The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No uniform. So disappointed. I love seeing William in a uniform.

The Duke of Cambridge at the service-

No uniform. So disappointed. I love seeing William in a uniform.

To be fair, his RAF and Irish Guards uniforms would have looked out of place at a Royal Navy service. I see that he is Commodore-In-Chief to the Royal Navy Submarine Service; does that entitle him to a Royal Navy uniform?

Yes.

Just as Anne wears a uniform of the Blues and Royals as the Honourary Colonel with no military service at all behind her.

William never served in the Irish Guards but he is entitled to that uniform and so he would be entitled to the navy uniform for this position as well.

And didn't he (perhaps shortly) serve on all three dividions?

The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this evening attended the Senior Colonels’ Conference and Dinner at Clarence House.

- Court Circular || 7 June 2019

The Duke of Cambridge is giving his support to a charity that helps homeless LGBT youngsters after Lady Gaga recommended that he get involved.

Prince William will this week meet representatives from The Albert Kennedy Trust (Akt), who hope he will become its patron.

The pair first teamed up together after William read an open letter by Lady Gaga about living with post-traumatic stress disorder. The pair then collaborated on a project for Heads Together, a mental health initiative spearheaded by The Royal Foundation, in 2017.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...GBT-youngsters.html?__twitter_impression=true

That is one of the charities the Sussexes followed this month as well. Nice they are getting plenty of support.

The Duke of Cambridge will attend the London’s Air Ambulance Charity gala on Thursday 7th November.

The Duke became Patron of the @LDNairamb 30th Anniversary Campaign in January 2019. #30YearsSavingLives

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

I am one who finds that, from my perspective, The Duke of Cambridge rarely puts a toe out of place. But comments like this are horribly tone deaf.

I am one who finds that, from my perspective, The Duke of Cambridge rarely puts a toe out of place. But comments like this are horribly tone deaf.

I don't fully understand what is tone-deaf about William stating (in a somewhat private conversation with a guest at the Air Ambulance Gala) that he doesn't fly the helicopter that much because he prioritizes spending time with his children.

Is your concern that he admits that 'here and there' he still has the opportunity to fly a helicopter? Or that he prefers to spend his free/spare time with his children rather than go and fly a helicopter?

Court Circular 7th November:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, London’s Air Ambulance during the Charity’s Thirtieth Anniversary, this evening attended a Gala Ball at Rosewood London, 252 High Holborn, London WC1, to mark the finale of the “30 Years Saving Lives” campaign and was received by Colonel Jane Davis (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 15th November:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Passage, this morning visited St. Vincent's Centre, Carlisle Place, London SW1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William hosting a reception today at St. James Palace for the Metropolitan Police Orphan's fund.

he Duke of Cambridge is hosting a St James’s Palace reception for children and families supported by the Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund. William is patron of the fund, which is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year.

Court Circular 12th February:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, attended a Reception at St James’s Palace to mark the 150th anniversary of the Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund.

That’s a perfect fit for Prince William. He will do great!

Very nice! This is clearly a great fit for him and one that he's so well versed in. These are absolutely my favorite types of patronages to see them take on, those that they have a personal interest in or a close tie with.

I have to agree that this is a perfect fit for William. Being intimately familiar and experienced himself in air ambulance work, there in no doubt in my mind that he'll be deeply involved in this cause. Perhaps even, on occasion, conspire with them to let him go on a few runs. I bet he misses that job a lot. People that commit to emergency services such as this usually are very dedicated individuals that really care about what they're doing.

Wonderful.
A great cause and something close to his heart.

William’s new patronage is a great fit! The group is lucky to be getting a royal patron with such in depth knowledge of what they do, and I would say William is also fortunate to have this connection with a part of his working life that seemed to mean a lot to him.

The Duke of Cambridge is the New Patron of London's Air Ambulance Charity

Very pleased to see that the National Emergencies Trust and the Duke of Cambridge have released this video to get the message across to the people of the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 25th March:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Passage, this afternoon held a Meeting via telephone with Mr Mick Clarke (Chief Executive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom