The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 10th March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received winners of the Step Into Health Awards.

His Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon received Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting.

Court Circular 11th March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held a Meeting for the Earthshot Prize.

His Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards received Ms Olivia Garfield (Chief Executive Officer, Severn Trent).

Court Circular 8th April:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held a mental health Meeting via video link.

The Cambridges are supporting a new mental health initiative.

William and Kate are throwing their weight behind a new mental health platform providing round-the-clock support to those working on the coronavirus frontlines. The Duke of Cambridge said in a statement that supporting the platform, which is called Our Frontline, will be the couple’s “top priority for the months ahead.”

William and Kate’s royal foundation is formally backing the service, which is a collaboration between charities Mind, Samaritans, Shout, and Hospice UK. It provides a combination of 1-to-1 support and online resources for NHS workers, carers, the Blue Light emergency services, and key workers whose mental health may be under pressure at this time.

Source

Court Circular 22nd April:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, held a Roundtable Meeting to discuss emergency responder mental health via video link.

Court Circular 24th April:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr. Richard Curtis (Co-Founder, Comic Relief) and Mr. Stephen Fry (Actor and Writer) via video link.

Court Circular 29th April:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon participated in a Roundtable Discussion via video link with charities and organisations supporting pregnant women and new mothers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge has spoken with midwives, health visitors, parents and leading sector experts ahead of the UK’s Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week

Court Circular 1st May:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive) via telephone.

Court Circular 6th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon participated in a Roundtable Discussion via video link with charities and organisations working in the bereavement sector.

That will be interesting to watch.

I just caught a bit of the Shout video conference on the ITV news which seemed to be doing a segment on mental health under lockdown. It's good that it's getting a lot of publicity at the moment, I think people need it.

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The D&D of Cambridge, this morning held a video conference call with representatives from Lifelines Scotland and emergency responders across Scotland.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon talked to staff and residents from Shire Hall Care Home, Cardiff, via video link.

- Court Circular || 20 May 2020

CC Thursday: His Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this evening held a Meeting with Mr William Gates (Co-Chairman and Trustee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) via telephone.

CC Thursday: His Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this evening held a Meeting with Mr William Gates (Co-Chairman and Trustee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) via telephone.

They sure stick to his official name. The whole world knows him as 'Bill Gates' (as is even part of the name of his foundation) but the CC makes sure to remind us that officially he is 'mr William Gates'.

Kind of like some of our own members who insist on referring to Prince Harry ad Henry, a name he has never been called or used himself.

Court Circular 22nd May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held a Meeting with Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive) via telephone.

"The Duke of Cambridge has urged people with mental health needs to speak out. "Now, more than ever, it is important that we talk to one another about issues that we're struggling with. And it is OK to not feel OK,” Prince William said."

Here's the link to William's Mental Health documentary, if you missed the BBC broadcast:

Football, Prince William and Our Mental Health BBC Documentary 2020

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have marked Volunteers’ Week by speaking to volunteers in different parts of the country to thank them for the support that they provide to their communities.

https://www.royal.uk/duke-and-duchess-cambridge-thank-volunteers

I have to point up William keeping true to his promise to become a Shout volunteer!
I remember he said he wanted to last year(?) but mentioned he has been having problems to find the time to do the training, (......)
So I am happy to see he has kept his word.

I have to point up William keeping true to his promise to become a Shout volunteer!
I remember he said he wanted to last year(?) but mentioned he has been having problems to find the time to do the training, (......)
So I am happy to see he has kept his word.

Indeed. He drew some criticism in the months that followed that because KP woujld not confirm if he had done the course or not. I am glad he is now able to share that he has been volunteering.

Good for them. Have they said anything in response to BLM movement and the killing of George Floyd?

That statement is inadequate. Plain and simple.

No I don't, expect them to make the kind of personal statement that Meghan did- they simply could not relate and have ZERO personal experience with racism and prejudice.

However, the could release a statement or do a video message saying that they support the BLM movement, have solidarity, and/or condemn racism and prejudice in all sorts.

The movement and protest has moved well beyond American soil. Thousands of people have been protesting and marching all over London.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...ts-protest-racism-george-floyd-death-n1223866

Even the Mayor of London released a detail statement as well as a video message.

Given Britain's longstanding history of racism and prejudice against black Britons as well as the fact the vast majority of commonwealth citizens are black, it behooves someone or even multiple members of the royal family to speak up. They simply cannot stay silent.

That statement is inadequate. Plain and simple.

No I don't, expect them to make the kind of personal statement that Meghan did- they simply could not relate and have ZERO personal experience with racism and prejudice.

However, the could release a statement or do a video message saying that they support the BLM movement, have solidarity, and/or condemn racism and prejudice in all sorts.

The movement and protest has moved well beyond American soil. Thousands of people have been protesting and marching all over London.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...ts-protest-racism-george-floyd-death-n1223866

Even the Mayor of London released a detail statement as well as a video message.

Given Britain's longstanding history of racism and prejudice against black Britons as well as the fact the vast majority of commonwealth citizens are black, it behooves someone or even multiple members of the royal family to speak up. They simply cannot stay silent.
It's literally their job to stay silent.

That lame excuse simply will not fly.

That lame excuse has kept this family's heads on their shoulders and the Crown on their heads while Europe's monarchies have crumbled and fallen in bloodshed over the centuries.

It will continue to do so whether the excuse "flies" with people in sovereign nations overseas whose support of them or their leadership style is utterly inconsequential.

Reactions: Fem
That lame excuse simply will not fly.
But like... it's not an excuse? The BRF is probably doing what the government wants them to do - which is to stay silent. That's their job and the principle of their existence as the Royal Family. Tbh, their patronages posting statements on Twitter is definitely more than I expected and I think it's in that good spot of showing support while not doing so directly.

I know this movement is so important to many people around the globe and I truly, from the bottom of my heart wish that current protests will bring a positive change. At the same time I don't think BRF should do anything more, I definitely don't want to see either Charles or William saying even one word. This is not how the monarchy works, this is not how this monarchy survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom