The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Way to keep it classy Daily Mail....😞

Did the article even mention that William is the patron of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 09-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Prince William is also Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby. 29 Reserve Squadron is celebrating their 100th anniversary today and William was there to take the royal salute.

Quote:
The airman who took HRH Prince William up into the air in a Chipmunk aircraft has described him as a natural pilot.

The Duke of Cambridge enjoyed panoramic views over Lincolnshire as he flew at 3,000ft in the two-seater vintage RAF plane from RAF Coningsby.

He even took over the controls from Squadron Leader Duncan Mason, Officer Commanding the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

And the Chipmunk was joined in mid-air by a BBMF Spitfire flown by Flight Lieutenant Antony Parkinson.

Climbing out of the cockpit after touch down, the Duke, who is Patron of BBMF, and an air ambulance pilot following his stint with the RAF Search and Rescue Force, said: "It was very good."

Mr Mason said it was an "absolute privilege".

"The great thing is that he is a pilot already and he just naturally eased into it," he said.

"What was apparent is that he is a helicopter pilot, which is very much stick and rudder and you could tell he was very much at ease with flying the aircraft.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love the pictures in here of William being... William.
You and me both!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William enjoyed a “dirty story” with a Battle of Britain veteran during a visit to Lincolnshire for the campaign’s 75 anniversary.

Former Spitfire flier Ken Wilkinson, one of the pilots famously dubbed the "few" by Winston Churchill, chatted to the Duke of Cambridge before admitting: “I’m under instruction not to tell dirty stories”. Undeterred, William asked him to tell the story he had planned.

Later the former wartime pilot recounted his story. In it, a man called Joe becomes the captain of his local golf club and insists on only being referred to by his new title.

At the end of a celebratory dinner to mark his new position, the man goes home undresses and gets into bed with his wife, announcing himself as “the captain”.

She replies: “You have to be quick – Joe will be home soon.”
Read more: Prince William told 'dirty story' by Battle of Britain veteran at commemoration event | UK | News | London Evening Standard
Old 09-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Hahah, how adorable! :P
Old 09-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

William takes to the skies on visit to Battle of Britain Memorial Flight-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=73&v=K9Fk_dV4Iyw

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Bwahahahah! Absolutely priceless .

Old 09-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Bwahahahah! Absolutely priceless .

Right?! I bet William enjoys a dirty story as much as the next guy! :P That "incident" reminds me of the time when someone cursed in the presence of the Queen and got really embarressed but the Queen said something along the lines of "I have a family full of sailors, I've heard worse" :P
Old 09-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

That was a pretty good joke.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That was a pretty good joke.
I'm embaressed to say I didn't understand it :P
Old 09-23-2015, 10:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Right?! I bet William enjoys a dirty story as much as the next guy! :P That "incident" reminds me of the time when someone cursed in the presence of the Queen and got really embarressed but the Queen said something along the lines of "I have a family full of sailors, I've heard worse" :P
I'm sure she has, and she's got grandkids too, who I'm sure occasionally slip up. I know that when I'm nervous about saying the wrong thing, it comes out anyway, and then I just say something else that's inappropriate in away of frustration, and it turns into a big, embarrassing mess. Good to know Her Majesty has no issues about putting people at ease.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

LOL!! What a great little joke. Got to remember that one for the Parents. :)

Quote:

Wasn't it... "I am the Daughter, Wife, Mother and Grandmother of Sailors. Why it's assumed I have never heard a single swear word in my life, I will never understand!!" At least that how it was in one of my many books I have.

Quote:
I'm embaressed to say I didn't understand it :P

He'd just been promoted Captain, but didn't have a chance to let his Wife know about it before getting home. So when he got into bed and announced the Captain was there...

Hope that cleared it up for you. :)

Old 09-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Anti-Bullying Pro ‏@AntiBullyingPro
Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil
Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil
That's great!!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Wish this could be used for teacher workshops here in the States.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Sunday 1 November 2015

The Duke of Cambridge, Commodore-in-Chief of the Submarine Service, will attend Submariners’ Remembrance Service and Parade on Sunday 1st November, at Middle Temple in London.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...81197071912962
Old 11-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The widow of a Royal Navy officer took the chance to say thank you in person to the Duke of Cambridge for sending her family a "touching" letter of condolence when her husband was shot on a nuclear submarine.

Gillian Molyneux, from Wigan, described the Submariners' Remembrance Service and Parade in central London as an "emotional" day for her family.

Her husband Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux, 36, was killed by Able Seaman Ryan Donovan while HMS Astute was docked in Southampton in 2011.
Read more: Prince William's touching letter to family of murdered Wigan Navy hero | Granada - ITV News

Prince William attends Submariners' Remembrance - ITV News

Submariners’ Remembrance Service and Parade | Royal Navy
Old 11-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The widow of a Royal Navy officer took the chance to say thank you in person to the Duke of Cambridge for sending her family a "touching" letter of condolence when her husband was shot on a nuclear submarine. Gillian Molyneux, 41, described the Submariners' Remembrance Service and Parade in central London as an "emotional" day for her family. William joined around 400 serving and veteran submariners at the annual open air ceremony-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William told the widow of a murdered Naval officer‎ to give her children 'big hugs' from him today after she thanked him for writing a private letter of condolence to them.

‎Gillian Molyneux, whose husband Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux, was shot dead when a Royal Navy junior rating went on the rampage on the nuclear submarine HMS Astute in 2011, revealed how William sent his note of sympathy to her just over a week before his wedding in April 2011 to Kate Middleton.

His letter said that, having lost his mother as a child, he knew something of how her children, particularly her eldest son Jamie, now 18, must be feeling.
Read more: Prince William greets widow Gillian Molyneux whose husband died disarming seaman | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Majesty

What a lovely and heartfelt gesture! Typical caring, and compassionate William.

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust