The Duke of Cambridge as Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
30kxfu0.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

The Duke of Cambridge as
Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

Announced March 12, 2009

"Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement."

Official Website

Last edited:
Pics 12.3.2009

Prince William listens to families speak at a reception of The Child
Bereavement Charity held at the Sladmore Contemporary Art Gallery
on March 12, 2009 in London, England.
The Child Bereavement Charity is the UK's leading charity that supports
families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a
child is bereaved.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
So sad. :sad:

I'll never stop feeling sorry for both William and Harry.

It was great to see William today at the Child Bereavement Charity - he is using his painful experience of loosing Diana to help other children who have lost parents. Im sure Diana would have been incredibly proud of him.
His speech about never been able to say "mummy" again was so moving

The world mourned Diana and focused on what they lost, but it was far worse for her sons. They were so young when she died too.It's interesting and sad reading his remarks, but they are truly heartfelt, for even though it's been eleven and a half years since her death, it's pain that obviously never goes away. He's an excellant patron for this charity to have.

for even though it's been eleven and a half years since her death, it's pain that obviously never goes away.
It is a pain that fades in it's intensity for most people as they have to get on with living their lives, IMO.:flowers:

for even though it's been eleven and a half years since her death, it's pain that obviously never goes away.

My nephew lost his dad when he was 10 years old; he's 21 now, and he tells me the same thing. The pain doesn't leave, it just morphs and moves to a different spot. He's very serious now with a current girlfriend and speaks to me of marriage to her; he expresses that his children will never meet their grandfather.

Grace, you're right. Until one loses a parent, one cannot imagine the pain. It's a remarkable person who can turn that kind of daily wound into assistance for others, and I applaud the future King in his efforts with this charity.

Very true. I think these are certainly the most personal remarks he's made on losing his mother in 1997.I don't think otherwise there has been much public occasion to speak of it. Obviously, the next generation of the Royal Family ( future children of Prince William and Kate Middleton and in the more distant future, Prince Harry) will be related to Diana, and that's how she really will carry on, in some ways. Eventually most of the main British Royal family will be her of her blood.

William's words appear to be truely heartfelt, and display a sensitivity hitherto unseen publicly.

Although he never said anything in public, he did concur with Harry's remarks at their mother's memorial service.

And I think we have to remember that, very often, people don't speak about the things that they are most sensitive about. It's probably doubly hard for these young men to talk about this, given how much of their lives have already been exploited for public consumption despite their wishes.

It is nice that Prince William has become a patron of such worthy cause. The main point is that he fully realises goals of the Chile Bereavement Charity due to his personal experience. No matter how old he/he is, it is/will be difficult for any child to lose his/her parents.

Yes, and thank goodness for that. Otherwise we'd never be able to get anything done. My father died over two years ago, and we were very close. My mother-in-law died just three weeks previously to him. I thought I'd never recover. But I noticed a distinct difference after six months, then after a year; now I still miss them but can remember them with pleasure instead of sadness and that horrible feeling of loss.:)

It is a pain that fades in it's intensity for most people as they have to get on with living their lives, IMO.:flowers:

Prince William is following in Diana's foot steps by being a patron of a charity that relates to something he has felt in his own life, in this case grief over losing a parent. Diana was patron I think of eating disorder organizations, she spoke about an issue which had impacted her own life.

Yes, and thank goodness for that. Otherwise we'd never be able to get anything done. My father died over two years ago, and we were very close. My mother-in-law died just three weeks previously to him. I thought I'd never recover. But I noticed a distinct difference after six months, then after a year; now I still miss them but can remember them with pleasure instead of sadness and that horrible feeling of loss.:)
I am sorry for your loss but glad you have been able to get on with your life. :flowers: It is difficult to lose someone close, parents or children, some need such charities, others have friends and family and those that just get through under their own steam.

William and Harry, have of course been denied just the good memories, with the very public exposes and inquest.:flowers:

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge attended an event last night which helped raise £675,000 for Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate 100 Women in Hedge Funds held gala at St James' Palace. William is patron of both 100WHF and Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate for details later about last night's event, and for more info about the great work they do, follow @cbchelp

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate 100WHF is focuing for a year each on 3 of William's Patronages: Centrepoint 2010, @cbchelp 2011, Skill Force in 2012.
I asked him if we'll get any pix later on let's see what his reply is....
I know it hasn't been that long but it feels like forever since we've gotten new pix guess we were just spoiled rotten during the NA tour so now it seems weird. Haven't been here in a while I've missed this place!

Last edited:
I always feel a special sense of poignancy when William attends an event in support of the CBC. The cause must be close to his heart- such is the case when one can relate to the cause due to personal life experience. That charity has an ideal Patron- nobody could do better!

I agree with you. I read his speech that Marika86 kindly posted, and it spoke volumes about his passion for this cause. He understands the grief of losing a close family member (a parent nonetheless) and can provide strength and support to families who are dealing with the same sorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom