The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke of Cambridge made an unofficial visit to Centrepoint today

Centrepoint @centrepointuk · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

https://twitter.com/centrepointuk/st...453504/photo/1
OK that picture makes me cry. Again, the future King sipping a mug of coffee like anybody else. Another website I was on this AM had great pictures- think it was the Daily Mail.
No it is not the first time he has dropped in. I will never forget watching a documentary about William, and him talking to a young man who in the past had struggled with hunger and drug abuse. The guy was so anxious, and embarrassed , but William put him at ease, and treated him with so much respect. Then he met a man who had not eaten in days, and again was so caring. He also slept on a street for a night with Centerpoint.
Not surprised that he's done this- first because it's William, and secondly, he's dropped in at least 3 times before, and he usually makes a Xmas visit. Sometimes he also does a visit at the Royal Marsden.
But again the main reason I'm not surprised is because it's William, I'd be surprised if he didn't. They call him amazing. That's putting it mildly to say the least. But what other word can you use? What other word is there?
Now if Kate will do a Xmas EACH or other hospice visit, life will be good!

Quote:

Prince William, our amazing Patron, has spent this morning with homeless young people, mentors and @CPParliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
He'll be the King that will speak for those who cannot be heard.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
These just seem to go together.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

My gag reflex is making it impossible to leave a comment.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Apparently not.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Majesty

From Centrepoint

The Duke of Cambridge chats about jobs and health with homeless young people.
Quote:
Getting a job, interview techniques, healthy breakfasts and his wife's hair were just some of the chats between Centrepoint Patron The Duke of Cambridge and homeless young people during a visit.

The Duke of Cambridge visited our newly refurbished health and wellbeing centre in Soho, London, ton Wednesday morning to meet young people, staff and some of the UK’s top business leaders for a special mentoring session.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Why on earth are you gagging?

Quote:
Great photos!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Quote from Daria_S

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

No different for William - that is the reality.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

This time of year must be very busy for organizations like Centrepoint that help the homeless in the UK. I'm glad to see that their patron stopped by today to show his support.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quote from Daria_S

I'm sorry but he won't be. He could be the Duke of Cambridge that does that, or even the Prince of Wales but he won't do that as king.

He will not be speaking out because of the risk of being controversial or political or even just giving an opinion. HMQ is lauded for not having said anything even mildly interesting on her own behalf in over 60 yrs as Queen. Charles (no constitutional role) is chastised and criticised for speaking out whilst he is Prince of Wales and it is said that he knows he cannot continue once he is king.

We shall see.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Quote from Daria_S

Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We shall see.
Indeed. Kings can change reality. Reality can be changed. And if a King cannot speak for his subjects who cannot be heard, then reality needs to change.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Majesty

More pics from today

Kate Middleton's hair is a NIGHTMARE says Prince William at charity breakfast | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Courtier

If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pics.
Can imagine Kate being sarcastic with Will- " Thanks so much for saying that, dear!"
And Wills- you're one of the handsomest men I know of, but your hair isn't the greatest either!
Old 12-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Indeed. Kings can change reality.
WE will have to agree to disagree. The UK has a constitutional monarchy and William will not be able to "change reality" . Change comes thru government.

I dont wish to offend anyone but there seems to be a romanticised view of what a monarchy is, or perhaps it's just that William is admired.

His chance to speak out is now or as Prince of Wales - it must happen before he is king.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Majesty

We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines
Old 12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, but there are different ways of speaking than just sharing your opinion or view. William will continue to show support for causes ( his showing support for a homeless shelter is a way of saying homeless deserve help, )and he will listen with his heart to people who society turns away from, as he already does. He says a lot without saying a word- be that an opinion / a view/ or otherwise. The purpose of not sharing an opinion is to be King of all the subjects. But also part of being a good King is to speak for those who cannot be heard. And he can do that without giving an opinion, a view, or even saying a word.
If a King cannot speak for those who cannot be heard, why have one?
I was thinking along the same lines. Thank you for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
If William is totally bald the next time we see him, we will know that Catherine scalped him for that remark. I had always heard that the reason she doesn't cut her hair is because he likes it long.
That is an interesting mental image. I have no doubt that she'll tease him right back for that one.

Quote:
Indeed. Kings can change reality.
That is true, and even if he's unable to do this as king, I'm sure that as a Prince of Wales he'll do a great deal. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We will have to wait and see what the fallout is from Charles's spider letters. I think William is more subtle than Charles and able to get his point across effectively without crossing any lines
Agreed. So do I!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Love the pics.
Can imagine Kate being sarcastic with Will- " Thanks so much for saying that, dear!"
And Wills- you're one of the handsomest men I know of, but your hair isn't the greatest either!
Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Or Kate actually bought William a wooly toupee when they were in Australia and he can open it on Christmas morning.
LOL! That would be so hilarious!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
Or maybe, one day, she might cut it! I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think she would actually look quite good with a conservative bob. Not too-too short, but just enough to lift the weight off her neck. Done well she would look very smart at the drop-of-a-hat, in any outfit. No fuss or bother, which might be something she is longing for now with one child and another on the way. Not saying she is but she might. Would make life easier for her for sure.
Like Princess Mary of Denmark; hers is a more manageable length than Kate's IMO. Both women have lovely hair.

Whoops, sorry; wrong thread...