The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
William_zpsfa7c4da6.png

Arms of H.R.H. The Duke of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duke of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part Three

Commencing July 29, 2018

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Amiens this afternoon for a service to mark the centenary of the First World War battle. Live coverage on BBC One from 13:45 #Amiens100

BBC One

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter

Last edited:
Prince William makes a speech at Amiens centenary memorial service

Prince William lays flowers at the Amiens centenary memorial service

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William arrives at the Amiens centenary memorial service

I really good engagement for The Duke of Cambridge. After all the other dignitaries were in place, William arrived and was feted as a Head Of State.

He rook the Royal Salute, The PM gave a deep curtsy. Everything.

The Duke of Cambridge this morning departed from Royal Air Force Marham for France and was received upon arrival later at Albert-Picardie Airport by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the French Republic (His Excellency the Lord Llewellyn of Steep).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended Commemorations marking the Centenary of the Battle of Amiens at Amiens Cathedral. The Duke of Cambridge later arrived at Royal Air Force Marham from France. Lieutenant Commander David Brannighan was in attendance.

Court Circular || 8 August 2018

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Newcastle and Gateshead on Friday 7th September to attend the Great Exhibition of the North.

@GETNorth2018 is a three-month celebration of the North of England's pioneering spirit #GETNorth2018

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

The Duke of Cambridge has been helping to decorate a boxing club in Kensington to replace one destroyed by the Grenfell Tower fire alongside survivors for a DIY SOS special.

William, 36, joined crew members of the BBC programme and survivors in May this year as they worked towards replacing the club and building a new community centre.

In the BBC special set to air on Wednesday, the Prince makes an emotional speech about the scale of the tragedy, which killed 71 people, saying: 'I think everyone has been shocked at how brutal and horrendous it all was.”
Read more: Prince William decorates boxing club for Grenfell survivors | Daily Mail Online

The Duke of Cambridge will launch 'Mental Health at Work', a new initiative from @heads_together and @MindCharity, in Bristol on Tuesday 11th September.

Mental Health at Work is a new online gateway that will change the way that we approach workplace mental health across the UK.

————————————————-

The Duke of Cambridge will attend the grand opening of @JapanHouseLdn on Thursday 13th September.

Japan House London aims to create a greater understanding of Japan amongst a UK audience, and to deepen cultural, social and economic bonds between the two nations

Watch The Duke of Cambridge join the crew of @DIYSOS: Grenfell as they build a new home for the Dale Youth Boxing Club and a new community centre #DIYSOS:

@BBCOne
5th and 12th September
21:00

Video

PRINCE William wowed the nation with a moving and heartfelt chat with people affected by the the Grenfell Tower fire on DIY SOS tonight.

The future king appeared alongside presenter Nick Knowles in the two-part Grenfell Tower special on BBC One.

He even rolled up his sleeves and grabbed a paintbrush to help victims of the devastating inferno.

The DIY SOS special sees the team rebuild the Dale Youth Boxing Club - which was located in the tower.
Read more: Prince William melts hearts with moving appearance on DIY SOS Grenfell Tower special

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Tyneside today (Friday) as part of the Great Exhibition of the North celebrations.

Prince William will first visit Sage Gateshead, which is one of the Great Exhibition's three 'hub' venues.

At the music centre, he will get to listen to performances and meet performers, including those from the centre's CoMusica programme which uses music to engage young people who are experiencing challenges in life.

He will then tour the new PROTO: The Emerging Technology Centre in Gateshead, whose work will involve testing and creating new digital solutions for businesses, and - after watching demonstrations of new technology such as motion capture and augmented reality - he will then perform the building's official opening.

Next, the Prince will attend a reception at Baltic to meet some of those, including volunteers, who have helped make the Great Exhibition happen and then, for his final visit, will head across the river into Newcastle to see one of the exhibits at Ryder Architecture Cooper's Studios.

We have two ChronicleLive reporters and photographers to bring you live updates, pictures and video throughout the visit.

Read more: [URL="https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/duke-william-gateshead-live-cambridge-15121576]Duke of Cambridge in Tyneside LIVE: Updates as William visits the Great Exhibition of the North[/URL]

The school kids seem delighted that he spent time with them today.?

He left the gift of a wonderful memory for the children.

Published on 7 Sep 2018

Prince William donned a pair of virtual reality goggles to watch a classical music performance as he visited PROTO:

The Emerging Technology Centre, which is dedicated to testing and creating new digital solutions for future business challenges.

The Duke met with businesses using the centre, and saw demonstrations of how new technologies, such as motion capture and augmented reality are being used by different sectors.

After the visit the Prince described his VR experience as "really cool

The Duke of Cambridge today visited the Great Exhibition of the North in Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear (Mrs Susan Winfield).

His Royal Highness this morning visited the Sage Gateshead, St Mary’s Square, Gateshead Quays. The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon opened Proto: the Emerging Technology Centre, Abbott’s Hill, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception for volunteers and supporters at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, South Shore Road, Gateshead.*

The Duke of Cambridge subsequently visited Cooper’s Studios, 14-18 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Court Circular || 7 September 2018

Last edited:
I have been very pleased with the type and number of engagements for William this past week. He has been in sterling form the past year, really. It has actually made me like him again!

I am also glad to see a younger royal doing day aways to parts of the UK not immediately around London! I also just have a soft spot for Newcastle. One of my favorite cities in the UK!

I agree Zairia that it is important and necessary for the members of the BRF to be seen around the nation and not limit themselves to London or its nearby cities. ? I am aware that they do engagements throughout the country, but unfortunately national media coverage is often limited to a select few.

I agree Zairia that it is important and necessary for the members of the BRF to be seen around the nation and not limit themselves to London or its nearby cities. ? I am aware that they do engagements throughout the country, but unfortunately national media coverage is often limited to a select few.

Anne, Charles and co do many engagements outside of the home counties, but the KP set rarely does and they are the media focus.

Of course, politically/socially the home counties are an understandable focus, but I am hoping for wider travel as they settle into full-time roles. William has certainly been getting out into the country more the past year. :flowers:

Published on 7 Sep 2018

Prince William donned a pair of virtual reality goggles to watch a classical music performance as he visited PROTO:

The Emerging Technology Centre, which is dedicated to testing and creating new digital solutions for future business challenges.

The Duke met with businesses using the centre, and saw demonstrations of how new technologies, such as motion capture and augmented reality are being used by different sectors.

After the visit the Prince described his VR experience as "really cool

Prince William visits Sage Music Centre

In tonight’s episode DIY SOS Grenfell, Prince William paid another visit to the site of the community centre where he met Nabil, who lost several members of his family in the blaze.

The royal told Nabil: “I can only imagine what you’ve had to go through, you and your family, it’s truly horrendous.”

“Having the support it’s been really bad and it’s been really slow and not everyone is getting the support they should be getting,” Nabil revealed, leaving Prince William stunned.

The 36-year-old asked: “In which areas? What areas is the support lacking in?” “Fighting back tears, Nabil told him: “On the mental side and physical side.

“It’s just very, it’s a very hard process and hopefully with guidance and support, I’m not saying it will solve problems, but I saw what happened.”

“The shock is still probably enormous,” Prince William replied taking Nabil’s hand in his own.

“I hope that what is happening here is a sign that there are a lot of people in your community who care and want to help and this will be a lasting legacy toward that support.

“I know those are just words to you but there are a lot of people who care about what has happened to this community and want it to get better.”

He continued: “I hope it bring you some kind of solace “You stay strong, it really means a lot to meet you.”

Viewers were left in tears by the moment which showed Prince William very much involved with the project and wanting to know about Nabil was coping.

“Look at that though, he’s just a genuinely good bloke. #DIYSOS,” one viewer wrote.

Another added: “For god sake prince William. Anyone got any tissues #DIYSOS.”

A third shared: “Prince William once again showing he’s just a thoroughly decent, compassionate human. Wonderful to see. #diysos @DIYSOS.”
Read more: DIY SOS Grenfell: Prince William leaves viewers in tears with heartbreaking gesture

Last edited:
:previous: Oh no. Must be embarrassing to have every "brain fart" recorded for posterity. :DGood thing he caught his mistake and rectified it quickly.

Very embarrassing, but unlike his grandfather, at least he recognized that he had misspoken and made an effort to correct himself. On the scale of shocking verbal flubs this one seems fairly minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom