroadcasting the wedding coverage over the weekend and I've been watching again :D

Island Princess said:
Harry cried??? I MISSED that bit!!! When was this, during the ceremony or later?

It was when they first arrived, right when they got into the abbey. Will was talking to the bishop. If you watch you can see his puffy, tearful eyes and you see him wiping his tears a lot. That part made me want to cry. You could feel the love between the brothers.

The whole thing. It was such a beautiful wedding, and I'm glad I sucked it up and stayed up all night to be able to watch it.

I think I have to admit that I found as a favorite part of all the coverage was that very odd moment where I felt I could leave the room, go to the bathroom, grab a quick snack and not feel like I've missed something. :ROFLMAO:

Impossible to pick one, but my personal highlights:

Harry's backward glance at the altar and comment to William. These two brothers, so different, are eternally bound.

Harry, like many a best man, developed a little crush on the bride. Watch him watching her when she first arrives at the altar. Adorable.

Kate's huge smile as she curtsied and the Queen's semi-repressed smile back. I saw mutual respect and liking.

The carriage ride back to the Palace. The weight of the world off her shoulders, Kate was again relaxed and sunny, clearly having a ball.

The salutes by the brothers on the way to the Abbey, and by the newlyweds as they returned to the Palace. Perfection.

The newlyweds leaving the Palace this morning, looking rested and comfortable in casual weekend clothes. Can you imagine the relief as they retreat to start their new life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom