The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

What the heck is the woman in the third picture down wearing around her neck? Looks like roadkill.
Dowton Abbey stars?
As always, The Duke in a tux-est of all!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Majesty

I think people look great in Ralph Lauren - but then I am American. But I do think his clothes flatter the general body shape of both men and women.
It looked like people were a bit warm in some of these photos. Not a warm day in London, though.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Fabulous occasion, and very gracious of the Duke to host an evening supporting the Hospital and thanking its benefactors.
What a shame Cara Delavigne chose to look like a Crack addict... she COULD look beautiful
Old 05-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Funny, this... and it ran to three tweets
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique.....

.Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h .....'I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter,' she said. 'He quite wisely said no.'
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
Have to say, every time I have met Helena Bonham Carter she has been a delight to talk to - funny and self depreciating. William, say yes!

Old 05-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Which one is she? The one with the roadkill around her neck?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Cara Delavigne appears in the sixth photo...

I think the 'roadkill' woman is the current Mrs Lauren
Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Majesty

No on roadkill: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...74_964x830.jpg

And as to "current" status for Mrs. Lauren - they have been married since 1964.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

My apologies to the Laurens, then..
Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 2h
For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely
A couple of journos have said this on twitter tonite.

For it to make any sense at all, Catherine needs to get some solo "gigs" in her diary - pronto!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

- Cara Yikes- that eye make up!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This makes sense to me. It also serves to remind folks (especially with this past one which seemed to be more on a celebratory/party level) that William and Kate attending are as representative of The Queen and they're not just there to party.

I'm sure that Kate will be out and about in the near future but her primary duty and responsibility is with George and I think both William and Kate are very serious about being his primary care givers and the nanny is there to assist rather than do all the child rearing. The Cambridges are definitely very hands on parents.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
As always, The Duke in a tux-est of all!
Oh, absolutely . This is a cause that William is passionate about, so it's lovely to see him host this dinner.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
A couple of journos have said this on twitter tonite.

For it to make any sense at all, Catherine needs to get some solo "gigs" in her diary - pronto!
I'm sure announcements will be made.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I'm sure that Kate will be out and about in the near future but her primary duty and responsibility is with George and I think both William and Kate are very serious about being his primary care givers and the nanny is there to assist rather than do all the child rearing. The Cambridges are definitely very hands on parents.

Maybe so, but I don't see why Kate can't attend at least a weekly event?
Surely that isn't too taxing and would still give her lots of time to spend with George.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Tonight A-listers galore will descend on Windsor Castle in what one royal-watcher has described as a “perfect” mingling of royalty, charity and celebrity.

Invited to the glittering gala dinner, hosted by the Duke of Cambridge to celebrate the pioneering work and fund-raising of Britain’s leading cancer hospital, the Royal Marsden, are Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Watson, Mario Testino and Helena Bonham Carter, as well as rock stars, City moguls and multi-millionaire philanthropists.
The Duke of Cambridge's charity gala: when royalty meets showbiz - Telegraph
Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe so, but I don't see why Kate can't attend at least a weekly event?
Surely that isn't too taxing and would still give her lots of time to spend with George.

I think Pr George is hardly the reason why she didn´t attend. But it´s her husband who is patron of the Royal Marsden, and not she.
When Catherine is doing her Nat. Portrait Gallery engagements,for instance, William is not joining her either.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

As the royal reporters have mention before, they are focusing on their own charities. The sub museum, royal mardsen, FA cup- those are all William's. When did William go to one of Kate's- probably when they went to the Natural History Museum to watch the 3D movie. Plus if Kate went to the Windsor event yesterday, how many stories would there be about what she wore and look Kate is meeting Kate Moss and Cate Blanchet. The reason for the event won't be hardly mentioned.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

William isn't worried about where the attention would've gone if Catherine had attended. The idea is for them to support their own charities. We see The Queen, Philip, Charles and many members of the royal family doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with who would've stolen the spotlight.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree that William wouldn't care that Kate stole the spotlight. However, I think that both of them would want the spotlight to be on the cause that they are highlighting. Focusing on the cause is especially difficult for the media when Kate is involved. Look at the coverage when they went to Manly in Australia. Most of the papers focused on the "baywatch" moment instead of the hospice visit.