The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of Centrepoint 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Cambridge made an unofficial visit to Centrepoint today

Centrepoint @centrepointuk · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

https://twitter.com/centrepointuk/status/545171652930453504/photo/1

OK that picture makes me cry. Again, the future King sipping a mug of coffee like anybody else. Another website I was on this AM had great pictures- think it was the Daily Mail.
No it is not the first time he has dropped in. I will never forget watching a documentary about William, and him talking to a young man who in the past had struggled with hunger and drug abuse. The guy was so anxious, and embarrassed , but William put him at ease, and treated him with so much respect. Then he met a man who had not eaten in days, and again was so caring. He also slept on a street for a night with Centerpoint.
Not surprised that he's done this- first because it's William, and secondly, he's dropped in at least 3 times before, and he usually makes a Xmas visit. Sometimes he also does a visit at the Royal Marsden.
But again the main reason I'm not surprised is because it's William, I'd be surprised if he didn't. They call him amazing. That's putting it mildly to say the least. But what other word can you use? What other word is there?
Now if Kate will do a Xmas EACH or other hospice visit, life will be good!

Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
These just seem to go together.

Last edited:
My gag reflex is making it impossible to leave a comment.

From Centrepoint

The Duke of Cambridge chats about jobs and health with homeless young people.
Getting a job, interview techniques, healthy breakfasts and his wife's hair were just some of the chats between Centrepoint Patron The Duke of Cambridge and homeless young people during a visit.

The Duke of Cambridge visited our newly refurbished health and wellbeing centre in Soho, London, ton Wednesday morning to meet young people, staff and some of the UK’s top business leaders for a special mentoring session.

Quote from Daria_S

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

No different for William - that is the reality.

This time of year must be very busy for organizations like Centrepoint that help the homeless in the UK. I'm glad to see that their patron stopped by today to show his support.

Quote from Daria_S

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

We shall see.

Quote from Daria_S

Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?

We shall see.

Indeed. Kings can change reality. Reality can be changed. And if a King cannot speak for his subjects who cannot be heard, then reality needs to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Kings can change reality.

WE will have to agree to disagree. The UK has a constitutional monarchy and William will not be able to "change reality" . Change comes thru government.

I dont wish to offend anyone but there seems to be a romanticised view of what a monarchy is, or perhaps it's just that William is admired.

His chance to speak out is now or as Prince of Wales - it must happen before he is king.

We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines

Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?

I was thinking along the same lines. Thank you for clarifying.

If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.

That is an interesting mental image. I have no doubt that she'll tease him right back for that one.

Indeed. Kings can change reality.

That is true, and even if he's unable to do this as king, I'm sure that as a Prince of Wales he'll do a great deal. Time will tell.

We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines

Agreed. So do I!

Love the pics.
Can imagine Kate being sarcastic with Will- " Thanks so much for saying that, dear!"
And Wills- you're one of the handsomest men I know of, but your hair isn't the greatest either!

Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.:p

Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.:p

LOL! That would be so hilarious!

If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.

:p Or maybe, one day, she might cut it! :flowers: I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.

Last edited:
I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.

Like Princess Mary of Denmark; hers is a more manageable length than Kate's IMO. Both women have lovely hair.

Whoops, sorry; wrong thread...

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
Tonight The Duke of Cambridge will launch the first ever @centrepointuk awards!
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/667364221949231106

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Tonight's @centrepointuk awards will celebrate the successes and achievements of young people who have experienced homelessness.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
After volunteering @centrepointuk in 2005, The Duke became their Patron - a role previously held by his mother.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/667373815035482112

Last edited:
Love the pictures. William has a smile that lights up the room- and amazing people skills.

Love the pictures. William has a smile that lights up the room- and amazing people skills.

He most certainly does and his smile works its way from the inside out! He definitely goes the extra miles too when dealing with something that is close to his heart. Its like he's constantly thinking "well, this is working nicely but how can we make it even better?". To hold a celebration of those that have passed through Centrepointe's doors and have not only found a secure life but have excelled at it is perhaps the greatest testimony to Centrepointe and what it does and continues to do.

I couldn't have said it better. Agree on all points. " Smiles from the inside out." Yes! Just like someone else I've met... :D

PRINCE William warned tonight that Britain faces a crisis of youth homelessness with thousands facing life on the street.

The second in line to the throne, who has followed in his mother Princess Diana’s footsteps by working as patron of the charity Centrepoint, cited research that showed only 12 per cent of the 136,000 young people seeking support for homelessness are being housed amid Government funding cuts.

In a speech at the first Centrepoint awards evening in London, the Duke of Cambridge said: “This is of particular concern ahead of the Christmas period, where young people can resort to desperate measures to avoid sleeping on the streets.
Read more: Prince William warns of impending homelessness crisis in UK | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Duke of Cambridge met a woman who went from being homeless to a world champion powerlifter as he presented awards to young people who have defied their troubled backgrounds to become "beacons of hope" for others.

William was joined by celebrities Jonathan Ross and Sara Cox at a glittering ceremony in central London to honour young people who have overcome homelessness to turn their lives around, helped by the charity Centrepoint.
Read more: William has power talks with world champion who triumphed after being homeless - The Star

Last edited:

I'm in complete agreement (what else is new :D). One of my kiddos could have used that smile today. She was in a stander when she had me (fell asleep during her regularly-scheduled session and the only free time was the stander time slot). Heard her crying down the school's hallway. Totally broke my heart. Nothing I did worked; her favorite music made her cry harder, the toys were pushed away and I was at a loss. Usually this young lady and I have a blast. She LOVES her time with me. But today, she could have used someone who is a bit better than I am at making someone in pain smile. Thought of Will and someone else who would've had her laughing, dancing and forgetting that she was in a torture contraption.

He most certainly does and his smile works its way from the inside out! He definitely goes the extra miles too when dealing with something that is close to his heart. Its like he's constantly thinking "well, this is working nicely but how can we make it even better?". To hold a celebration of those that have passed through Centrepointe's doors and have not only found a secure life but have excelled at it is perhaps the greatest testimony to Centrepointe and what it does and continues to do.

And this is why I absolutely love seeing this man in action. His heart is always engaged, helping his brain come up with ways to make the lives of those less fortunate just a little bit easier. The reward of seeing the results of his involvement must be the best feeling ever. Yet another reason why in an alternate universe he would make an excellent teacher for children with special needs.

Prince William is shining a spotlight on an issue that was important to his late mother, Princess Diana: homeless youth in England.

On Thursday, the prince, 33, gave a speech at the first annual Centrepoint awards in London. The royal has been a patron of the organization, which provides a safe place to live for thousands of young people every year, since 2005.

“Ten years ago, Centrepoint was one of the first charities that I officially became associated with,” the prince said in his speech. “During that time, I have seen the charity adapt to the challenges of tackling youth homelessness with continued optimism and enthusiasm.”
Read more: Prince William Brings Awareness to 'Urgent' Homeless Crisis in England : People.com

Prince William awards seven incredible Centrepoint achievers

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at the launch of the Centrepoint Awards

Last edited:
I'm in complete agreement (what else is new :D). One of my kiddos could have used that smile today. She was in a stander when she had me (fell asleep during her regularly-scheduled session and the only free time was the stander time slot). Heard her crying down the school's hallway. Totally broke my heart. Nothing I did worked; her favorite music made her cry harder, the toys were pushed away and I was at a loss. Usually this young lady and I have a blast. She LOVES her time with me. But today, she could have used someone who is a bit better than I am at making someone in pain smile. Thought of Will and someone else who would've had her laughing, dancing and forgetting that she was in a torture contraption.

Well... Sounds to me like perhaps next time you should try watching this someone in ACGAS on the IPad with this special young lady. ;) :D

Well... Sounds to me like perhaps next time you should try watching this someone in ACGAS on the IPad with this special young lady. ;) :D

Yep. We'll be using that to get her to use the speech switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom