The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's only got eight charities on the roster so far, I suppose, along with his military commitments. :rolleyes: Katie Nicholl needs to hang it up.

it is time that Prince William got a steady "job" of some sorts. Many men and women in the military have jobs outside of military. Although he will not be able to work a "normal" job, he is at the age were he needs something steady, so he doesn't seem like all he does is vacation outside of military.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1050921/Queen-tells-Charles-Get-William-charity-job.html
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: ‘The Prince is already involved as patron or president of a number of charities and that will continue and develop further as required, although the number of charitable links won’t increase substantially
BP is saying the article is inaccurate, so I think Ms Nicholl should check her 'sources'! :whistling::ROFLMAO:
it is time that Prince William got a steady "job" of some sorts. Many men and women in the military have jobs outside of military. Although he will not be able to work a "normal" job, he is at the age were he needs something steady, so he doesn't seem like all he does is vacation outside of military.
No serving officer is supposed to have a job outside of the military, unless it is a work from home/directorship type job. As a serving officer, he is on call every day of the week. :flowers:

So the "get a job" edict applies to both William and Kate now! WOW!:eek::eek: Unfortunnately, The Mail put links to Katie Nicholl's other "scoups" in the article. It distroys her credibility when she also claimed Brad Pitt and Angolina Jolie's tax returns only shown the couple doing one hour per week in charity work. First of all, I don't see how she could have gotten the couple's tax returns legally, and second, US tax returns don't count hours at charity work. You can write of tax contributions, but not hours of volunteer work.

. . . . . Many men and women in the military have jobs outside of military. .
I am aware that many servicemen/women "moonlight" however every service that I know of frowns upon it at the very least or forbids it at worst. :D

Holding down a 24/7 365 day-a-year on-call military career is totally incompatable with an "outside" job in "Civvy Street". :ermm:

That was my thought as well. Perhaps the poster was thinking of Reserve/Militia-type jobs that are only part-time unless the person is called up to full-time service.:ermm:

No serving officer is supposed to have a job outside of the military, unless it is a work from home/directorship type job. As a serving officer, he is on call every day of the week. :flowers:

Pics 5.11.2008

Prince William, patron of the Lord Mayor's Appeal 2008, attends a
concert supporting Wellbeing of Women and ORBIS at St. Paul's
Cathedral in London, UK on November 5, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Picture gallery

that was the most uglest dress i have ever seen. what ever her name is looks way to old to be wearing that. Wills looks hoooooooooot! I am going to haveto take a cold shower.

Pics 8.1.2009

Prince William and Prince Harry attend a reception to mark the formal
launch of the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, in London, UK
on January 8, 2009

----> abaca gallery

Britain's Prince William delivers a speech in London on January 8, 2009. William
and his brother, Prince Harry, were attending a reception as joint patrons to
mark the formal launch of the charity the Henry Van Strawbenzee Memorial
Fund. The charity, set up following the death of Henry Van Strawbenzee -
a friend of the Princes - aims to support schools in Uganda, where Henry was
working.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, iceflower -- but I've got to say, that third picture of William is a little ... :eek:!

haha I know what you mean Ella Kay, I can't wait to hear his speech, his last one was pretty good I was impressed, he even improvised some of it and added things in although you could tell they weren't part of the original speech.

William definitely has been improving at public speaking -- I think the more practice he has, the more he'll improve. I think Harry actually spoke at this reception, too, so there may be two speeches to hear.

Definitely, I'm really happy about that since, I got a little worried when I heard him on the Dateline interview right before Concert for Diana, but I guess that's normal, I noticed as time went on that I do it too except I say "like" in every sentence instead of "um" . Anyways it'd be great if Harry gave a speech too, I can't wait to hear them.

I got this from the Sun

Wills told guests: “Having lost someone so close in similar circumstances, Harry and I understand how important it is to keep their memory alive.”
Harry added: “Henry would be so proud of his family for what they are doing in his name.”

Yes...quite.:ohmy: I wonder just how that visual effect was achieved. It's like something from a site of William-worshippers.:lol:

Thanks for the pics, iceflower -- but I've got to say, that third picture of William is a little ... :eek:!

In some of these photos he looks very much like his uncle Edward.

Thanks to Stix over at another board I found some info about yesterday's polo game that wasn't pointed out because of all the fuss over William and Kate

Harry and William were playing to raise money for 3 of their charities, Sentebale, the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, and the Child Bereavement Charity.

Polo match tomorrow, it will be raising money for 4 of their charities. I had posted this before and it was included in the d-day article but it got moved, so here it is again
Arranged last autumn, the Princes will be joining U.S. professional Nick Roldan, 28, and City banker Satnam Dhillon on a team called Umbogo (Swahili for buffalo) which is playing against Crest View, whose patron is Texan oil-man Alan Meeker.
The £125-a-head bash includes a champagne reception and three-course lunch followed by the polo, which will raise funds for four of the Princes' charities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom