The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Majesty

For a fifth year, three students will each receive one of the Prince William Scholarships in Film, Television and Games, supported by BAFTA and Warner Bros., awarded in the name of HRH The Duke of Cambridge in his role as President of BAFTA.

These recipients will have their fees funded by Warner Bros. and will additionally receive a short funded work placement within the Warner Bros. group of companies, access to a Warner Bros. mentor, and invitations to a series of industry masterclasses.

Read more: BAFTA's UK Scholarships Programme | BAFTA

Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal Jul 23
Best of luck to all the @BAFTA Young Game Designers finalists ahead of this weekend's ceremony: #YGD

Quote:
In a message of support to all the young finalists, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, President of BAFTA, said: “When I met the winners of the 2015 competition, I saw for myself the remarkable game ideas and game-making skills of young people today and I am once again very impressed by the unique ideas of this year’s finalists.

“The games industry continues to be one of the most successful, creative and fastest growing in the country and I am pleased to see so many young people taking advantage of this exciting opportunity – one which could well launch their careers as the next big thing in British games.”

The Duke also praised the high number of entries which came through schools this year “highlighting the growing enthusiasm by teachers and educators to consider games as an art form and a viable career.”
Read more: BAFTA Young Game Designers Competition Winners Announced At Special Awards Ceremony | BAFTA

Old 01-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the @BAFTA Film Awards ceremony on the 12th February.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...05785033777152
Old 01-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Majesty

unlucky for the awardees as kate will definitely steal the show
Old 01-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
unlucky for the awardees as kate will definitely steal the show
I disagree - I think it adds more sparkle and attention to the event and the awardees would feel honored that THR attended in their year. I suppose it is just a question of perspective. I know that is how I would feel
Old 01-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has announced today that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards on Sunday 12 February.

The Duke, President of BAFTA, and The Duchess will walk the red carpet at London’s Royal Albert Hall and attend the awards ceremony, and The Duke will present the Fellowship, the highest accolade bestowed by the Academy.

Amanda Berry OBE, Chief Executive of BAFTA, said: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are fantastic supporters of BAFTA. We very much look forward to welcoming Their Royal Highnesses at the EE British Academy Film Awards on Sunday 12 February.”
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge To Attend EE British Academy Film Awards | BAFTA
Old 01-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm so happy they're attending this grand event together. I will watch it on BBC America.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's great to see William attending the event this year. And nice his rife us able to accompany him.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Majesty

People Magazine

BAFTAs 2017 Red Carpet Livestream: Watch Now
Old 02-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Do we know what time the royals will be arriving and will they be handing out any award/s?
Old 02-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Not sure the arrival time. William will be presenting an award.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages

Going by past red carpets, they would be arriving relatively close to the start of the awards. They are not going to be doing the red carpet chit chat the nominees will be doing pimping their clothing and movies.

William is presenting the BAFTAS Fellowship to Mel Brooks. I imagine someone in the industry with help with the presentation.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess just makes a very stunning couple. They're very elegant tonight.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Majesty

The Telegraph

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive on Bafta red carpet
Old 02-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Very elegant indeed!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Article from the Daily Fail:
BAFTAs 2017: Red Carpet Live | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Here are a few more photos from the arrival

Prince William Britain Entertainment Film Awards Bafta Royals Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 02-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Majesty

BAFTA ‏@BAFTA
BAFTA President HRH The Duke of Cambridge introduces the Fellowship award. #EEBAFTAs

https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/830910190794977280
Old 02-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge made their arrival at the BAFTA Awards Sunday evening about twenty minutes before the ceremony was set to begin. Kate—in her first-ever appearance at the awards show wore a black, off-the-shoulder Alexander McQueen gown—adorned with small white flowers. William, who has been President of BAFTA since 2010, wore a tux.
Home - ITNSource News