The Duke of Cambridge as President of The BAFTA 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
posted this in the musings and suggestions thread but it got ignored so I thought it may be a better idea to post this here
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

@nakitamarie My understanding is William and Kate won't be at the Baftas. They will have some more public duties together but not that soon.

Impossible for William to not be at the Baftas. He is the president and the ceremony is on sunday night and the date is staged for months so william did arrange his schedule around this date for sure. No way he can say it does go well with his military duties.

I hope Richard is wrong on this one but he was the one who first confirmed William and Kate attending the Christmas show together.

Impossible for William to not be at the Baftas. He is the president and the ceremony is on sunday night and the date is staged for months so william did arrange his schedule around this date for sure. No way he can say it does go well with his military duties.

It's not impossible, he can say he doesn't want to go if he can't make it.
He is the president, but it's not like he'll have a lot to do. Maybe give out an award.
If he's attending it should be in the diary, he does have his own section.

He doesn't decide when he is on duty at the base. He might put in a request for days to be rostered in certain ways but first and foremost they have to ensure that enough personel are on duty and that those that have been on duty for a certain period of time are also getting the right amount of rest.

I said it's impossible for William not to be at the BAFTA because the date of the show is scheduled far in advance and his own schedule probabley take into consideration his duties and his map is adjust well in advance when his has to perform his duties, what's the point to accept to take the role of president of the BAFTA if it's to not be present at the ceremony? It will be a non sense

Last year it was not in his diary, I learned he was named president of the bafta the day before the show on the BBC website and after it was mentioned on the website of the academy of the cinema. The day of the ceremony there was no mention. It's pretty normal, it's exactly the same that the christmas show he went with Kate. No mention of it on the website of the prince of wales in william's section. It has been indicated after the show with photos of william and kate.

See on the BAFTA website ... Ceremony of the Bafta on 13 02 .... under the patronage (zut dont remember the words) of our president HRA Prince william of wales.

I really hope William & Kate appear at the BAFTA award ceremony. We have seen so little of them since the engagement announcement.:sad: I understand he is working, she's busy with wedding stuff & they want to keep a fairly low profile BUT a few more appearances would be lovely. Are there any scheduled before the big day? On a related point, I am surprised we haven't had any further published pics from the Testino session. There must be more on the way surely?

But after the wedding we will hear about them for all the time:whistling:

I said it's impossible for William not to be at the BAFTA because the date of the show is scheduled far in advance and his own schedule probabley take into consideration his duties and his map is adjust well in advance when his has to perform his duties, what's the point to accept to take the role of president of the BAFTA if it's to not be present at the ceremony? It will be a non sense

As President of BAFTA William will not be obliged to attend every BAFTA event. This is just one of the organisations he supports, so he will need to organise his diary to balance all his commitments. It will certainly not be a "non sense" if he cannot attend the awards.

Rosapru said:

Its not impossible at all, i'm sure his RAF duties are planned further in advance than the BAFTAs. He is not contractually obliged to attend every BAFTA ceremony. He doesn't have to appear at the ceremony so I could imagine his RAF duties take precedence. It isn't non-sense, Richard Attenborough probably never attended every ceremony.

Beyond that, like anyone with a regular job, when you need time off, you have to select your priorities. This year, in particular, I would wager that time off for his wedding & honeymoon would take greater priority than attending the BAFTAs. Just the way the ball bounces some years.

Elisa Roche@Elisa_Roche
Lovely letter from Prince Wills to nominees at 2night's @BAFTA s thanking them for "so many memorable film moments in 2012" signed 'William'

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 18m
Prince William, president, will visit BAFTA HQ on Nov 18 to launch a campaign to help young people enter the film, TV and games industries.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, President of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), visited BAFTA headquarters for the launch of new campaign 'Give Something Back' which aims to support young people from all backgrounds to enter the film, television and games industries-
Home - ITNSource News

Such a brilliant idea.

Prince William admits Kate won't let him get a Playstation as he visits BAFTA headquarters-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...a-Playstation-as-he-visits-BAFTA-headquarters

Last edited:
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah 29m
The Duke of Cambridge will attend the BAFTAs on February 16th

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 28m
Prince William will present Dame Helen Mirren with a fellowship at the EE British Academy Film Awards at the Royal Opera House on Feb 16.

Does that mean that the Duchess of Cambridge will not be attending? If that is so, I am sorry to hear it.

I dont believe she has ever attended this event

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Prince William is attending the #BAFTA tonight & presenting Helen Mirren with the Fellowship Award. Kate is staying home with George

You can watch the BAFTA's on BBC America: 8pm Tonight-
Schedule | Movies | BBC America

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
"@itvnews Prince William arrives at the Bafta awards http://itv.co/1b7ZcSj pic.twitter.com/5cSWxaZ7XH"

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 33m When introducing Prince William to audience, @stephenfry jokes at his delight that Helen Mirren "has brought her grandson along”.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 6h
Then, tomorrow The Queen - along with the Duchess of Cambridge - will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for 'the dramatic arts’.

Prince William Bafta Red Carpet The Baftas #Baftas - YouTube

Last edited:
Thank you for the video of William at the BAFTA awards.

Loved Stephen Fry's joke about Helen Mirren being William's grandmother. I'll bet she didn't think it was real funny!

Loved Stephen Fry's joke about Helen Mirren being William's grandmother. I'll bet she didn't think it was real funny!

I bet she thought it was - she's played HM twice and won her only Academy Award for her role in The Queen.

I bet she thought it was - she's played HM twice and won her only Academy Award for her role in The Queen.

Of course. I get the joke and so did she. But no woman her age wants to be called a grandmother to a man William's age!

I loved the joke - especially when William actually said "or should I say granny" or something like that when presenting the fellowship to Mirren. Definitely one of the highlights of an otherwise rather disappointing BAFTA evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom