The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2020, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Photos of today's Investiture can be found here:

** pa gallery **

** dm: Prince William reveals Aston Villa relegation fears as he awards CBE to David Gill..**

** dm: Prince William is praised for using sign language to congratulate deaf award recipient..**

Old 01-14-2020, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

CC 14/1 The Duke of Cambridge, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon attended a Meeting for the Earthshot Prize

Old 01-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
What a nice little clip! You can almost see the words "I hope I'm remembering this correctly" scrolling along over the top of William's head. It looks as though he did great, and it was a lovely touch.

That was a great clip! It was very thoughtful of William to do that. Those “little things” go a long way- and are remembered.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Such a lovely gesture.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke has gotten some fantastically positive feedback on social media for his efforts.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

President of Rwanda Kagame is meeting with Prince William, at Buckingham Palace.

https://twitter.com/UrugwiroVillage/...291137/photo/2

With Ghana's President

https://twitter.com/isaguor/status/1...093057/photo/2

Article with the visits receive

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tays-away.html

Gallery

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...alace,_london?
Old 01-21-2020, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Today, January 21, the Duke of Cambridge received Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi:

** gettyimages gallery **

the President of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta:

and Yoweri Museveni, the President of Uganda:

Old 01-24-2020, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 20th January:
Kensington Palace

The President of the Republic of Ghana called upon The Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

The President of the Republic of Rwanda called upon His Royal Highness at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 21st January:
Kensington Palace

The President of the Republic of Kenya called upon The Duke of Cambridge in the State Apartments, St. James's Palace.

The President of the Arab Republic of Egypt called upon The Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace.

The President of the Republic of Uganda called upon His Royal Highness at Buckingham Palace.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've got no real idea where this should go to be honest, so help me out MODs ha.

The Duke of Cambridge appointed Lord High Commissioner to represent the Sovereign at the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.

https://www.royal.uk/lord-high-commi...hurch-scotland

Quote:
The Queen has appointed Prince William as Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the @churchscotland this year.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good news. I think I'm right in saying all the Queen's children have held this post at least once before, Anne has done it more if I recall correctly.

Interestingly the Lord High Commissioner holds higher precedence while in post than all but HM and Philip.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

All of the Queen's children have held the position in the past 20 years (my access to the CC is limited to from 1997 onwards and all have held it in that time frame). I think Anne and maybe Charles has done it more than once in that time-frame.

It involves attending the opening and closing ceremony of the assembly, hosting various events at Holyrood and also other engagements across Scotland. I think Edward did it in 2016 and did around 40 engagements during the week (along with Sophie). No doubt there will be a lot more coverage of the assembly week this year as a result of this appointment.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope Catherine goes with him, Sophie went with Edward. There’s usually a lot of other engagements done during these days around Scotland.
https://hrhthecountessofwessex.wordp...eral-assembly/
https://hrhthecountessofwessex.wordp...ess-of-wessex/
https://hrhthecountessofwessex.wordp...-and-galloway/
https://hrhthecountessofwessex.wordp...isle-of-barra/

Queen’s children have all done it:
Charles 2000
Andrew 2007
Edward 2014
Anne 1996 & 2017

Usually,
Quote:
The person appointed to the role is a Scottish figure, whose appointment is based on merit and their contribution to society.
For example, The Duke of Buccleuch and Queensbury in 2018.

Also:
Quote:
The Lord High Commissioner makes opening and closing addresses to the General Assembly and reports to Her Majesty on its proceedings. For the duration of the General Assembly, the Sovereign grants the Lord High Commissioner permission to reside at the Palace of Holyroodhouse and, during this time, His or Her Grace receives a Guard of Honour, a 21-Gun Salute and the keys to the City of Edinburgh. It is also customary for the Lord High Commissioner to invite distinguished guests to stay at the Palace, and to offer hospitality to Commissioners to the Assembly and those who have contributed to public life in Scotland.

During the week of the Assembly, the Lord High Commissioner attends the Assembly to observe the debates. He or she also carries out a programme of engagements to reflect the work of charities and the Church. For instance, Sir George Reid, Scottish politician and former Presiding Officer, who was appointed in 2010 and 2011, used his programme to celebrate the work of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent. In 2012 and 2013, Lord Hope of Craighead, formerly Scotland's most senior Supreme Court judge, undertook a programme of visits that highlighted themes of justice and inclusion.
https://www.royal.uk/lord-high-commi...hurch-scotland
Old 01-25-2020, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I imagine Catherine will be right by William's side through all of this during the events of the General Assembly.

William is really (and rightfully) coming into his own and will do his grandmother and Queen proud.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-25-2020, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Prince William. This is marvelous
Old 01-25-2020, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Great news! I think William will do well in this role, hopefully with Kate joining him most of the time.

Is there a reason they referred to him as Prince William in the announcement, instead of either The Duke of Cambridge or his Scottish title, (The Earl of something that has slipped my mind)?
Old 01-25-2020, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Earl of Strathearn.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

It isn't that hard a role to fulfill for a royal - make a couple of speeches, host a couple of dinners/receptions and make some visits - in other words - it is the day to day work of the royals, just with a fancy title.

In two years time someone else will do it.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I imagine Catherine will be right by William's side through all of this during the events of the General Assembly.

William is really (and rightfully) coming into his own and will do his grandmother and Queen proud.
He will. He’s being trained and guided by the most experienced hands in the business, lol...and he has the same commitment to duty and service that his grandmother and father have.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

William will spend the 16th - 22nd May in Edinburgh as Lord High Commissioner of the General Assembly. He’ll reside at Holyroodhouse, where he’ll receive a guard of honour, a 21 gun salute & the keys of the City of Edinburgh.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William will spend the 16th - 22nd May in Edinburgh as Lord High Commissioner of the General Assembly. He’ll reside at Holyroodhouse, where he’ll receive a guard of honour, a 21 gun salute & the keys of the City of Edinburgh.
George and Charlotte will be in school that week. So Catherine may be in London for much of the week.

Tags
current events, duke of cambridge, prince william