The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of Centrepoint 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William paying a private visit to CenterPoint Charity today of which he is patron.

Youssef Berouain
‏@LYBHM
Jus Met Prince William And Had A Gud Lil Chat Wid Him #ThatsDopa #LondonBoys Photo by youssefofficial • Instagram

What a lovely gesture!.

Love, love, the photo! But what I love more is that William went there as a person who cares, not as a Prince.....
How many people do you know whose first choice to spend some free time is go to a homeless shelter. Shows his true character. Love that he who lives in a Palace , he who will be King, and has everything, cares about those that have nothing. Comfortable with homeless to Kings.Impressive, but not surprising. There is " something" about William- I think part of that something is that he is real. He can drop by for a coffee with homeless guys, and it doesn't feel false.
Here endeth my novel....

You summed up my feelings about this event (and the person in question). He's a wonderful and caring individual, who truly wants to make a difference.

1st pic- Goofing off! LOL! Love it!2nd pic- Listening with his heart. Love this more....

Great descriptions!. That's what he does on pretty much every engagement he undertakes.

centrepointuk Centrepoint 24m
Prince William plays it cool with @CPParliament's Melissa and Noor (after some tough questioning!) @ClarenceHouse pic.twitter.com/aLYtmKALFh

Great picture! I have a feeling William made an impact on those he met.

great to see william in centerpoint! I think it's charity is vey important for him, like sntedale for harry

Sure are a lot of photos for a "private" event. If it started that way, it sure didn't end up that way.

Anyway, glad he likes smoothies...

I think "private" means that the media are not invited. No pix have appeared in the UK press. These pix are by centrepoint staff and attendees.

William's intent was a private visit. Centrepoint is the one who took the pictures and posted them. Can't blame them for being proud of their patron.

Really great pictures but, as an aside, I wonder why is he playing table tennis right handed?

A lot of left handed people play some sports right handed. My brother is a leftie but he golfs and plays tennis right handed.

My brother was ambidextrous. He said that anything learned, he did with his right hand; e.g., writing or using a bat during baseball. Anything that was innate; e.g., eating or combing his hair, was done with his left hand.

I think "private" means that the media are not invited. No pix have appeared in the UK press. These pix are by centrepoint staff and attendees.

I agree. William and his staff didn't publicize his visit and Centrepointe Staff and clients chose to share their private photos.

I agree. William and his staff didn't publicize his visit and Centrepointe Staff and clients chose to share their private photos.

I think that what this shows is that although most of what we see the royal do are through the press and official engagements, William's off the record visit to Centrepoint solidifies the view that a lot of what they do is out of the public eye and behind the scenes. It very easily could have come and gone without anyone the wiser except for those few pictures that proud staff and clients were happy to share with us.

I think that what this shows is that although most of what we see the royal do are through the press and official engagements, William's off the record visit to Centrepoint solidifies the view that a lot of what they do is out of the public eye and behind the scenes. It very easily could have come and gone without anyone the wiser except for those few pictures that proud staff and clients were happy to share with us.
I agree. I've always admired the late Queen Juliana's determination to make visits without too much pomp and ceremony. Not every visit by a royal needs to be accompanied by the media. At times it seems like royals (not just William) can't seem to please anyone with their engagements. If the press is invited to everything then there seems to be complaints about the cost (security) and need to be in front of the cameras.

However if they make a private visit then the complaint is that they don't work enough because the press did not record the event. Or if a few private photos are released by people present then it's no longer "private.":whistling:

What a wonderful caring and compassionate man
Diana did well
Indeed she would be so proud of her sons!

What a wonderful caring and compassionate man
Diana did well
Indeed she would be so proud of her sons!

... and Prince Charles and everybody who was concerned in their upbringing did well and will be very proud of them ;)

You are correct. There are numerous people who were involved in the upbringing of the Princes and should be recognized for that. They all did a good job. :)

Jon Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift support Centrepoint:
Rock legend Jon Bon Jovi and country pop star Taylor Swift will appear at the second Centrepoint Winter Whites Gala on Tuesday 26 November 2013, performing to just 200 people-
Winter Whites Gala

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 57m
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3h
The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.

Last edited:
So no Duchess of Cambridge at the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace on November 26. Solo job for William....

The Duke of Cambridge, as patron, is to attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of @centrepointuk at Kensington Palace on 26 November.

Surprising as Catherine is on the invitations or maybe the invitation wasn't real.

I've heard she is as tired of listening to Taylor Swift as I am. ;)

May not be a fan of Taylor Swift but I think it's shame that Catherine would miss out on performances by Taylor and Bon Jovi though.

Richard Palmer wrote today that he thinks the charity jumped the gun on the invite. If I can find the tweet I'll update this.

EDIT: Here is the tweet. Shows that people should always wait for official confirmation

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
@JanetNorCal @WhatKateWore @HRH_KLynch I think it boils down to the charity jumped the gun.

Yes, I see in Richard's that Catherine was never going and the charity made a mistake with the invitations. They had hoped she would attend but was told that she wouldn't be able to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere that shows a guest list for this event?

Somehow doubt Robert Hardy will be on the list of there was one, no guest list will be released for security reasons.

JB ‏@Royal_beans 10m
REMINDER: The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, will attend the Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint at Kensington Palace, on Nov 26 #royal

Thanks for the reminder. Forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom