The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

William looks good in scrubs and surgical mask.... would have been a good doctor. but yeah - that really wasn't a career day option. :)

Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William Visits the Royal Marsden - Pictures - Zimbio

Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
William looks good in scrubs and surgical mask.... would have been a good doctor. but yeah - that really wasn't a career day option. :)
The new Dr. McDreamy!?!

Good he was able to handle it, not everyone can. The ex wife of a good friend of mine works in the Pharmacy World, she was sent to check in on how a new drug of their's was doing (no idea what it is or does). She said she got about four steps into the OR and the next thing she knew, she was coming around on a gurney and w/her feet up higher than the rest of her. Ever since, she's never been sent out for that particular duty by the company.

And she didn't get as close as William did. I hope both Patients have a speedy recovery, and for the man who was having that Bladder Surgery/Procedure, that it helps him to kick his Cancer to the curb tout suit!!. I also hope this helps William understand more about what The Royal Marsden does in the fight against Cancer. He doesn't want to be a Figurehead President and to do that, he needs to be as hands on and informed as possible. This visit today is part of that and I am impressed.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
What can I say? The man rocks OR attire. The photos of him with the microscope and robot are funny.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
The new Dr. McDreamy!?!

Good he was able to handle it, not everyone can. The ex wife of a good friend of mine works in the Pharmacy World, she was sent to check in on how a new drug of their's was doing (no idea what it is or does). She said she got about four steps into the OR and the next thing she knew, she was coming around on a gurney and w/her feet up higher than the rest of her. Ever since, she's never been sent out for that particular duty by the company.

And she didn't get as close as William did. I hope both Patients have a speedy recovery, and for the man who was having that Bladder Surgery/Procedure, that it helps him to kick his Cancer to the curb tout suit!!. I also hope this helps William understand more about what The Royal Marsden does in the fight against Cancer. He doesn't want to be a Figurehead President and to do that, he needs to be as hands on and informed as possible. This visit today is part of that and I am impressed.
Right. Agree 100 percent on everything else.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Wow!!!
Dahling babe!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
The new Dr. McDreamy!?! Good he was able to handle it, not everyone can. The ex wife of a good friend of mine works in the Pharmacy World, she was sent to check in on how a new drug of their's was doing (no idea what it is or does). She said she got about four steps into the OR and the next thing she knew, she was coming around on a gurney and w/her feet up higher than the rest of her. Ever since, she's never been sent out for that particular duty by the company. And she didn't get as close as William did. I hope both Patients have a speedy recovery, and for the man who was having that Bladder Surgery/Procedure, that it helps him to kick his Cancer to the curb tout suit!!. I also hope this helps William understand more about what The Royal Marsden does in the fight against Cancer. He doesn't want to be a Figurehead President and to do that, he needs to be as hands on and informed as possible. This visit today is part of that and I am impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What can I say? The man rocks OR attire. The photos of him with the microscope and robot are funny.
Absolutely agree with both of you, and Tigger, the opening line of your post made me giggle. I swear, I'm terrified of doctors, but if they were as handsome, and as caring as William, I think I'd be looking forward to my annual check-ups, and those horrid dentist appointments. On a serious note, I too love that he's such a hands-on patron, and wants to know what goes on with his charities on a personal level.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Absolutely agree with both of you, and Tigger, the opening line of your post made me giggle. I swear, I'm terrified of doctors, but if they were as handsome, and as caring as William, I think I'd be looking forward to my annual check-ups, and those horrid dentist appointments. On a serious note, I too love that he's such a hands-on patron, and wants to know what goes on with his charities on a personal level.
That makes 2 of us!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Serene Highness

Even pop sugar is getting into Dr. mc Dreamy [URL]http://www.popsugar.com/Prince-William-Wearing-Scrubs-Hospital-32379288
Old 11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

My word, William looked dashing in his scrubs, all he needed was a #10 blade and he would have been ready to operate.
I am a medical student, so was very excited to see Prince William in the OR all scrubbed up. I am sure the scrub nurses were a lot kinder to him than they are to us students when it comes to the sterile field.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m

Prince William hosted a dinner at Kensington Palace last night for the Royal Marsden Hospital, the Court Circular shows.

(Thursday evening)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
From sleeping out on the streets in a cold winter to trekking to the north and south poles and experiencing first hand the work doctors are doing with innovative surgeries, The Duke of Cambridge and his brother Harry both not only get involved but go the extra mile where their causes and charities are concerned. I personally think its because they were both born with a double dose of caring and passion from both of their parents.

I do have to admit that at first I couldn't see the point of William attending and actually scrub up and be a part of a surgical procedure but the more I thought about it, with the role he played in his SAR career, he most likely had to have some kind of emergency medical training. Its not in William's nature to grandstand for his own purposes when he does something like this but is more of a desire to know and learn just what is involved.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Courtier

I was wrong :-(

I thought that the duke's observing an operation was very odd but after seeing the photos and reading the write up, I think it was worthwhile.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

JB @Royal_beans · 6h
The Duke of Cambridge, President, will host a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden at Windsor Castle, on May 13 #royal

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

JB @Royal_beans · 6h
The Duke of Cambridge, President, will host a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden at Windsor Castle, on May 13 #royal

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to this.Will it be private, or will there be press?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 20m
The Duke of Cambridge will host stars at a dinner at Windsor Castle on May 13 to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden Hospital.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
William's dinner guests on Tuesday will include Kate Moss, Mario Testino, Helena Bonham-Carter, Benedict Cumberbatch and Cara Delevingne.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
The evening will conclude with a performance from award winning British singer songwriter, Emeli Sande, the palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
Breast cancer campaigner Ralph Lauren, who is entering into a new philanthropic partnership with The Royal Marsden, will also be there.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 26m
All Prince William's celebrity guests in Ralph Lauren tonight in honour of the designer's generosity to the Royal Marsden

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
Prince William to Ralph and Ricky Lauren at Windsor tonight: "I'm sorry my wife's not here, you probably would far rather you saw my wife."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16m
Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique......

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
Bonham Carter: "I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter. He quite wisely said no."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
More seriously, Ms Bonham Carter on cancer. "We now live in times when it doesn't mean death; a lot of people are living with the disease."

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William hosts a star-studded gala dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden-
Prince William hosts a star-studded gala dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden | Royal | News | Daily Express

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Majesty

another article and pictures
It's a Windsor Wonderland: Prince William throws open the doors of the Castle for glitzy ball where guests include Kate Moss, Emma Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch - but Kate stays at home with the baby | Mail Online