The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now she's in Aberdeen for the second visit of today.

The Duchess of Cambridge, or The Countess of Strathearn as she’s known in Scotland, is visiting a cafe in Aberdeen as part of her UK-wide tour to promote her survey on the early years.

Here are some more photos and another video of that second visit:

** dm: Chef Cambridge at your service! Kate dons an apron and black skinny jeans as she helps..**

** gettyimages: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Takes Landmark Early Years Survey To Scotland **

I wouldn't have touched that SNAKE for all the TEA or COFFEE in the:nonono::nonono::nonono::britflag2::canflag2: World!!!

Just when I think I couldn't possibly be more impressed with Catherine she goes and does two engagements like these! I would have to agree with the poster above that some of her very best work really does seem to come out when she's working with children. She's quite clearly enjoying her visit just as much as they all are. And good for her for being a good sport about the snake. I'm afraid I might have had to politely decline that one.:flowers:

Catherine is in her element! I had a go at stroking snakes at a farm visit with my cousin's children since it's something I've always chickened out of and wanted to crack - bit embarrassing considering the kids were all dying to hold the snake and the adult (me) was being a wimp! :D

Court Circular 12th February:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon received Mr Joseph Hart (professional footballer, Burnley Football Club).

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning visited the Ark Open Farm, 296 Bangor Road, Newtownards, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Co Down (Mr David Lindsay).

Her Royal Highness later visited the Social Bite Café, 516 Union Street, Aberdeen, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Aberdeen (Councillor Barney Crockett, the Lord Provost).

Catherine is in her element! I had a go at stroking snakes at a farm visit with my cousin's children since it's something I've always chickened out of and wanted to crack - bit embarrassing considering the kids were all dying to hold the snake and the adult (me) was being a wimp! :D

I know exactly what you mean. It was basically the same type of a situation where we took our Brownie Girl Scout troop to a Nature Center and all the adults backed off but the girls were all eager to actually hold and pet a fuzzy tarantula.

Its amazing that Catherine was able to put any fear of snakes aside and join right in with everyone else with the snake as a main attraction. Then again, she may have had a pep talk from William recounting his adventures in Africa and told her there's really nothing to it and nothing to be afraid of. :D

https://www.globalanimal.org/2014/0...ry-and-prince-william-holding-a-python-snake/

Last edited:
Mrs Gianna Fletcher has accompanied Catherine on several of her Big 5 visits. G’s podcast is incredibly popular with its accurate and honest content.

Here's a link to the podcast everyone and it's fantastic, please give it a listen. Catherine has been wonderfully open and honest about motherhood.

https://podfollow.com/1277078956/episode/ef0d225173f525ab37490e8727eacad4344adfaf/view

Just finished listening and really enjoyed it - that is despite that I am not a mother but have seen the experience of other mothers and a lot of what was said fits in with with I hear. Great to hear such an open conversation :flowers:

Its the first time that I hear her speaking more than just the glimpses you sometimes get out of short videos. As English is not my mother tongue its hard for me to understand her, to be honest.
She seems to speak very much "through her nose", as we use to say.
Does anyone know if she trained to speak like this to sound more upperclass or is this the dialect from her homearea? Did she adapt to speak like this?
It's just curiosity, and please, step back from just answering that you understand her perfectly well.

Its the first time that I hear her speaking more than just the glimpses you sometimes get out of short videos. As English is not my mother tongue its hard for me to understand her, to be honest.
She seems to speak very much "through her nose", as we use to say.
Does anyone know if she trained to speak like this to sound more upperclass or is this the dialect from her homearea? Did she adapt to speak like this?
It's just curiosity, and please, step back from just answering that you understand her perfectly well.

Early on there were comments made about her accent being affected as opposed to her normal way of speaking. I think it's just likely part of who she is and where she went to school. It is a different type of accent than William/Harry use ..at least to my ear. Likely again due to school environment.

LaRae

i enjoyed listening to kate's podcast. really open, relaxed conversation that makes us get to know her better. :flowers:

interesting to hear she used hypnobirthing for her births.

i honestly think that has been her accent all the time. her upbringing was quite privileged and she went to private school and her accent sounds very much as what you'd hear from others with that background. if you hear her engagement interview, she sounds very much the same:

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Absolutely loved the podcast. Such an interesting insight into Catherine and her family. Hypnobirthing is totally amazing. I suffered with antenatal depression and anxiety with my second child and it helped me enormously not just about hippy mummy home births.

Edited spelling

Her speech is standard RP (received pronunciation), which is devoid of any regional variations (although its roots are in southern England). It sounds more upper class than Harry or William because she has excellent diction, pronouncing all the appropriate sounds & letters whereas they speak more casually & drop sounds/letters. She may have had diction lessons as a child (we had them at my school).

Edited to add that I think the work she's doing on early years is outstanding. I'm so impressed by her.

Early on there were comments made about her accent being affected as opposed to her normal way of speaking. I think it's just likely part of who she is and where she went to school. It is a different type of accent than William/Harry use ..at least to my ear. Likely again due to school environment.

LaRae

Yeah. About a decade ago, I once read that someone described her as having a Marlborough College accent, apparently this person was familiar with their alumni. I didn't really get what that meant because I thought all posh people must sound similar, then the engagement interview happened and other people mentioned Marlborough. It made me wonder if there's a certain Eton accent/phraseology that William and Harry have.

It's making me sad that in light of that wonderful podcast, where Catherine shared her personal experience, her vast knowledge on the subject of child development and gave us a glimpse into her "normal" life as a mum people are - once again - accusing her of trying to sound more posh. It's a pretty bog-standard english accent, come on.

As far as the podcast goes, it was wonderful. She knows what she wants to say, she's very appropriate while, at the same time, being personable and warm. And she clearly knows what she's talking about, she did her homework and then some. I loved the way she talked, though she had a few moments when she sounded very nervous - completely unnecessary, she came across as a very inteligent, put together, and honestly, very down-to-earth person. Not to mention publishing that photo of Princess Charlotte was a great idea.

One thing that impresses me is that with things like Catherine's recent involvement with the podcast, she isn't just a royal patron that is doing an engagement to benefit her incentives but she's actually "get down and get dirty" kind of involved in what she's doing. Not only does she do her homework and prepare for the engagement but she also puts her heart and her soul into something she adamantly believes in.

I would actually call her patronizing causes such like this a misnomer, I would deem her more along the lines of sharing in the cause to strengthen it.

I cannot comment whatsoever on Catherine's accent of speech as closed captioning doesn't come with accents. :D

This was absolutely lovely in every way. While I've always liked Catherine, I find myself more and more impressed by her every day as of late. It's quite clear that were she not in the position she's in, she might very well be in a position working with young children and doing it very, very successfully. I really think her work has the potential to be incredibly impactful for a very long time and I really hope we'll get to see more things like this podcast over time. She really did hit it out of the park with this one and that picture of Charlotte? So incredibly sweet!:flowers:

This was absolutely lovely in every way. While I've always liked Catherine, I find myself more and more impressed by her every day as of late. It's quite clear that were she not in the position she's in, she might very well be in a position working with young children and doing it very, very successfully. I really think her work has the potential to be incredibly impactful for a very long time and I really hope we'll get to see more things like this podcast over time. She really did hit it out of the park with this one and that picture of Charlotte? So incredibly sweet!:flowers:

I adore Kate. She’s kind, warm, down to earth, hardworking and compassionate. Many young girls get caught up in the whole princess thing, but that’s never been me, mostly because I’ve never been a girly girl. Kate is the only princess I’ve ever latched onto - she’s just incredibly easy to root for.

The photo of Charlotte almost delicately holding the blue bell is beautiful

I absolutely adore Catherine. She is very authentic and what a beautiful journey of her growth and early year initiative.

She brings so much passion to her work!

ICAM. I’ve always liked Catherine, been impressed by her. (Early example: how she handled those horrible nude photos.) She really seems to be coming into her own work wise, with the pod cast being another example. It was really interesting hearing her talk so personally. I think this is an area where she can have a huge long term impact .

She comes across as down to earth, caring, compassionate, personable, well informed and hard working in her chosen projects. The holocaust photos was another project that she really did an amazing job with.

I too have always admired Catherine and think she's very natural and approachable. I like that she often shares little snippets of her family life such as the content she revealed on the podcast. Even though she is a member of arguably the world's most famous royal family, Catherine still manages to feel relatable and "normal" as a person. And I loved that they included the photo of Charlotte sniffing the bluebell - that was a lovely touch!

I loved the podcast!! Many American programs discussed this over the weekend including CNN. I am very happy she is getting recognition for her work on Early Years.

She is so relatable!! I am not a mother, but I enjoyed listening to this. And I can listen to Catherine talk for hours, she is very down to earth and insightful.

On a separate note, I think they should be a separate thread for The Duchess work on Early Years. They will probably be enough events and news related to it separately from other work. Just a suggestion.

God, those cameras flashing, I don’t envy their position.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held an Early Years’ Meeting

CC Monday: The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon received Ms Christiana Figueres (formerly Executive Secretary, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom