The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Majesty

My heart goes out to the families. Losing one's child is beyond devastating. I'm glad the girls were able to meet William and Catherine and receive a little sunshine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
My heart goes out to the families. Losing one's child is beyond devastating. I'm glad the girls were able to meet William and Catherine and receive a little sunshine.
Indeed. That describes the gift perfectly does'nt it? Giving sunshine.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Indeed. That describes the gift perfectly does'nt it? Giving sunshine.
Indeed it does. I remember seeing pictures of William and Catherine interacting with the children that day, and everyone was radiating joy. The pictures that stuck in my mind were of William with the little boy, and Catherine, sitting and listening intently to one of the girls. I cannot say this enough, but these two have a very special gift when interacting with others, especially children.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Yes, I agree. TRH have big hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The pictures that stuck in my mind were of William with the little boy, and Catherine, sitting and listening intently to one of the girls. I cannot say this enough, but these two have a very special gift when interacting with others, especially children.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

This is terrible! I'm posting this more so cause it has new pix from their visit to the Royal Marsden in September
Trolls target cancer victim on Facebook: Sick comments about girl who inspired William and Kate - Princess Diana Remembered
Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

How low can some people stoop?!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, there are always sickos out there who revel in the pain and grief of others.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Prince William supports Royal Marsden campaign
Video:
https://www.royalmarsden.org/ten10/prince-william

“I am extremely proud to be President of The Royal Marsden, an incredible hospital and a world-class cancer centre. Please help them continue their amazing work as a centre of innovation and help make a difference for people with cancer everywhere.”
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Courtier

Prince William in £100m cancer appeal: The Duke of Cambridge launches hospital bid with video plea - Mirror Online

Prince William’s £100m plea in cancer war | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Royal Marsden, Chelsea, London, on November 7.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Prince William will watch two operations during that visit to the Royal Marsden: a breast reconstruction and removal of a bladder tumour
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 48m
Shades of Princess Diana there, with William observing operations

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Royal Marsden, Chelsea, London, on November 7.

Prince William will watch two operations during that visit to the Royal Marsden: a breast reconstruction and removal of a bladder tumour
Looking forward to this. William is so good at this type of visit. He is a braver man than I watching live operations. I guess having a few major operations does make me eager to go back to the OR.
Does remind me of Princess Diana.
Wonder how William will look in OR garb?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm guessing he'll be in the operating room or in the gallery overlooking the operations.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

More about the visit to hospital
Shades of Diana: Prince William to watch hospital operations | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
First- The Duke + people = magical. Love those photos. Prince William in a tuxedo=
Second- Really looking forward to this. Love that William shares compassion, not judgement. Good for a future king.
You're spot on there. This man has the 'people' skills most politicians and public figures would only dream of possessing, and his compassion, and kind heart only add to this charm.

Quote:

This will be an interesting visit for sure. I'm glad William is taking such interest in the happenings of his charities, as well as in those who benefit from them. Says a lot about him as a human being.

Quote:
Looking forward to this. William is so good at this type of visit. He is a braver man than I watching live operations. I guess having a few major operations does make me eager to go back to the OR.
Does remind me of Princess Diana.
Wonder how William will look in OR garb?
You're spot on again. I give him a great deal of credit for being able to do something like this. I know that I have trouble staying calm when students get a scratch with a drop of blood, so to watch an entire operation would probably send me to the nearest Emergency Room, due to a fainting spell.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Sorry if this puts a damper on this for some - but what is the point?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Given an opportunity they press will try to make a Diana reference. Just like they did with Kate wearing a polka dot dress leaving the Lindo Wing just like Diana even though the dresses were not similar other than polka dot.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I do hope both these patients choose to remain anonymous. I can just see if one speaks to the DM; "The Prince was entranced with my new breasts"
Old 10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Sorry - what is the point of William seeing live operations? Apart from giving the press the opportunity to mention his mother (which I dont think is the case)?

I've never SEEN an operation but I know the work, dedication and stress it causes for the surgical team. As a patient I've known the stress it caused me. Just don't see the point.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Sorry - what is the point of William seeing live operations? Apart from giving the press the opportunity to mention his mother (which I dont think is the case)?

I've never SEEN an operation but I know the work, dedication and stress it causes for the surgical team. As a patient I've known the stress it caused me. Just don't see the point.
TBH, I don't see the point either. William isn't likely to have much of a clue as to what is going on during the operation and I'd be really surprised if he is allowed inside the OR itself. If it was me, I'd kind of shy away from having a procedure done knowing it was going to be a royal spectacle. I'd prefer to have a staff of doctors and nurses that had my procedure as the #1 priority while it was going on.

I know William means well but a breast reconstruction surgery? As you said... what's the point.