The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of Centrepoint 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William and Kate Middleton brought a “calming vibe” to their most recent visit.

Gareth Bradbury, 24, who shared his story of homelessness with Princess Kate on Wednesday as she sliced loaves in the kitchen at Centrepoint’s Quarry View hostel in Yorkshire, says, “They are warming people.”

Bradbury, a former foster child who came to the homelessness charity after finding himself “in limbo after university,” tells PEOPLE, “They have an almost calming vibe that puts you at ease. It was easy to talk about anything.

Kate seems to really care about Centrepoint and asked me a load of questions on what support they offer and how I came to find it and where I’m going to go in the future.”

Read more: Prince William and Kate Have a 'Calming Vibe That Puts You at Ease'

Fantastic to hear that The Duke of Cambridge has become Royal Patron of our friends @PassageCharity. We look forward to all working together to end homelessness.

Via Centrepoint Twitter

Fantastic to hear that The Duke of Cambridge has become Royal Patron of our friends @PassageCharity. We look forward to all working together to end homelessness.

Via Centrepoint Twitter
Good news indeed. His mother did a great job exposing her sons to the plight of the homeless.

It seems that Diana's work with the homeless certainly made a deep impression upon her sons. Congratulations to Passages on their new royal patron.

As we watch William grow older and grow into his royal roles, one thing stands out for me is that both William and Harry take what they do to heart. No just showing up to cut a ribbon and have a photo op but they both dig down and get dirty in what they do.

It mostly hit home for me the night William spent with the homeless out in the elements on a winter's night. Both sons were taught to go that extra mile and it shows.

Today our Patron The Duke of Cambridge delivered a message to our National Conference on youth homelessness, encouraged everyone to share their knowledge & expertise and thanked them for their commitment.

@KensingtonRoyal @TheRoyalFamily #ChangeTheStory

Prince William recruits children’s author, comedian
@davidwalliam to his @ThePWAward scheme to help take it to 50k school children.

Walliams is now Patron of the scheme which builds character and resilience in children aged 6 to 14. It’s like a @Dof scheme for primary schools

Via Chris ship Twitter

Hundreds of modular homes will be built by a youth homelessness charity with capped rent in the first scheme of its kind aiming to “end homelessness”.

Centrepoint, is today announcing its multi-million-pound scheme - billed as its “most ambitious programme to date” - to help young homeless people aged 16 to 25.

The charity, whose patron is Prince William, is today announcing in The Telegraph a project to offer a “pro-active solution to help young people help themselves by giving them a job and a home” following an interview with its chief executive, Seyi Obakin OBE
Read more: Modular homes endorsed by Prince William to be built by charity to 'end youth homelessness'

I really like this. Its a project that not only establishes places for the young and the homeless to live, its also a project where they're involved in the building and making of a "home". They do it for themselves along with perhaps gaining a marketable skill for getting jobs in the future and fosters a sense of accomplishment and self worth.

Genius, pure genius. ?

Court Circular 13th November:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Centrepoint, this morning officially opened Peterson Haberdashers’ Apprenticeship House.

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Centrepoint, this evening attended the 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner at the Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road, London NW1, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).

Last edited:
Court Circular 12th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Centrepoint, talked to young people who are supported by the charity, and members of staff, via video link.

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom