The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m

Prince William hosted a dinner at Kensington Palace last night for the Royal Marsden Hospital, the Court Circular shows.

(Thursday evening)

Absolutely agree with both of you, and Tigger, the opening line of your post made me giggle. I swear, I'm terrified of doctors, but if they were as handsome, and as caring as William, I think I'd be looking forward to my annual check-ups, and those horrid dentist appointments. On a serious note, I too love that he's such a hands-on patron, and wants to know what goes on with his charities on a personal level.

From sleeping out on the streets in a cold winter to trekking to the north and south poles and experiencing first hand the work doctors are doing with innovative surgeries, The Duke of Cambridge and his brother Harry both not only get involved but go the extra mile where their causes and charities are concerned. I personally think its because they were both born with a double dose of caring and passion from both of their parents.

I do have to admit that at first I couldn't see the point of William attending and actually scrub up and be a part of a surgical procedure but the more I thought about it, with the role he played in his SAR career, he most likely had to have some kind of emergency medical training. Its not in William's nature to grandstand for his own purposes when he does something like this but is more of a desire to know and learn just what is involved.

I was wrong :-(

I thought that the duke's observing an operation was very odd but after seeing the photos and reading the write up, I think it was worthwhile.

JB @Royal_beans · 6h
The Duke of Cambridge, President, will host a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden at Windsor Castle, on May 13 #royal

JB @Royal_beans · 6h
The Duke of Cambridge, President, will host a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden at Windsor Castle, on May 13 #royal

Looking forward to this.Will it be private, or will there be press?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 20m
The Duke of Cambridge will host stars at a dinner at Windsor Castle on May 13 to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden Hospital.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
William's dinner guests on Tuesday will include Kate Moss, Mario Testino, Helena Bonham-Carter, Benedict Cumberbatch and Cara Delevingne.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
The evening will conclude with a performance from award winning British singer songwriter, Emeli Sande, the palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
Breast cancer campaigner Ralph Lauren, who is entering into a new philanthropic partnership with The Royal Marsden, will also be there.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 26m
All Prince William's celebrity guests in Ralph Lauren tonight in honour of the designer's generosity to the Royal Marsden

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
Prince William to Ralph and Ricky Lauren at Windsor tonight: "I'm sorry my wife's not here, you probably would far rather you saw my wife."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 16m
Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique......

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
Bonham Carter: "I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter. He quite wisely said no."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
More seriously, Ms Bonham Carter on cancer. "We now live in times when it doesn't mean death; a lot of people are living with the disease."

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think people look great in Ralph Lauren - but then I am American. But I do think his clothes flatter the general body shape of both men and women.
It looked like people were a bit warm in some of these photos. Not a warm day in London, though.

Last edited:
Fabulous occasion, and very gracious of the Duke to host an evening supporting the Hospital and thanking its benefactors.
What a shame Cara Delavigne chose to look like a Crack addict... she COULD look beautiful

Funny, this... and it ran to three tweets
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h Just love this: Helena Bonham Carter said tonight she had met William and Kate before they married while holidaying on Mustique.....

.Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h .....'I got very drunk at one point and I was determined to ask him to be a godfather to my daughter,' she said. 'He quite wisely said no.'
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
Have to say, every time I have met Helena Bonham Carter she has been a delight to talk to - funny and self depreciating. William, say yes!

Which one is she? The one with the roadkill around her neck?

Cara Delavigne appears in the sixth photo...

I think the 'roadkill' woman is the current Mrs Lauren

My apologies to the Laurens, then..

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 2h
For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely

For those who ask why did #Kate not attend #RoyalMarsden #PrinceWilliam bash - the couple like separate gigs to spread influence more widely

A couple of journos have said this on twitter tonite.

For it to make any sense at all, Catherine needs to get some solo "gigs" in her diary - pronto!

This makes sense to me. It also serves to remind folks (especially with this past one which seemed to be more on a celebratory/party level) that William and Kate attending are as representative of The Queen and they're not just there to party.

I'm sure that Kate will be out and about in the near future but her primary duty and responsibility is with George and I think both William and Kate are very serious about being his primary care givers and the nanny is there to assist rather than do all the child rearing. The Cambridges are definitely very hands on parents.

A couple of journos have said this on twitter tonite.

For it to make any sense at all, Catherine needs to get some solo "gigs" in her diary - pronto!

I'm sure announcements will be made.

I'm sure that Kate will be out and about in the near future but her primary duty and responsibility is with George and I think both William and Kate are very serious about being his primary care givers and the nanny is there to assist rather than do all the child rearing. The Cambridges are definitely very hands on parents.

Maybe so, but I don't see why Kate can't attend at least a weekly event?
Surely that isn't too taxing and would still give her lots of time to spend with George.

Tonight A-listers galore will descend on Windsor Castle in what one royal-watcher has described as a “perfect” mingling of royalty, charity and celebrity.

Invited to the glittering gala dinner, hosted by the Duke of Cambridge to celebrate the pioneering work and fund-raising of Britain’s leading cancer hospital, the Royal Marsden, are Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Emma Watson, Mario Testino and Helena Bonham Carter, as well as rock stars, City moguls and multi-millionaire philanthropists.
The Duke of Cambridge's charity gala: when royalty meets showbiz - Telegraph

Maybe so, but I don't see why Kate can't attend at least a weekly event?
Surely that isn't too taxing and would still give her lots of time to spend with George.

I think Pr George is hardly the reason why she didn´t attend. But it´s her husband who is patron of the Royal Marsden, and not she.
When Catherine is doing her Nat. Portrait Gallery engagements,for instance, William is not joining her either.

As the royal reporters have mention before, they are focusing on their own charities. The sub museum, royal mardsen, FA cup- those are all William's. When did William go to one of Kate's- probably when they went to the Natural History Museum to watch the 3D movie. Plus if Kate went to the Windsor event yesterday, how many stories would there be about what she wore and look Kate is meeting Kate Moss and Cate Blanchet. The reason for the event won't be hardly mentioned.

William isn't worried about where the attention would've gone if Catherine had attended. The idea is for them to support their own charities. We see The Queen, Philip, Charles and many members of the royal family doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with who would've stolen the spotlight.

I totally agree that William wouldn't care that Kate stole the spotlight. However, I think that both of them would want the spotlight to be on the cause that they are highlighting. Focusing on the cause is especially difficult for the media when Kate is involved. Look at the coverage when they went to Manly in Australia. Most of the papers focused on the "baywatch" moment instead of the hospice visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom