The Duke of Cambridge and Sporting Patronages 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to rememer a few weeks ago that William met with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester Utd, given the huge news today in the uk of Sir Alex's retirement and (it is well know how secretavie sir alex is) did William know (in his president of he fa role-i'm not sure of another link between them!

William went to watch Manchester United train in April 21st, he then had lunch in the canteen with Sir Alex and other team mates. If retirement was discussed, we wouldn't know about it.

UEFA Congress: Live Video Coverage-
UEFA Congress - UEFA.com

HuffPostUKPics HuffPostUK Pic Desk 47m
Prince William proudly displays his Help For Heroes wristband today pic.twitter.com/ZWqDFN3Ue5

Prince William: Champions League Final 'will inspire'-
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-24/prince-william-champions-league-final-will-inspire/

Heather84a ‏@Heather84A 2h
William was apparently presented with two footballs at the end of his speech, one regulation size and a smaller one for the baby :)

Pictures:
Prince William at the Uefa’s 37th Annual congress. May 24, 2013-
http://princewilliam.tumblr.com/post/51217274403/prince-william-at-the-uefas-37th-annual-congress

Last edited:
UEFA Congress: Live Video Coverage-
UEFA Congress - UEFA.com

HuffPostUKPics HuffPostUK Pic Desk 47m
Prince William proudly displays his Help For Heroes wristband today pic.twitter.com/ZWqDFN3Ue5

Prince William: Champions League Final 'will inspire'-
Prince William: Champions League Final 'will inspire' - ITV News

Heather84a ‏@Heather84A 2h
William was apparently presented with two footballs at the end of his speech, one regulation size and a smaller one for the baby :)

Pictures:
Prince William at the Uefa’s 37th Annual congress. May 24, 2013-
Prince William at the Uefa

Lovely images.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal The #Queen gave her permission to stage a match in Gardens of Buck Pal to mark 150th anniv of #FA: Civil Service FC V Polytechnic FC

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 58m
#royal Crowns for goalposts - first ever footie pitch in back garden of Buckingham Palace marked out #FA #William pic.twitter.com/qi24n62fjF

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 55m
#royal Match between 2 oldest amateur clubs (est. 1870s) takes place at Palace on Oct 7th #halftimecucumbersandwiches pic.twitter.com/tMM0oBC2sf

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 53m
#royal Prince #William, Pres of #FA asked for Queen's permission to mark out pitch to celebrate FA's 150th anniv pic.twitter.com/80LyI5xxqh

Buckingham Palace garden turned into football pitch as Prince William marks FA anniversary:
Buckingham Palace garden turned into football pitch as Prince William marks FA anniversary | Royal | News | Daily Express

Last edited by a moderator:
David Wilkinson ‏@DWilkinsonCNN 4h
Heading to Buckingham Palace tomorrow... @MaxFosterCNN live on the touchline as Prince William hosts a football match pic.twitter.com/9mCvUhmiFx

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
REMINDER: Prince William will host official football match and present medals to 150 grassroots volunteers at Buckingham Palace tomorrow.

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 2h
William engagement: ITV updates for football match at BP today. Kick off at 1.40pm http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-07/fa-prepares-to-honour-150-grassroots-volunteers/ …

GoldenCouple ‏@TRH_WandC 15h
The #football match in the #Buckingham Palace Gardens will kick off at 1:40pm on Monday, 7 October.

Valentine Low ‏@valentinelow1h
William as Buckingham Palace hosts 1st football match on Queen's back lawn: "If anyone breaks a window, you can answer to her."

Valentine Low ‏@valentinelow 1h
Queen absent, said William, "so there shouldn't be any corgis running on to the pitch"

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 5m
Prince William says these are the smartest set of fans he's ever seen pic.twitter.com/CHduOec0uv

Max Rushden ‏@maxrushden 3m
Prince william beats greg dyke in palace race #fa150 pic.twitter.com/ES1yETwwZn

Video:
Prince William warns Buckingham Palace football match players not to break a window-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ball-match-players-not-to-break-a-window.html

A speech by HRH The Duke of Cambridge at The FA's Grassroots Heroes event at Buckingham Palace:
A speech by HRH The Duke of Cambridge at The FA's Grassroots Heroes event at Buckingham Palace

Hannah Marshall ‏@hmarshall_8 6m
Well no, I've never seen anything like this in my life... Prince William having a kick about with Michael Owen pic.twitter.com/q1mxuYmaOv

Video:
Prince William Speech and Presentations to FA Volunteers-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=Prince%20William%20Speech%20and%20Presentations%20to%20FA%20Volunteers

Video:
William & Duchess of Gloucester Watches Historic Football Match at Buckingham-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=William Watches Historic Football Match at Buckingham

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 7h
Whilst Prince William hosts today's football match at Buckingham Palace, the Duchess of Gloucester will be there supporting Civil Service FC

Video:
Buckingham Palace hosts its first football match-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24423342

'Break my grandmother's windows and answer to her': Prince William hosts the first-ever football match to be held at Buckingham Palace (and the half-time oranges are delivered on silver platters)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...f-time-oranges-delivered-silver-platters.html

Lol favorite part of that is that is he is barely going to fit in it. George is a big boy...can't wait to see the christening pics on the 23rd.

Duke of Cambridge to attend the Football Association’s 150th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Grand Connaught Rooms, London - October 26

Video:
Prince William has attended a Gala Dinner held in London to celebrate the FA's 150th anniversary-
Home - ITNSource News

I never realized William was that tall, he stood a head above every other man there, he sure is one handsome looking young man even with his hair loss. He is learning now the job of his father, the role of PW.

I never realized William was that tall, he stood a head above every other man there, he sure is one handsome looking young man even with his hair loss. He is learning now the job of his father, the role of PW.

From a lot of what I've seen and read lately, it does seem as Charles is really getting William to be hands on in a lot of the duties and responsibilities that Charles has handled over the years. We can't be 100% positive that Charles will create him The Prince of Wales but the way things are looking, I think there'll be a very good chance of that.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 47m
The Duke of Cambridge, vice patron Welsh Rugby Union, will watch Wales and South Africa play for the Prince William Cup in Cardiff Nov 9.

BritishMonarchyHeir ‏@British_Heir 54m
"He said he was struggling with babysitters at the moment." Will talks about #PrinceGeorge. http://tinyurl.com/k8vlc35 pic.twitter.com/95nMTyOnIV

Kelly Mathews ‏@allthingsregal 1h
Roaring Prince William cheers from the stand watching Wales and South Africa at Millennium Stadium today. DM pic.twitter.com/pC5458qrfg

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has met members of the Wales rugby team during a visit to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff today. The Prince, who is patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, was also introduced to injured former players who are being helped by the Trust, before watching today's Autumn International match between Wales and South Africa-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has met members of the Wales rugby team during a visit to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff today. The Prince, who is patron of the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust, was also introduced to injured former players who are being helped by the Trust, before watching today's Autumn International match between Wales and South Africa-
Home - ITNSource News

roseroyal, I think there should be more focus on the Diana Awards. Perhaps there should be a gala reception and the awards handed out by William, Catherine or Harry every year.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 49m
William cheers on Aston Villa at Villa Park MT @talkSPORTLive: Prince William watches on as Villa take on Sunderland! pic.twitter.com/AVOCnmSc9P

Pictures:
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge watches the Barclays Premier League match between Aston Villa and Sunderland at Villa Park on November 30, 2013 in Birmingham, England-
http://dukewilliamandduchesskate.tu.../prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-watches-the

http://dukewilliamandduchesskate.tu.../prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-attends-the

Last edited:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
On 17th May 2014, Prince William, @FA President, will attend The FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium (via @BritishMonarchy, ht @JamieMcFadden_)

Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 1h
Also on @BritishMonarchy website, its confirmed that FA Pres (P.William) will attend FA Cup final where he'll do usual trophy presentation.

Prince William takes on scuba club president role - London - News - London Evening Standard

Prince William takes on scuba club president role

The Duke of Cambridge has said he hopes his son will follow in his footsteps and take up scuba-diving after he became president of the activity’s governing body.Prince William is the third generation of the monarchy to take the position at the British Sub-Aqua Club (Bsac).

Previously his father, the Prince of Wales, and grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, took on the role before him.

He marked his new presidency by writing a foreword for Scuba, the organisation's magazine: "Just like my grandfather and my father, I am proud to say that I learnt to dive with Bsac, and share your passion for the sport and the underwater world. I hope that one day my son, George, will also experience the wonders that snorkelling and scuba diving have to offer."

He stressed he was keen to continue his father's determination to preserve and protect the marine environment, wildlife and heritage.

The Duke added: "The underwater world truly captures the imagination and broadens horizons. I have been fortunate enough to have dived in some stunning locations around the world. Scuba diving really has opened my eyes not only to many extraordinary sights, but also to the responsibilities that we have as guardians of the underwater world. Which is why, as Bsac's new president, I hope to continue my father's legacy of striving to preserve and protect our precious marine heritage and environment for future generations."

William also spoke of his own goal as the new Bsac president: "I look forward to working with Bsac to encourage even more young people into the sport, for they are the next generation of underwater explorers, pioneers and protectors."

In the second photo he looks a lot like Edward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom