The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's great how Catherine has been involved with this - sure, it's something that might take a very, very long time, but I believe it's been very much work-in-progress this whole time. Catherine's dedication and clear interest shines through her work with the Early Years.

One thing that I keep reminding myself of that was stated here at TRF by Cepe years ago is that when we actually see a royal out and about and attending and participating with their charities and patronages such as Catherine is doing with her early years incentives, we're only seeing 10% of the iceberg. The tip. Underlying and out of sight is the other 90% where a lot of the work is actually done. ?

Some more photos can also be found in this mixed gallery and here's a video:

** pa gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that I keep reminding myself of that was stated here at TRF by Cepe years ago is that when we actually see a royal out and about and attending and participating with their charities and patronages such as Catherine is doing with her early years incentives, we're only seeing 10% of the iceberg. The tip. Underlying and out of sight is the other 90% where a lot of the work is actually done. ?
Exactly! Being out and about in public is only one part - and the part we usually see - but there's also the work conducted in private, meetings in KP, studying the issue... Honestly, I'm so proud today it's ridiculous :lol:

I have enjoyed all pictures and stories from 24-hour Early Years Tour. Great reception from media and early childhood professionals.

These photos are so cute:
Catherine has now gone on to HMP Send which she visited in 2015. She will meet prisoners whom she met 5 years ago.

I am very pleased to see her visit the prison again. A big factor in early child development (I am assuming this is part of her tour for that?) is of course parental incarceration, especially for many children of color given the disproportionate number of parents of color in prison.

Would really love to see a project focused on that from her as part of this.

I am very pleased to see her visit the prison again. A big factor in early child development (I am assuming this is part of her tour for that?) is of course parental incarceration, especially for many children of color given the disproportionate number of parents of color in prison.

Would really love to see a project focused on that from her as part of this.

Catherine heard at HMP Send about the work being done by Forward Trust, who reconnect inmates with family, friends and most importantly their children.

Catherine also spoke in Cardiff today about how isolate she felt in Anglesey when George was a baby and William was working nights.

:previous: Yes Zaira programs to reconnect/reconcile the incarcerated parent(s) with their children are vital to their well-being. However if the parent(s) are in prison due to their actions towards their children, this journey towards reconciliation understandably might be a longer and more difficult one IMO.:sad:

Also the programs can offer education, assistance and respite care for the relatives/foster parents who are currently tasked with caring for the inmates' children. Especially for those caring for children who might be experiencing developmental milestone delays for a variety of reasons.

More information on Forward Trust.
https://www.forwardtrust.org.uk/

HRH The Duchess on her visit to a women's prison in Woking, Surrey today.

:previous: Yes Zaira programs to reconnect/reconcile the incarcerated parent(s) with their children are vital to their well-being. However if the parent(s) are in prison due to their actions towards their children, this journey towards reconciliation understandably might be a longer and more difficult one IMO.:sad:

Also the programs can offer education, assistance and respite care for the relatives/foster parents who are currently tasked with caring for the inmates' children. Especially for those caring for children who might be experiencing developmental milestone delays for a variety of reasons.

More information on Forward Trust.
https://www.forwardtrust.org.uk/

Oh of course! I think its a different issue entirely when someone is in prison for crimes related to theirs or other children. Just to be clear.:flowers:

Catherine is doing marvellous work here & I love how she's growing in confidence in what she can achieve with her position and also how she's going about it by bringing together experts in the research, professionals in various roles, parents, carers & the wider community. I think this project is going to provide very valuable information, highlighting the huge importance of early years and prove a valuable legacy in years to come. Brava Catherine! Brava!

As someone who is soon to work in the Early Years sector I'm glad that Catherine is focusing on such an important part of a child's development. Many studies have shown that if children aren't listening to an adult talking to them regularly their speech hinders and many neglected children have speech delay problems. I hope Catherine continues to raise awareness - it seems that this is the perfect engagement for her, too, as she always seems happiest in a classroom!

Court Circular 21st January:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon visited Think Tank, Birmingham Science Museum, Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham, and was received by Mr. Simon Topman (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

Court Circular 22nd January:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning visited Ely and Caerau Children's Centre, Michaelston Road, Cardiff, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of South Glamorgan (Ms. Morfudd Meredith).

Her Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon visited the Forward Trust at HM Prison Send, Ripley Road, Woking, and was received by Mr. Robert Fraser (Deputy Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey).

Court Circular 28th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held a Reception at Kensington Palace.

Court Circular 29th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning visited Stockwell Gardens Nursery, King George’s House, 40 Stockwell Road, London SW9.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting.

- Court Circular ll 24 January 2020

This was the nursery she was due to visit last week but unfortunately had to cancel due to weather issues.

I have noticed in her visits to Birmingham and London in the past week or so Catherine's been accompanied by Giovanna Fletcher. She's the author of Happy Mum, Happy Baby which is a book detailing her journey into motherhood. She also has a podcast talking along similar themes, including the Duchess' project.

For any UK Boyband fans out there, she's also the wife of Tom Fletcher lead singer of McFly who is also now an award winning childrens author and playwright.

Aww, seeing Kate with these adorable children is so wonderful.......

I have noticed in her visits to Birmingham and London in the past week or so Catherine's been accompanied by Giovanna Fletcher. She's the author of Happy Mum, Happy Baby which is a book detailing her journey into motherhood. She also has a podcast talking along similar themes, including the Duchess' project.

For any UK Boyband fans out there, she's also the wife of Tom Fletcher lead singer of McFly who is also now an award winning childrens author and playwright.

Thanks for the information - great to hear that she's being accompanied by someone else who has a strong passion for the topic!

Court Circular 30th January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon visited Everton in the Community at the People’s Hub, Spellow Lane, Liverpool, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Merseyside (Mr Mark Blundell)

Court Circular 31st January:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received the Rt Hon Helen Clark (formerly Prime Minister of New Zealand and formerly Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme).

Catherine is in Northern Ireland today visiting a farm and continuing her Early Years Survey visits.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ves-in-northern-ireland-38950157.html?refresh

The farm visit is part of a whistle-stop tour to Northern Ireland on Wednesday to highlight the Duchess's support for the Early Years programme, which aims to support soon-to-be parents.
Owner Stewart Donaldson who runs the popular family attraction with his wife, Lorraine joked that he had been warned beforehand that there is one particular Ark Farm resident the Royal wasn't keen on meeting - a snake.
Mr Donaldson told Belfast Telegraph that he was delighted to welcome the Duchess of Cambridge to Ark Open Farm in what is a very special year for the family-run farm.

Catherine is in Northern Ireland today visiting a farm and continuing her Early Years Survey visits.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ves-in-northern-ireland-38950157.html?refresh

The farm visit is part of a whistle-stop tour to Northern Ireland on Wednesday to highlight the Duchess's support for the Early Years programme, which aims to support soon-to-be parents.
Owner Stewart Donaldson who runs the popular family attraction with his wife, Lorraine joked that he had been warned beforehand that there is one particular Ark Farm resident the Royal wasn't keen on meeting - a snake.
Mr Donaldson told Belfast Telegraph that he was delighted to welcome the Duchess of Cambridge to Ark Open Farm in what is a very special year for the family-run farm.

What wonderful photos these are. You can see how much everyone, including Catherine, is enjoying the visit!

Edited to add: And it looks a though Kate met the snake after all! It was a very pretty white one...

And now she's in Aberdeen for the second visit of today.

The Duchess of Cambridge, or The Countess of Strathearn as she’s known in Scotland, is visiting a cafe in Aberdeen as part of her UK-wide tour to promote her survey on the early years.

Lovely pics from the Ark farm (I've been to the Ark Farm when I still lived in Co Down and its a great, fun place for kids and adults!!) - Kate has a brilliant interaction with kids and some of her best engagements involve her work in Early years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom