The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
the-royal-foundation.jpg

The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Activities from September 2019

The previous thread, covering the time period September 2009 to September 2019, can be found here.

Last edited:
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s charity has been officially renamed, removing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex from the title.”

“Documents published by Companies House on Tuesday show William and Kate’s foundation is now “The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge”.

Via Chris Ship Twitter

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Jason Knauf (incoming Chief Executive).

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 5 SEPTEMBER 2019

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge has visited Hendon Football Club in his capacity as President of the Football Association.

His Royal Highness learned more about the club’s mental health outreach initiatives.

The royal visit was part of Heads Up, a new season-long campaign which aims to harness the power of football to encourage more people to talk about their mental health.

CC Wednesday: The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Richard Curtis (Screenwriter and Director).

CC Wednesday: The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning received Mr Richard Curtis (Screenwriter and Director).

Richard is brilliant!!! I love a lot of his work!

:previous: Yes he is so I'm hoping that there might be a Comic Relief event to support the Royal Foundation soon!?

Richard's sister committed suicide and he has been very passionate about mental health discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard's sister committed suicide and he has been very passionate about mental health discussion.

I certainly don't know why some actors, writers, directors, etc support certain causes. I imagine most of them, just as those of us not in the public eye, have their own reasons for the causes to which they contribute time or money. And certainly a high profile public figure is going to bring more attention to a cause than I could.

He’s a celebrity film maker. I just have to have a laugh at folks making it seem like it’s wrong the royals are friends with and work with famous people for charitable interest. They’ve been doing this for decades and won’t stop now.

How awful for Richard's family. I'm so sorry that they experienced this tragedy but this does explain his involvement in mental health charity work.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ens-sisters-suicide-first-time-saying-family/

Richard Curtis has revealed his sister committed suicide following a 25-year battle with psychological illness, as he said society was “failing” to focus properly on mental health. The screenwriter behind Love Actually and Notting Hill said his sister took her own life the day before a planned party for her, adding he believed his family “couldn’t have done anything more right”.

He’s a celebrity film maker.

How is he a celebrity film maker? He makes films with celebrities in yes. But if you walk down the high street and ask the everyday man who Richard Curtis is they wouldn’t have the foggiest idea.

How is he a celebrity film maker? He makes films with celebrities in yes. But if you walk down the high street and ask the everyday man who Richard Curtis is they wouldn’t have the foggiest idea.

He is actually better known as a writer and producer, he has far more film and TV writing/producing credits than directing. Yes, most people wouldn't recognize his face, but some would recognize his name.

Last edited:
He’s a co-founder of Comic Relief which has raised over £1 billion for charity.

I can’t wait for his collaboration with the Cambridges.

I think the collaboration is great. I can understand the hypocrisy over the fact they working with an entertainment industry person after the groaning over *others* but I think this is a positive thing. I do wonder of they will be involved with Comic Relief in some way.

There is a huge difference between royals working with celebrities for charitable initiatives, and celebrities giving interviews about their royal "friends." The only reason we know about this meeting is because it was announced.

It doesn't matter if royals have celebrities as friends, what draws comment is when those celebrities seem to be leveraging that relationship in some way.

I think the collaboration is great. I can understand the hypocrisy over the fact they working with an entertainment industry person after the groaning over *others* but I think this is a positive thing. I do wonder of they will be involved with Comic Relief in some way.

Who exactly is being hypocritical?

Yeah. I should’ve put it that way. It doesn’t matter that his name won’t immediately ring a bell for some folks. He’s a famous filmmaker and he’s working with the Cambridge’s for a worthy issue...mental health. That’s what’s important. The work.

There is a huge difference between royals working with celebrities for charitable initiatives, and celebrities giving interviews about their royal "friends." The only reason we know about this meeting is because it was announced.

It doesn't matter if royals have celebrities as friends, what draws comment is when those celebrities seem to be leveraging that relationship in some way.

Go back and read up about what’s been said about William’s dad, mom and other members of the family and you’ll come across some famous friends giving comments about who the royals are and the work they do. Again, this has been going on for decades. People complaining about it don’t make sense.

Last edited:
Please note that some posts have been edited or deleted since they serve only incite the wrong kind of debate or discussion. As with other threads specific to individual royals or royal couples, lets not drag other members of the Royal Family into the discussion.

Please be reminded that very many royals have friends, acquaintances and associates outside of the the royal world. Indeed it is not a new concept and is a fact. As such, it requires very little debate here and in other threads.

If members must make a specific point, please do so once and then move on.

Now let's get back to the actual topic of the thread.

I don't mean to put a downer on the intrigue of the film - though my mother has been involved with the film as part of public health and has been told that news of the project isn't meant to be out yet. PHE are chasing news outlets who have published articles about the project as only a handful of those who worked with the Cambridges on the project are meant to know about it at this point in time. I know news of it got leaked, so it's only natural for us to talk about it, but as someone who is mutually involved, perhaps we could refrain from posting about it until news is confirmed by an official source? ?

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon received Mr Richard Curtis (Screenwriter and Director).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 12 SEPTEMBER 2019

Her Royal Highness has some working history with Richard Curtis and Comic Relief through her role as Royal Patron of M-Pact and Action on Addiction.

Would disagree with you there, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones's Diary, Love Actually, come to mind.

Comic relief....

Possibly some wouldn't recognise his photograph, but would disagree that the everyday man would never have heard of him.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, today received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman) and Ms Lorraine Heggessey (Chief Executive).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 13 SEPTEMBER 2019

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, today received Sir Keith Mills (Chairman) and Ms Lorraine Heggessey (Chief Executive).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 13 SEPTEMBER 2019

As Lorraine steps down next month, its likely one of her last such meetings with the couple. Jason Knauff will replace her in October.

Several posts continuing the 'celebrity' discussion following the previous moderator notice to stop have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom