Wedding of William & Catherine: Member's Plans for Royal Wedding Parties

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happygal

City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
So my birthday is a weekish before the wedding and im planing a Royal wedding/Birthday Pluza at my house as I live in Canada and wont get to have any fun street party's

Just wondering if anyone else is planing on any fun party's? and if anyone had any fun game ideas with a Royal theme to them as the wedding is going to be about 2 am here, we will need something to do while we wait lol.

Thanks.:flowers:

PS Sorry is this shouldn't be posted here.

While we are certainly glad that TRF members are looking for Royal Wedding parties so that members may watch the wedding together (I mean really no one in my family will be watching it :lol:, we definitely encourage everyone to be safe in their endeavors.

Not trying to be negative or rain on anyone's parade (or say anyone here at TRF is bad) but please use caution when arranging to meet someone you were introduced to on the Internet.

Zonk
for the TRF team

While we are certainly glad that TRF members are looking for Royal Wedding parties so that members may watch the wedding together (I mean really no one in my family will be watching it :lol:, we definitely encourage everyone to be safe in their endeavors.

Not trying to be negative or rain on anyone's parade (or say anyone here at TRF is bad) but please use caution when arranging to meet someone you were introduced to on the Internet.

Zonk
for the TRF team

Ok Ms. Zonk.. lets open up the chat room for a special party for anyone that is up and online and watching. We talk and go OOOH and whatnot.
I'll bring the Earl Grey!

Last edited:
No one I know has any plans to watch the wedding at all but many are planning 'no wedding' dinners out with friends or, of course, going to sporting events that they wouldn't normally attend - anything to get away from it seems to be the theme amongst my friends and work colleagues.

The kids at my school, when asked this week, asked 'William who?' and then 'why would we bother?' so not much interest there (of course peer pressure amongst teenagers being what it is, it is possible that interested kids simply didn't want to say that they were interested).

Personally I will be at the football -with my family.

I've got the feeling happygal posted this thread mainly to get tips about things to do if you DO decide to throw a Party. So on that note, anyone else has actual suggestions? :)

Thanks Mia_mae, I like the linked that you posted too, I found a few other game things I can do, so it should be fun.

Royal Wedding at East End Film Festival

CELEBRATE THE ROYAL WEDDING
AT EAST END FILM FESTIVAL
A day of pomp, circumstance and cinema
with Regency wenches, Libertine’s and other historic East End figures
inspiring the ultimate Royal Wedding street party
Friday 29 April 2011, The Water Poet, 11am – 11pm, FREE

Since its first edition in 2001, East End Film Festival has grown to become one of the UK’s largest film festivals. Last year’s festival comprised over 200 screenings and events across 29 venues, reaching an audience of over 30,000 people – and this year East End Film Festival will celebrate its TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY with a programme that promises to be even bigger and better. From our opening night World Premiere gala screening of an all-access documentary about The Libertines, to an array of brilliant British films, hot international premieres, street parties and heritage screenings to celebrate the Royal Wedding, two afternoons of film and music curated by Guillemots and Saint Etienne in collaboration with Camden Crawl, a free outdoor screening in Spitalfields Market of a silent classic with live accompaniment, and a Bank Holiday bonanza of movie madness where hundreds of free screenings, projections, live music and events will be found in every nook and cranny of the East End… there’s a massive sense of celebration in the air!

Another reason to celebrate is the fact that this years festival coincides with the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on 29 April. “When we found out that the Royal Wedding would take place bang in the middle of our dates, we decided a day of royal-related activity was in order,” explains festival director Alison Poltock, ”with music, screenings, and street parties – a full blown local wedding celebration of the East End old and new.”

There’s been a long-established tradition of street parties in the East End of London, with local residents taking to the streets to celebrate royal weddings, coronations, and jubilees. East End Film Festival is therefore dedicating the day of Friday 29 April to pomp, circumstance and cinema by entering into a marriage of convenience with historic local boozer The Water Poet to reinstate THE LIBERTY OF NORTON FOLGATE. This historic area dates to the Doomsday Book and for centuries recognised no law but its own, and whose unruly residents robbed travellers, hid traitors, and had a healthy disrespect for authority. This debauchery has inspired what’s set to be the ultimate Royal Wedding street party with Regency wenches and Libertine’s, music hall entertainment by singer Nichola Jolley and accordion chanteuse Garance Louis, a Sipsmith gin palace, a hog roast, stalls selling pies and puddings, a procession of conjurers and jugglers lead by the Pearly King and Queen of Bow, a horse and dray with Fullers cask ale, haircuts and shaves by a “Sweeney Todd” attired barber from Jack The Clipper, all accompanied by screenings of heritage films of street parties and celebrations of yonder year sourced from the archives of the BFI, the Imperial War Museum and Hackney Archives, plus a live broadcast of the Royal Wedding itself. So come celebrate a national event outside of national governance!

For full details visit East End Film Festival

Since its first edition in 2001, East End Film Festival has grown to become one of the UK’s largest film festivals. Last year’s festival comprised over 200 screenings and events across 29 venues, reaching an audience of over 30,000 people – and this year East End Film Festival will celebrate its TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY with a programme that promises to be even bigger and better. From our opening night World Premiere gala screening of an all-access documentary about The Libertines, to an array of brilliant British films, hot international premieres, street parties and heritage screenings to celebrate the Royal Wedding, two afternoons of film and music curated by Guillemots and Saint Etienne in collaboration with Camden Crawl, a free outdoor screening in Spitalfields Market of a silent classic with live accompaniment, and a Bank Holiday bonanza of movie madness where hundreds of free screenings, projections, live music and events will be found in every nook and cranny of the East End… there’s a massive sense of celebration in the air!

Another reason to celebrate is the fact that this years festival coincides with the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on 29 April. “When we found out that the Royal Wedding would take place bang in the middle of our dates, we decided a day of royal-related activity was in order,” explains festival director Alison Poltock, ”with music, screenings, and street parties – a full blown local wedding celebration of the East End old and new.”

There’s been a long-established tradition of street parties in the East End of London, with local residents taking to the streets to celebrate royal weddings, coronations, and jubilees. East End Film Festival is therefore dedicating the day of Friday 29 April to pomp, circumstance and cinema by entering into a marriage of convenience with historic local boozer The Water Poet to reinstate THE LIBERTY OF NORTON FOLGATE. This historic area dates to the Doomsday Book and for centuries recognised no law but its own, and whose unruly residents robbed travellers, hid traitors, and had a healthy disrespect for authority. This debauchery has inspired what’s set to be the ultimate Royal Wedding street party with Regency wenches and Libertine’s, music hall entertainment by singer Nichola Jolley and accordion chanteuse Garance Louis, a Sipsmith gin palace, a hog roast, stalls selling pies and puddings, a procession of conjurers and jugglers lead by the Pearly King and Queen of Bow, a horse and dray with Fullers cask ale, haircuts and shaves by a “Sweeney Todd” attired barber from Jack The Clipper, all accompanied by screenings of heritage films of street parties and celebrations of yonder year sourced from the archives of the BFI, the Imperial War Museum and Hackney Archives, plus a live broadcast of the Royal Wedding itself. So come celebrate a national event outside of national governance!

Now that sounds like a party!

My daughter is coming to visit me from out of town (she is my partner in crime so to speak), and we are havin an adult royal sleep over. Were gonna need naps earlier, cause the time difference here in canada...But I am first generation Canadian, so Im getting down and making British food of my ancestors;) I think we will be in our jammies, but we will have our fancy hats on!!! Im going to set up the Tv in a good location...and away we go~~~
I heard other ladies local... are dressing up, playing cards, drinking champagne etc...awesome folks:)

That sounds neat, wish there was something like that here,

DianaLP that sounds like a lot of fun,

I have manged to find some neat recipes for drinks and stuff, and im got a nice royal trivia game winner is getting cookies, and we got a bete page including what color hat will the Queen be wherein and were all dressing up, I got new hat! So far there is 12 of us coming and could be more.

Mia_mae Thank you so much for the links and help.

Got invited to my first Royal Wedding viewing party today- we are dressing up and having tea and cakes! Exciting but I shall miss conversing 'live' with everyone as sadly there will be no computer :(

Anyone else invited?

If anyone else from the forums is invited and attending, perhaps we could meet up for a "meet and greet." I'd be interested.

What is everyone doing for the big day?

What is everyone doing for the big day?

I originally thought of having a garden party with close friends and family on the day but my partner kindly reminded me that if CP Victoria's wedding was anything to go by, I'll need absolute quiet in order to concentrate on the actual wedding. Therefore, just my dear old mother is coming to stay (she is not a fan of royalty apparently but will make supportive comments about how nice the Queen looks) and my partner is going to prepare a posh breakfast, lunch and tea that we can all enjoy. He has also suggested putting up Union Jack bunting but has not relented to my request for official commemorative mugs.....yet!

My Mom and I have actually made plans to travel over to London for the event. I'm not quite sure what to expect! I was reading another board earlier where people were trying to make it sound as if the majority of England does not care, it's all of us "foreigners" who are interested. Either way, I'll just be thrilled to be there and be a part of it!

@ILUVEAP are you and your mom traveling with a group or tour company? i was thinking about going and i was looking for a travel buddy or group. thanks! Sunny

I'll be watching in my bedroom (if noone else in my Family is interested. I don't know their plans) I'll be eating some of my Easter chocolate, but not too much. The excitement I'll be feeling during the arrivals, won't be good if I've had too many triangles of my Toblerone :dizzy:

Last edited:
My Mom and I have actually made plans to travel over to London for the event. I'm not quite sure what to expect! I was reading another board earlier where people were trying to make it sound as if the majority of England does not care, it's all of us "foreigners" who are interested. Either way, I'll just be thrilled to be there and be a part of it!

I am absolutely sure you will have a wonderful time,and i live near the city of Bristol where there are dozens of 'Street Parties' planned,and we will watch the Wedding at home,then go to a hotel for a celebration lunch,and then on to the Street Party,where there will be games and traditional English teas,with Scones,jam and clotted cream,fruit cake,cupcakes,Victoria Sponge,icecream,and a huge variety of dainty sandwiches such as salmon & cucumber,Ham,egg mayonaise,cheese & tomato.
And many houses will have flags and bunting ,and we have already put a huge flag outside.
I did go to London for the Queens Golden Jubilee,and the atmosphere was absolutely wonderful,and the pomp and pagentry was wonderful to see.

I really can't imagine watching the wedding with nothing to eat near me but it'll be 3am here and I can't imagine I'll be too hungry so I'm planning on making coffee and pouring it into my royal wedding mug along with my tiara, sapphire ring and matching earrings and crown pendant necklace. After I'm prob going to make chocolate pancakes while they break off for the wedding breakfast. I'll prob also make some cookies the night before as a treat for later on watching primetime coverage.

That's a great idea! (Except my birthday is a little further down the road).

I haven't even thought about how I will celebrate. Seeing as I won't be at my own home, I think I'll just have a few cups of tea.

Since no-one I know will be watching (apart from my mum and sister perhaps), I will probably be watching it alone at home. Hubby will be there too since we work from home but I doubt he'll be watching. As silly it may sound (a royal wedding is always a good excuse for some celebration ;)), I was actually considering making a really nice breakfast followed by a slightly more luxurious lunch than usually with perhaps some champagne afterwards. I am planning on wearing my most beautiful jewellery. Not sure yet what I'll wear on my hair, a fascinator or a tiara. I don't know if it would be too silly to go and buy a tiara for this occasion (I have wanted to get one for years, just for fun) but doesn't every lady deserve some luxury every once in a while..? I do know of course wearing one before the evening goes against the etiquette. :)

They don't know how many parties there will or won't be. All they have to base it on is applications that have been made for road closures. That's fine for towns, but there are countless villages and rural communities where parties may be taking place without the need for road closures. Come to that, even in towns there may be parties planned in off-street locations.

I'm taking Friday off work since my sister, mom, and I will be up late Thursday night (we're in California) watching the wedding. My husband will be joining us for breakfast. So far, my sister's getting the scones but I think we'll need something more substantial for breakfast at 6am. I'm just so excited to see Kate in her wedding dress!!! She's gorgeous and the whole event will be a major treat. :scotflag:

Since no-one I know will be watching (apart from my mum and sister perhaps), I will probably be watching it alone at home. Hubby will be there too since we work from home but I doubt he'll be watching. As silly it may sound (a royal wedding is always a good excuse for some celebration ;)), I was actually considering making a really nice breakfast followed by a slightly more luxurious lunch than usually with perhaps some champagne afterwards. I am planning on wearing my most beautiful jewellery. Not sure yet what I'll wear on my hair, a fascinator or a tiara. I don't know if it would be too silly to go and buy a tiara for this occasion (I have wanted to get one for years, just for fun) but doesn't every lady deserve some luxury every once in a while..? I do know of course wearing one before the evening goes against the etiquette. :)

I'll be by myself too. Am planning to wear a hat with my PJs as it's a hat wedding not a tiara wedding. I have plenty of both to choose from, including my newly acquired Duchess of Durham tiara. ;)

I'm going to make William's cake and enjoy during the wedding or after.

Am really excited for Friday morning, have lots to do before.

As an aside, I've joked with my boyfriend about going to the courthouse Friday and get married since Kate and William are getting married. Doubt we will.

I am not a fan of Tori Spelling, but I thought this was cute!

--------------------------------------
Tori Spelling loves a party – and she's planning to celebrate Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal wedding on Friday in style.

The star of her own party-planning show, Oxygen's sTORIbook Weddings, Spelling especially loves theme parties. So in honor of the royal nuptials, she's going to host a "Royal Wedding Sleepover Party" for her friends and family at her house.

Royal Wedding: Tori Spelling Party for Kate Middleton & Prince William Nuptials : People.com

I really can't imagine watching the wedding with nothing to eat near me but it'll be 3am here and I can't imagine I'll be too hungry so I'm planning on making coffee and pouring it into my royal wedding mug along with my tiara, sapphire ring and matching earrings and crown pendant necklace. After I'm prob going to make chocolate pancakes while they break off for the wedding breakfast. I'll prob also make some cookies the night before as a treat for later on watching primetime coverage.

I have to ask. Why are you putting your tiara, ring, earrings and pendant into your coffee mug? Are they choclate? (Just kidding, but your wording is quite giggle inducing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom