The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks like she's having fun. Tim Henman doesn't seem to age.

What a shame that the duchess was unable to attend the Service of Thanksgiving at St Pauls today.

Had not realised that he was still in London; had assumed he had decamped to Amner. Perhaps he returned to London for some engagements or meetings.

I wondered if this had been filmed earlier as I was under the impression that the Olympic team were already in Japan. Possibly not though, some might be travelling at a different time.

William "personally intervened" to get an Afghan officer he trained with at Sandhurst, and his family to a plane when they were struggling to get out:

The Duke of Cambridge personally intervened to ensure an Afghan officer he knew from Sandhurst was able to get his family through the gate at Kabul airport and flee the country, The Telegraph can reveal.

Prince William, 39, heard about the plight of the former cadet, who was struggling to secure the group’s safe passage out of the country as it fell to the Taliban, and asked his equerry, Naval officer Rob Dixon, to make some calls on his behalf.

Lieutenant Commander Dixon, who started work with the Duke last September, successfully contacted the relevant personnel and the officer, who is thought to have served with the Afghan National Army, and his relatives were allowed to board a flight back to the UK.

The Afghan officer had been integral to the British military operation in Afghanistan and had been working closely with British troops. His position meant his family group of more than 10, comprising several women and children, would have been particularly vulnerable.

The article goes on to mention that many veterans and current soldiers did the same thing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...cambridge-intervened-get-afghan-family-kabul/

https://archive.ph/vUejm

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018

William "personally intervened" to get an Afghan officer he trained with at Sandhurst, and his family to a plane when they were struggling to get out:

The article goes on to mention that many veterans and current soldiers did the same thing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...cambridge-intervened-get-afghan-family-kabul/

https://archive.ph/vUejm

I’m glad he was able to help this man and his family. Good use of his influence.

Indeed. I’ve read numerous stories of current and former soldiers doing the same.

Last edited:
Here's a video from todays visit to Dockhead Fire Station :previous:

I do like "William the Football Fan" he has a very expressive face for it. You can tell how the match is going at that exact moment just from a picture.

A piece on Kate from the Telegraph Royals email:

The Duchess of Cambridge 'is fast becoming the saviour of the Royal family'
By Camilla Tominey,
ASSOCIATE EDITOR

I’m not sure the Duchess of Cambridge has ever looked better than at last night’s premiere of No Time to Die, the latest James Bond film (except perhaps on her wedding day).

It wasn’t just the glittering glamour of the gold sequinned Jenny Packham gown or even the intricacy of her stunning up-do - but the fact that Kate seemed to radiate happiness from her every pore. Clearly, like all of us, she has missed donning her glad rags for a proper night on the tiles.

How fitting that the dress should have been fitted with a cape, as there remains a growing sense that the 39-year-old mother of three is fast becoming the saviour of the Royal family.

And if you think that’s overstating it: consider the pivotal role Kate has yet to play in the monarchy as both the wife and the mother of a future king.

Yes, the Duchess of Cornwall will be the next Queen (on paper at least), but when it comes to ushering in 21st-century royalty, Kate will rule the waves.

People often ask me what the Duchess is like in real life. My hairdresser Carly is obsessed with her (and her hair, natch) while a lot of my girlfriends jokingly ask why I can’t drag her out for a glass of vino (as Gyles Brandreth astutely put it - when it comes to covering the Royal family, one should never confuse friendliness for friendship).

What I will say is this, on the occasions I have met Kate, I’ve always been struck by how much more there is to her than meets the eye.

There is a quiet confidence about her, certainly, but also a bigger sense of mischief than her public persona may suggest.

Without doubt, she has made Prince William a better man (something that can be said of a lot of wives of high-profile men, I grant you - Camilla has done the same for Prince Charles).

I remember being on tour with the couple in Borneo in 2012 when topless photographs of Kate sunbathing in the south of France hit the newsstands. William and their largely male entourage hit the roof, but the Duchess apparently remained calm throughout, arguing that there were more important things to worry about in life.

She was similarly sanguine following Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, which I’m told she has never actually watched in full - only selected highlights.

She could have made much of Meghan’s accusation that it was Kate who made her cry at a bridesmaid’s dress fitting (contrary to my report suggesting the opposite) but instead she brushed it off, appreciating that the accusation that members of the Royal family were racist was probably of more pressing concern to her nearest and dearest.

When all about her are losing their heads, Kate keeps hers, which will continue to prove an invaluable trait in a family that is probably best described as “thermo” nuclear.

Great to see how the duke of Cambridge 'talks with his hands' :)

More coverage from Prince William's visit to the Afghan refugees.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/prince-william-visits-leeds-meet-22318126

The Duke of Cambridge has visited Leeds to meet Afghan refugees as local councils promise to settle a thousand across Yorkshire.
Prince William came to a hotel in Leeds today, November 30, where refugees evacuated from Afghanistan are staying to hear their experiences.
Councils across Yorkshire have today also announced that 1,000 Afghan refugees will be resettled in the region.
Click here for more Leeds news and stories
The Duke of Cambridge came to Leeds to learn how Yorkshire charities and councils are helping refugees get settled.
All 15 councils in Yorkshire and the Humber have promised to resettle Afghan refugees whose lives are in danger in Afghanistan or who aided British forces.
There have 300 people resettled across Yorkshire and the Humber already.
Migration Yorkshire manages the Afghan Resettlement programmes for Yorkshire and the Humber and works closely with the Refugee Council and other charities.
Yorkshire and the Humber has been the first region in the UK to accept every major group of refugees since Kosovans arrived into Leeds Bradford airport under the Humanitarian Evacuation Programme in 1999.
Dave Brown, Head of Migration Yorkshire said: “For those people who had to flee for their lives from Afghanistan, it was an incredible boost and an honour seeing the Duke of Cambridge, and also for all those who have worked tirelessly to support them.

Duke of Cambridge:
My whole family have a passion for walking – whether it’s my Grandmother still taking her corgis out at 95; my father embarking on lengthy rambles over the summer in Scotland; or my own children making their first appearance at our annual walk to church on Christmas morning at Sandringham.

In the hope of inspiring a few other people to get active and take some extra time for their own mental health – I wanted to share a few of my stories and favourite songs with you in an episode of Time to Walk. I’ll explain how I learned to prioritise my own mental health, an important life lesson that taught me to take myself less seriously, and a vital story about how a friend helped me learn to be a better listener. W

Take some #TimeToWalk on Monday on @applefitnessplus and on Apple Music 1 on @applemusic at the following times:

Airing 1: 8am London / 12am LA / 7pm Sydney
Airing 2: 8am LA / 4pm London / 3am Sydney
Airing 3: 9pm London / 1pm LA / 8am Sydney (Tuesday)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXF4oqOt6H6/?utm_medium=copy_link

How wonderful those words of William's sound.
I can't wait to hear his choice of songs.
It is the reflective listening/seeing time that is most refreshing about walking. Giving oneself permission to ramble is very healthy; I am impressed that our future Kings participate.

The Duke of Cambridge had an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, December 7:

** Pic ** pa images gallery **

And he gave a reception at Kensington Palace for finalists of BBCR1’s Teen Heroes Awards:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom