The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Later Prince William as Colonel-in-Chief for the Irish Guards inspected the troops and presented new colors.

Glorious sunshine in Windsor as Prince William, Col of the Irish Guards, inspects the front rank before presenting new colours to the regiment ahead of Trooping the Colour on June 2

The Duke of Cambridge, Commodore-in-Chief Submarines, unveiled a new Submariners memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire today, May 18:

Here's a video from today's visit

The Duke of Cambridge received the President of Colombia Iván Duque at Kensington Palace today, May 19. The meeting follows Colombia signing the Buckingham Palace Declaration last month, becoming the first country to join United for Wildlife:

** Pic **

CC

Kensington Palace
1st June, 2022
The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this evening attended the Senior Colonels’ Conference and Dinner at Clarence House.

I was just watching CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper. In today's episode (6/16/22),
Sandra Garza, the partner of fallen police officer Brian Sidnick shared a letter that the Duke of Cambridge sent her last November.
Sandra Garza was deeply touched that the Duke took the time to honor her husband while President Trump could not.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/brian-sicknick-death-us-capitol-riot/index.html

I saw this as well, thought it was a lovely gesture. But I think I misheard one part, because I thought she said he sent it last November, but had only just received it. I was trying to imagine why it would have taken so long :)

Last edited:
I saw this as well, thought it was a lovely gesture. But I think I misheard one part, because I thought she said he sent it last November, but had only just received it. I was trying to imagine why it would have taken so long :)

I have always been rather ambivalent about William. I used to find him priggish and judgmental.

But reading about how he reached out to that poor woman blew my mind. It was a classy, thoughtful thing to do and only a kind heart would have bothered.

I am now firmly Team William.;)

"Prince William actually came to our family house today!! I am utterly honoured that he joined us for afternoon tea and champagne, where he not only spent a generous amount of time talking to my whole family but also honoured me with my Damehood. It’s quite surreal having a royal pop in at home, and yes you can imagine the cleaning antics and preparation went off the scale - but it was all irrelevant because William was so kind and he put us all at ease. He is clearly passionate about improving oncology outcomes as the President of the Royal Marsden. It was such a special day for my whole family, making memories to last a life time. He’s welcome back any time!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgvKgJoPzN/
"

Deborah James, the Duke of Cambridge had presented with her Damehood last month, has died yesterday, June 28.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have sent a message today:

We are so sad to hear the heartbreaking news about Dame Deborah. Our thoughts are with her children, her family and her loved ones.

Deborah was an inspirational and unfalteringly brave woman whose legacy will live on. W & C

** dailymail article **

The Duke of Cambridge sent a message to the 2022 Diana Award recipients:

** Message **

The Duke of Cambridge met New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern at Kensington Palace in London during her visit to the UK today, July 2:

** Pic **

This is in their reception room in their own home, isnt it? Where they for example also received the Obamas.

I have always been rather ambivalent about William. I used to find him priggish and judgmental.

But reading about how he reached out to that poor woman blew my mind. It was a classy, thoughtful thing to do and only a kind heart would have bothered.

I am now firmly Team William.;)
If I may ask. Why did you find him “priggish and judgemental”?

The Duke of Cambridge held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, July 7:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom